1968 Hinckley Pilot
Yacht price :
'Whimsey' stuns with iconic Hinckley lines and her classic flag blue topsides. She has be repowered with a Volvo Penta engine, a new Garmin chart plotter GPS (Map 1222/1242 Touch) and radar system, propane sniffer, and batteries for this season. She is also equipped with a hard-bottomed dingy with Lehr propane powered outboard! She's a superb value and ready for you to sail away for the rest of our 2020 boating season!
- Portland, ME, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 35 ft - 10.67 meter
- 35 ft 9 in - 10.9 meter
- 9 ft 6 in - 2.9 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Volvo Penta
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 43 (Individual), 43 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 35 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 70 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 15 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Measurements- Cruising Speed: 6.5 kn, Max Speed: 7.75 kn, LOA: 35 ft 9 in, Beam: 9 ft 6 in, Fuel Tanks #: 1, Fuel Tanks Capacity: 35 gal, Fresh Water Tanks #: 1, Fresh Water Tanks Capacity: 70 gal, Holding Tanks #: 1, Holding Tank Capacity: 15 gal, Holding Tanks Material: Other Number of Heads: 1
Propulsion-Engine #1, Engine Make: Volvo Penta, Location: Center Engine Year: 1988, Power: 43 hp
Electronics, • Depthsounder • Radar • Plotter • Autopilot • Compass • GPS • VHF
Sails• Fully Battened Mainsail • Spinnaker • Furling Genoa
Rigging• Steering Wheel
Inside Equipment• Electric Bilge Pump • Manual Bilge Pump • Refrigerator
Electrical Equipment• Shore Power Inlet
Outside Equipment/Extras• Tender • Cockpit Cushions • Cockpit Table • Swimming Ladder
Covers• Mainsail Cover • Lazyjacks
HINCKELY 35 PILOT:
'Whimsey' is #101 of 125 Hinckely Pilot 35's built. Solid fiberglass hull and deck with flag blue Awlgrip finish on both hull and decks. The brightwork was due to be re-finished during the 2019 off season; however due to Covid related shutdowns and delays that work could not be completed prior to her launch this Spring 2020. She is mechanically very strong and priced accordingly.
Expansive cockpit with Edson Pedestal steering and stainless steel binnacle guard. Plenty of space for a large sailing party if one desires. Her cockpit is home to ample sail/gear lockers to port and starboard and additional gear may be stored in the lazarette aft. Winch "pockets" P&S. Wide side decks with Awlgrip nonskid lead fore and aft. Stainless steel bow and stern rail and stanchions with single lifelines with gates P&S. Varnished teak trim including toe rails, cockpit coamings, brow on the house, and dorade boxes are all have custom canvas covers for sun protection.
Completed in late 1967 she carries a 1968 hull #. • Multiple anchor set ups • Extra PFD'ss• Life sling • Horse shoe life ring • Flare Kit • Bell • Fenders with fleece covers and Docklines • Teak boarding/swim ladder • Varnished teak cockpit table • Closed cell foam cockpit cushions • All deck canvas gear has been done in Cream and includes a dodger, mainsail cover and her hatch and dorade covers and cockpit cushions.
Under current tenure of ownership, 'Whimsey' has been thoroughly brought into the 21st century with a new Garmin chart plotter and radar, installed Spring 2020. She's also equipped with Autopilot, depth and speed monitors, a VHF, a helm-mounted compass and a all new batteries and a new propane sensor.
Her Volvo Penta was installed in '88 and is 43 hp. She is currently reading over 1,000 hours on her meter as the time this listing was made (August 2020). She has a Racor fuel filters, and bronze thru hulls and seacocks.
DIMENSIONS: Length at Waterline: 25'-00" Max Draft: 5'-00" Ballast: 4,200 Displacement: 13,500
ACCOMMODATIONS: Accommodations for four in a "Herreshoff Style" interior with varnished mahogany trim on white flat panels with a varnished teak and holly sole. There is an abundance of natural light and ventilation with nine fixed ports, two large hatches and two dorades. There is ample artificial lighting with reading lamps for her berths and above the galley and head.
Starting forward is the private stateroom with V-berth with filler. Above the berth the hull is lined with varnished "ceilings" while below the berth there is storage in drop face lockers. At the forward bulkhead there is a vented mahogany door that accesses the anchor locker which is also fitted with shelves for stowage of miscellaneous gear that is not moisture sensitive.
Aft and to port is the Head which features a manual W.C. plumbed via a Y-valve to the holding tank. At the fwd bulkhead is a stainless steel sink with H&C pressure water on a "telephone" style fixture to facilitate showering, drainage for which runs to a separate sump with electric pump out. The holding tank has been fitted with a Tank Watch level monitoring system. Storage in lockers outboard.
Next aft is the full width Main Salon which features pull out port and starboard transom berths/ settees. There is storage below both berths in drop face lockers, behind the seat backs in large drop face lockers, and above the berths in deep full length shelves. Dining is from a varnished mahogany table that conveniently stows against the forward bulkhead when not in use. At the forward port bulkhead there are two book shelves. Forward of the starboard berth are two large hanging lockers.
The Galley is full-width and U-shaped aft in the Main Cabin, splitting either side of the companion way. She's bright with white formica counter tops and teak trim. To port she is fitted with a Gimballed alcohol three burner stainless steel stove with oven, with a matching formica stove cover that provides additional workspace when stove is not in use. There is storage above and below the stove with vented sliding mahogany doors to locker storage outboard above and additional drawer storage under stove. Aft there's a single basin stainless steel sink with single handle fixture with hot and cold pressure water and hand pump for fresh water. To starboard, a counter top hatch is opened to access a 7.5 cubic feet stainless steel icebox, fitted with a refrigeration system, and with teak grate and shelf. Above is another vented, sliding mahogany locker for additional storage.
Mounted to the aft bulkhead is the propane monitor and control unit and sniffer, a double 110v outlet, 12v and 11v breaker panel with selector switch and hot water switch. 12v lights flood the galley countertop with light. The cabin sole includes a dustpan with teak grate. And the aft lower bulkhead and counter top remove to reveal easy access to mechanical systems.
The yacht is wired for both 12 Volt DC and 110 volt AC service: All standing rigging and electronics are grounded to the keel by means of heavy copper strapping.
• Bass electrical distribution AC-DC breaker panel (1989)• Switch panel with breakers • Volt meter • 2 Group 31 AGM Batteries w/ selector switch • Alternator: 80-amp engine alternator charges batteries • 110 Volt AC • Switch panel with breakers • 30 amp shore power connection aft • 50' 30 map shore power cord • Outlet: GFI 110V • Water heater (also eng. supplied)
1988 Volvo 2003T turbo 43-hp 3-cylinder fwc diesel engine:
• Stainless steel shaft w/cutters • 3-blade 16" x 11" LH fixed bronze propeller • Racor fuel filter • Morse engine controls at helm - with throttle and forward/reverse • Engine alarms • Fuel pump (2011) • Fuel manifold and fuel hoses (2008) • Saltwater intake seacock on engine • Engine compartment blower • Automatic fire extinguishing system for engine compartment • 6-gallon stainless steel hot water heater • Par water pressure pump • Par sump pump • Automatic electric bilge pump with manual override • (2) Whale hand operated bilge pumps - cockpit and main cabin with extended handle. • Fuel: 30-gal tank (1993) - Electric fuel boost pump and remote gauge in main cabin• Fresh Water: 70-gallons total in two (2) stainless steel water tanks (Main tank new 1999). • Holding Tank: with tank watch gauge and electric macerator pump with deck pumpout.
ON DECK: SAILS AND RIGGING:
Hinckley fabricated aluminum spars -White Awlgripped- Deck stepped single spreader aluminum mast with spruce spreaders (1994)
• Main sail - Full batten with cover, North (1998) - Dutchman system on main • Harken Roller Furling headsail: 90% Working Jib • 120% Genoa - Dacron, Halsey (1996) • 135% Tri-radial Genoa - with foam luff and sun shield - Halsey (1991) • Spinnaker: MPS - with sock - Bohndell • Hall Quickvang • Adjustable gGenoa cars: Hinckley custom low profile Genoa blocks • Harken mainsheet & traveler, mounted aft of helm • Stainless steel 1 x 19 wire standing rigging to swagged terminals and turnbuckle tensioners, replaced prior to 2007 • Varnished teak shroud rigging rollers • Masthead tri-color light with anchor light and strobe • Twin spreader lights • Forespar lightning protector • Spotlight • Radar reflector • Dock lines • Fenders with covers • Boat hook • Varnished teak stern staff and ensign • WINCHES: ◦ (2) #27 ST Primaries: Self-tailing chrome, Barient◦ Main halyard winch - Self-tailing chrome, Barient ◦ Jib halyard winch - Self-tailing chrome, Barient ◦ Barient winch handles • Folding varnished mahogany boarding Ladder in custom canvas pouch • 10# LPG aluminum tank • Flare kit
• Anchor roller (2008) • 35# CQR anchor with 200' rode and chain lead • 15# Danforth anchor with rode • 20 HT Danforth NAVIGATION: • A chart locker is mounted above the counter top in galley
Default Disclaimer The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.