2005 Grand Banks 43 Europa
Yacht price :
OUT N ABOUT is one of the last Grand Banks 42 Europa's built,delivered in 2005. Her sole owner is a knowlegdable and experienced yachtsman who has both operated and cared for her with a "proper yachting attitude" - in other words - no shortcuts, perfect professional boatyard maintenance, inside heated storage, etc. Twin Yanmar 460's (with 1200 hours) provide a fast cruise at 18 knots, and a top speed of 22 knots. A highly regarded design, this late model build is from the peak of perfection in these boats, and OUT N ABOUT shows it. With like-new condition inside and out, a spiffy engine room, and everything "just right", you will not be disappointed when you come for an inspection.
- Grand Banks
- 43 Europa
- Stonington, CT, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Out N About
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Deep Vee
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 43 ft - 13.11 meter
- 14 ft - 4.27 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Direct Drive
- Fuel Type:
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- Fresh Water Tank:
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Manufacturer Provided Description
Cocktails at sunset, family gatherings, or cruising adventures with friends. The Grand Banks 42 Europa is a natural when it comes to hosting gatherings of all sizes. In addition to its generous 42-foot length, the Europa's roof line extends over the side decks. As a result, owners enjoy additional protected space from sun and rain; a big plus for those who plan on cruising in the tropics. Add a spacious salon that opens into the protected cockpit area, a generously proportioned fiberglass stairway for easy access to the bridge, and convenient dinghy storage and you begin to see why this model is known for its welcoming nature. Below, the theme continues. One Europa interior configuration provides for two private staterooms and a large head with separate stall shower. An alternative two-room stateroom and two-head layout is also available. In either case, the luxurious owner's suite is forward (your choice of double-size island bed or twin V-berths). A large opening hatch ensures excellent ventilation, especially at anchor. The guest stateroom comes with either a double berth or two single berths. Of course, the 42 Europa comes with all the trademark touches: liberal use of burnished Burmese teak both inside and out, superior performance and stability and best-in-class dependability.
OUT N ABOUT is one of the last 42 Europa's produced, and has had above average care by one of New England's best boatyards, She was smartly optioned and equipped by her experienced yachtsman owner who had the boat built for use by him and his wife. This fine Europa shows much better than most boats her age, and is ready to be passed on to a new owner who can step aboard and start cruising immediately with no work required.
Twin Yanmar 6CXM-CTE rated at 460 hp
ESTIMATED PERFORMANCE NUMBERS:
At 1200 RPM, 8.8 knots, 3.4 gal/hr
At 1400 RPM, 9.6 knots, 6.6 gal/hr
At 1600 RPM, 10.4 knots, 10.2 gal/hr
At 1800 RPM, 13 knots, 13 gal/hr
At 2000 RPM, 15 knots, 17.6 gal/hr
At 2200 RPM, 16.5 knots, 21.4 gal/hr
At 2300 RPM, 17.5 knots, 24 gal/hr
At 2400 RPM, 19 knots, 27.8 gal/hr
ONAN 9Kw G=diesel generator with Sound Shield
This is the owner’s cabin, and it certainly meets the luxury standards associated with that title
- Centerline island queen berth (custom and lowered at factory) with excellent access from both port and starboard
- Five large drawers below the berth offer significant storage – and there is much more. The inside of all drawers and lockers throughout the vessel is glossy varnish
- Two reading lamps (port and starboard, wall switches to control them)
- A cabinet door above the berth provides access to the chain locker
- Night stands/counters port and starboard with storage below
- 5 drawer chest of drawers to starboard
- Hanging locker to port with louvered doors
- Full length mirror
- 4 opening ports with curtains.
- One overhead hatch with retractable shade (All hatch shades by Oceanaire)
- AC/Heat controls.
- Private Door to head for ensuite use.
- Overhead lighting
HEAD (TO STARBOARD)
This is a large, comfortable space trimmed in teak and granite, with a separate stall shower.
- Granite counter top on vanity, stainless sink
- Grohe faucet
- Storage below sink and in locker outboard.
- Sealand Vacuflush head (uses one cup of fresh water per flush – keeps line clean, maximizes holding tank capacity)
- Two opening ports – one in head, one in shower
- Overhead Hatch with shade
- Glass bi-fold door to shower stall, with shower sump, overhead lighting
- optional teak shower grate
- Head is accessible from the owner’s cabin or from the common area.
GUEST CABIN (TO PORT)
This is a large guest cabin for a 42’ boat, with a layout that is useful and provides for good elbow room.
- Two twin berths running athwartships with hanging locker outboard between.
- Four drawers under the aft berth.
- Two larger drawers under forward Berth.
- Two opening ports.
- Opening hatch above with shade.
MAIN SALON, GALLEY AND LOWER STATION:
Up four steps from the stateroom level, one finds one of the most accommodating areas ever found on a boat of this size, the reason why the Europa model is so popular. This area is completely finished in glossy varnished teak, with 360 degree views, excellent natural lighting, and large, comfortable spaces. In addition there is excellent ventilation, including a double teak sliding door which opens wide to unite the aft cockpit area with the salon, which are both on the same level.
- Varnished teak and holly sole throughout.
- Opening center windshield panel
- Three windshield wipers
- Teak hinged access panels to wiring and electronics above windshield
- Starboard door at helm
- Double door aft.
- Exceptional Grand Banks teak finish work throughout.
- Fantastic storage
- Shades and curtains on all windows.
GALLEY (FORWARD TO PORT)
Worthy of a gourmet cook and all their helpers! One can easily see themselves opening up a bottle of wine and enjoying the pleasure of cooking a fine meal in this galley.
- Granite counter tops.
- 3 burner Force 10 propane stove top.
- Lift-up granite counter above stove, becomes a stainless steel backsplash when in the raised position
- Sharp Convection Microwave oven below the stove.
- Large teak “raised counter” just aft of the windshield, with two lift-up storage areas, and two drawers below
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Grohe faucet
- Seaward Products gas solenoid control
- Norcold refrigerator with teak door panel
- Additional top-loading fridge/freezer outboard
- Four drawers under sink
- Tilt-out trash locker under sink
- Teak upper cabinetry above galley counter return, with lockers, adjustable shelves
- Glass paneled “crystal cabinet” at inboard end of counter return
- Door to starboard.
- Seat with storage below and flip up footrest.
- Ritchie Powerdamp Plus compass
- Raymarine E120 flat panel display
- Raymarine ST60+ Wind
- Raymarine ST60+ Depth
- Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot
- Panish controls
- Remote windlass control
- Trim tab controls
- Icom IC M504 VHF in over-windshield panel with remote microphone mounted forward of door
- Glendinning Synchronizers (dual station)
- NOTE: ALL ELECTRONICS AND CONTROLS ARE DUPLICATED ON FLYBRIDGE.
- Fuel and water tank gauges
- Top loading “bar locker: aft of helm seat, with storage locker below
- Two upholstered barrel chairs to starboard
- Large teak "entertainment center" cabinet between the chairs, with sliding tambor doors
- Wrap-around settee to port
- Storage lockers below the settee
- High-low table with fold-out leaves, all teak with maple inlay, can be at cocktail table height or dining table height.
- Teak Storage locker at aft end of settee with end table function and locker above.
- Twin sliding teak and glass doors to open salon to aft cockpit.
- SONY stereo and two speakers flush mounted in salon overhead
This is another advantage of the Europa – a sizeable and safe aft cockpit, with hard top that extends overhead all the way aft. Decks here, and everywhere, are of natural teak which has been kept in excellent condition and is a clean, light gray in color.
- Two teak chairs and an end table
- Large lazarette storage below cockpit
- Storage under stairs to bridge
- Hot and cold shower in cockpit
- Transom door to solid teak louvered swim platform.
- Stainless and teak swim ladder on the swim platform
- Stainless hawse pipes outboard and through transom both port and starboard, with one large cleat (4 total) for each hawse pipe
- Teak decks are clean and in excellent condition
- All gelcoat surfaces shiny (no chalking), well cared for, and in excellent condition.
- All exterior teak is varnished to professional standards by one of New England’s best boatyards.
- Varnished teak railing around entire boat.
- Small teak-decked seat in forward portion of deck house.
- Tall bulwarks forward for safety and a strong sense of comfort.
- Excellent anchor storage and handling arrangement.
- Power, Cable and telephone receptacles both forward and aft.
- Stainless handrails on the cabin top and running the length of the side decks.
- Gates port and starboard with cast Grand Banks name plates/treads
- 8 step staircase (not a ladder) to bridge deck
- Stainless hand rails on both sides of staircase
- Sliding access hatch above staircase
- Stainless railing around bridge deck
- Tan sunbrella weather clothes
- Tan sunbrella bimini with three-sided enclosure and large-gauge stainless frame
- Navy blue sunbrella covers for instrument panel, wheel, seat, table and lounge
- Pedestal Mounted helm seat
- Wrap around lounge/settee to starboard (Vinyl cushions here are the only item on the boat that needs attention)
- Mast with boom for launching the dinghy. Mast also supports antennae’s.
- Stainless Steel chocks for dinghy
- West Marine hard bottomed inflatable Model 310 LITE 2007
- Torqueedo electric outboard motor
- All electronics repeated at bridge (Newer autopilot control head at bridge)
- Stereo speakers on bridge.
- Wash-down faucet outlet forward
- Lofrens Tigres 1200 watt windlass with foot controls on foredeck, remote controls at helms
- 50 Amp shore power cord
- Danforth anchor
- CQR anchor
- Two Marine Air Reverse Cycle Air Conditoners/Heat, one for forward cabins, one for main salon
- Optional Stainless Steel rubrails on forward cap rails and safety rails
- Optional High Gloss varnish on all interior furniture a nd teak trim
- Screens for all opening windows