2008 Duffy Pilothouse Trawler
Yacht price :
An incredible sea boat, this 50' Duffy was custom built by Atlantic Boat in Brooklin, Maine. Her current (2nd owner) a hugely experienced Yachtsman having owned a yacht yard and done extensive racing and cruising under sail as well as having owned a Nordhavn 46. He chose this yacht as he could appreciate how easy she is to operate and own as well as for her efficient displacement speed cruising along with her high teens cruise speed when desired.
Now only for sale as this octogenarian wishes to downsize.
The current owners have done a number of upgrades, please read the full specs for details.
- Pilothouse Trawler
- Yarmouth, ME, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Deep Vee
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 50 ft - 15.24 meter
- 50 ft - 15.24 meter
- 17 ft 6 in - 5.33 meter
- Draft - max:
- 5 ft 6 in - 1.68 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- 55000 lbs
- Cruise Speed:
- 18 MPH - 15.64 KTS
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Direct Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 1000 (Individual), 1000 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 22 MPH - 19.12 KTS
- Fuel Tank:
- 750 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 320 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 50 gallons - 2 tank(s)
Beautifully built to provide cruising luxury for a couple with room for guests or children when desired. Light abounds in all spaces with numerous windows hatches and ports providing superb natural ventilation as well. When natural ventilation is not enough 3 reverse cycle (heat and cool) units will keep in interior comfortable in a wide range of climates while, when cruising in cooler weather and not wanting to use the generator central Espar diesel cabin heat system is fitted.
Excellent head of over 6'-10" throughout (the original owner is 6'-7". Her bright and airy interior is finished in, what traditionalists would call "Herreshoff Style" with varnished teak trim on white flat panels, all cabin soles are varnished teak & holly. Lighting is extensive with overhead recessed Cantalup halogen lights on dimmer at all headliner battens and swivel style reading laps at the berths and settes.
Last but not least there is at least as much storage space as we have seen on any cruising yacht this size.
Vessel Walk Thru:
Starting forward is the Owner's Stateroom with a full queen sized berth with custom mattress. Below the berth there are 6 large cargo drawers and above the berth there are full length storage shelves with fiddle. Aft and to P&S are his and hers hanging lockers with storage lockers above. Aft and to starboard is a full sized head featuring Vacu-flush W., Corian topped vanity with undermount, ceramic sink and storage. Adjacent to the head is a laundry closet with full sized washer and properly vented dryer units.
Opposite to post is a 2nd "head" with separate stall shower compartment, vanity and sink (no W.C. in this 2nd head). Up 4 steps (there is a hatch and door to isolate the forward cabin when desired) to the wheelhouse/salon with helm station to starboard.
Wing doors both P&S side allow easy access to the side decks, aft and to port is an over 7' long L-shaped settee with storage under and book shleves with fiddle above. forward and to port is a nav. area and chart storage along with a large drawer for other navigational utensils.
Heading aft and down three steps one finds a guest stateroom to starboard with a bunk bed arrangement. Below the lower berth there is top load access type storage with additional storage forward in in upper handing locker and then 6 drawers below.
To port and aft is as spacious and well appointed a U-shaped galley as one finds on a yacht of this size. As beautifully appointed as the rest of the vessel; there are Corain counter tops, NovaCool full height refrigerator freezer box with ice maker, 3 burner ceramic cooktop, convection microwave and a single basin stainless steel sink. Storage in the galley is extensive (see photo).
The aft end of the galley counter top overhangs providing a "breakfast bar" or spot to nurse a cup of coffee while chatting with the chef! Just aft of the galley is a small desk while inboard is the guest/day head. The head features a small vanity with undermount ceramic sink and Vacuflush W.C. Throughout this Duffy 50 is a delight; beautifully finished, bright and airy.
• KVH Trac III satellite entertainment system new 2014 • 3 Sony Bravia flat screen TVS with DVD player • External cell phone antenna with signal amplifier • Wood blinds for all side windows
Fitted put for coastal cruising with all electroncs located at the helm station starboard side.
• Simrad AP26 Autopilot • Furuno Navnet Radar 1934C • Furuno RD-30 Multi function display • Garmin 7612 color radar/plotter 2015 • 2 ea Autohelm ST-60 depth sounders • Furuno PB-130 Airmar with windspeed, direction, direction and temperature • ICOM VHF 304 and ICOM VHF 602 radio at lower helm • ICOM VHF 304 radio at upper helm • Dual redundant, different frequency depth sounders • Cell phone antenna/amplifier system • Stern and engine room camera monitors • 2 ea Kahlenberg bugle air horns
Wired for 12 Volt DC service and 120 Volt AC service. A 12kw Westerbeke generator showing 915 hours as of date of listing handles heavier loads when off the dock while a 2000 watt Xantrex inverter handles lighter loads. 12 Volt DC:
• Distribution panel by helm with breakers • Volt & Amp meters • 2 8D lead acid house 24 volt bank • 1 8D lead acid battery 12 volt bank • 1 8D engine start battery • 1 Group 27 lead acid generator start battery • 140 amp alternator • Vanner 100 amp 24-12 volt batter equalizer
120 Volt AC Service
• 12 kw Westerbeke Generator • 18 outlets • 12 gallon Raritan hot water heater (also engine supplied) • Xantex 2000 watt Inverter/70 amp charger • 50 amp shore power connection in cockpit • 50' 50 amp shore power cord
Singe Caterpillar C-18 1,000 HP fresh water cooled diesel turns a 5 bladed 38 X 36" left handed wheel, on a 3" stainless steel shaft, through a ZF 2.45:1 reduction gear.
Her engine room is clean as a whistle and has standing headroom of 6'-7"; easily accessed by an ingeniously hidden set up steps encased with in the interior joiner work.
From sea trials with the seller with clean bottom and 1/2 fuel and full water:
1. 700 RPM 6.0 kt 16% load 1 GPH
2. 1200 RPM 8.9 kt 36% load 8.8 GPH
3. 1600 RPM 10.4 kt 50% load 20.4 GPH
4. 2100 RPM 19.0 kt 80% load 39.0 GPH (full all day cruise)
5. 2330 RPM 22.5 kt 100% load 50 GPH (wide open throttle)
• Single 1,000 hp C-18 Cat diesel engine • Sidepower 9 hp 24 v bow thruster • Kolbelt dual controls • Dual Racor fuel filters • PYI dripless shaft seal • Fireboy manual/automatic engine room fire supplression • 2 ea 350 gallon fiberglass fuel tanks • 12 kw Generator in soundbox • 6'7" Walk in headroom in engine room • Reverso FPS150 24v fuel polishing systems • 3 ea 16,000 BTU A/C System • Central Espar Diesel Heating System • Hydraulic Steering System - engine driven • Protected prop and rudder - large barn door rudder with bronze shoe • Spurs on shaft • Delta-T exhaust fans for engine room • Auxiliary helm controls on upper deck • Upper helm jog style control through autopilot
Hull & Deck
Semi-displacement Spencer Lincoln designed "downeast" type hull with full skeg and protected propeller and rudder built of solid hand laid fiberglass with vinyl-ester resin in the exterior laminate. The hull is finished with Jade Green Awlgrip with a White Boot Stripe and green antifouling.
The house and deck structure is molded fiberglass with end grain blasa coring and Oyster White Awlgrip finish with Gray Algrip with non-skid in the cockpit and Moondust Awlgrip on the side decks with non-skid
• Lewmar electric V-4 windlass • Manual conversion added to windlass 2014 to enable hoisting anchor if electric motor fails • 88 lb. Rocna anchor with 300' 7/16 hi-tensile chain new 2014 • Hinged radar mast allows 19' bridge clearance, 24' when raised • Avon 311 RIB tender with 8 HP Mercury outboard • Chock and Nick Jackson crane on upper deck • P&S Wing doors off pilothouse to side decks • Reverse windshield on pilothouse • Transom Door • Fiberglass Swim Platform with Swim Ladder • Ladder from cockpit to upper deck and helm • Storage lockers in cockpit and upper helm • Stainless steel railings added to upper deck and after portion of side decks 2014 • 4 fenders and 6 braided docklines • 8 Type II and Type I PFDs • Lifering • Flare kit • 4 fire extinguishers
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Duffy 50 Pilothouse Trawler – Endurance Page 6 of