1984 Lyman-Morse Cat Ketch
Yacht price :
The "ACADIA (reserved)"
Acadia has done it all, and is ready for a new owner to continue the adventure.
If one looks at her gorgeous bright work, flawless Awl grip(deck and hull), new cushions and new interior varnish, expansive galley and massive refrigeration with all control lines led to the cockpit, you may conclude that she is an elegant cruiser, blessed with Lyman Morse craftsmanship throughout. Cruise the Caribbean, with just a couple as crew.....go for it! Acadia has taken her owner from Newfoundland to Trinidad as well as the Western Caribbean in style and comfort.
If one concentrates on the simple cat ketch rig with all major controls handled by electric winch or hydraulics, you might conclude she's a serious shorthanded daysailer.
If one considers her race record with wins St Pete to Isla Majueres (5X), Gulfport to Pensacola, Marblehead to Halifax (3X), Marion Bermuda, NYYC Cruise, and Block Island Race Week one would conclude she's a blue water boat with an impressive turn of speed.
The best thing is that all of these conclusions are correct! What ever your objective, ACADIA will serve you well and will wow you upon inspection.
- Cat Ketch
- Hilton Head, SC, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Racer and Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 49 ft - 14.94 meter
- 49 ft - 14.94 meter
- 14 ft 3 in - 4.34 meter
- Draft - max:
- 6 ft 8 in - 2.03 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- 8 MPH - 6.95 KTS
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Direct Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 55 (Individual), 55 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 9 MPH - 7.82 KTS
- Fuel Tank:
- 210 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 400 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 28 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Measurements- Cruising Speed: 7 kn Max Speed: 8 kn LOA: 49 ft LWL: 39 ft Beam: 14 ft 3 in Max Draft: 6 ft 8 in Cabin Headroom: 6 ft 6 in Displacement: 34000 lb Fuel Tanks #: 2 Fuel Tanks Capacity: 210 gal Fuel Tanks Material: GRP Fresh Water Tanks #: 2 Fresh Water Tanks Capacity: 400 gal Fresh Water Tanks Material: Aluminum Holding Tanks #: 1 Holding Tank Capacity: 28 gal Holding Tanks Material: Plastic Number of single berths: 1 Number of double berths: 3 Number of Cabins: 3 Number of Heads: 1
Propulsion- Engine #1, Engine Make: Volvo Engine Model: D2-55 Primary Engines: Inboard Drive Type: Direct Drive Engine Year: 2008 Power: 55 hp Propeller Type: 2 Blade
Accommodations- A wonderfully bright and airly interior finished "Herreshoff Style" below decks with varnished Mahogany trim on white flat panels while the Salon is finished in a warm varnished Butternut. The Salon was reworked as part of the 06/07 refit and the settee is new and helm station joiner work is new. Tons of natural light and ventilation with ten opening ports, three large hatches and several large wheelhouse windows, many of them sliders with screens as well as the aft companionway and P&S side doors. Generous artificial light with reading lamps at all settees and berths and numerous dome style lamps and decor lamps. When the weather is too warm or cold, her reverse cycle (heat & cool) units keep the interior at a comfortable temperature.
Layout - Spacious forward stateroom with 6'8" vee berth with filler, below which there is storage in drawers and above which the hull is lined with varnished Butternut ceilings and then a full length storage shelf P&S. There is a large hanging locker aft and to port while opposite to starboard is a bureau with drawers.
Next aft on port is an enclosed head with a dutch tiled sole, Vacuflush head and separate shower stall. A large vanity with sink provides an abundance of storage.
Aft to port is a unique cabin "dual purpose" can easily accommodate another single sleeping berth for children, guest or a captain, again with plenty of storage in hanging locker and other lockers. This can easily be converted to an office should one so choose. The berth is desk height top and there is a built in knee well so that one can comfortably sit there.
Across from the head and office cabin is a large elongated U- shaped Galley featuring expansive Corian counters with double basin stainless steel sink with superb storage in numerous lockers and drawers. Equally abundant storage for chilled food stuffs with two front loading refrigeration boxes and a top loading freezer while cooking is handled on a Force 10 3 burner CNG stove with oven while re-heats are handled in a GE Microwave.
Up three steps to the wheelhouse/main salon. As you rise, the electrical panel is on the port side and you enter into a spacious saloon and wheel house that is exquisitely finished in Butternut. The lower helm station is on starboard with the large nav station across on port with loads of storage under including a chart drawer and ice maker. The custom dinette includes a drop down table in the L-shaped settee that converts to a double berth. Engine access hatches allow access under the main salon. Sliding doors both port and starboard allow for easy deck access. Next aft in the main salon, on starboard, is a stairway to the boat deck with steadying sail and bridge access. To the right of the stairway is companionway access to the aft stateroom.
The Aft State Room features storage and hanging lockers outboard on starboard with ensuite head with vacuflush toilet and shower across on port. Next is a single berth with drawers under and a night stand with drawers that is next to the companionway stairs. These stairs lead to the aft cockpit. Opposite to this is a large double berth with storage drawers under.
The aft cockpit sports seating, both port and starboard, with a transom door that opens on to a teak swim platform. Access to the bridge is easily attained with steps up from the salon to the aft deck and then again from the aft house top to the flying bridge. The bridge is large, well enclosed with ample seating and great for social gatherings featuring a custom console for helm and electronics, aft of which are a helm and companion seat and forward of which is a bench seat which will comfortably seat four or more.
• Main saloon settee new '08 • Berber carpeting '2/7 • Vacu-flush heads (2) 2008 • Raritan Icemaker 2016 • Hot & cold pressure water • Seagull IV X-6 large capacity water filtration system 2008 • 3 zone Reverse cycle air conditioning all new 2016 • Ice maker 2016 • 2 nicro solar vents • New Textaline wheelhouse window covers 2016 • New LED lighting in Salon 2016
Electronics - The helm station were fully refitted in in 2016 and the yacht is well equipped for coastal and near offshore cruising.
Lower Helm: • GPS-Furuno RD-30 • Furuno NavNet TZ2 touch screen chart plotter/radar 2016 • 19" 4 kw Furuno digital radar scanner 2106 • 2 Furuno Multi function displays 2016 • Icom M-304 VHF 2016 • Full Function AIS 2106 • Auto Nav-1500 Auto Pilot 2017 • Shipwright Inc. (10 HP) bow thruster controls• Danforth 4" Freedom compass • Bennett Trim Tabs 2016 • Carlisle & Finch 1 M candle power search light 2016 • Dual trumpet air horn • New Stidd Seat 2016 • New Teak Edson steering wheel 2016 • 3 double pantograph windshield wipers a lower station 2016
Flying Bridge: • Furuno TZ 12 touch screen color radar plotter 2017 • 2 Furuno Multi function displays (speed/depth/temp) 2017 • Auto Nav-1500 Autopilot 2008 • Furuno RD 30 GPS • B&G Wind Point & Speed • Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF • Shipwrights Inc 10 hp bow thruster controls • Danforth 6" Constellation compass • Carlisle & Finch Searchlight 2016 • Bennett Trim Tabs 2016 • Garlick Helm & Companion seats 2016
Electrical Wired for both 12 Volt DC and 110 Volt AC service. Extensive re-wiring was done as part of the 06/07 refit including all wiring in the engine room. A new '08 Westerbeke Genset handles the 110 Volt duty when off the dock. • Interior lighting new and upgraded '08
12 Volt DC • Switch panel with breakers 2008 • Volt & Amp meters
• Balmar 110 Amp alternator with external regulator • Group 31 Genset Battery '16 • 3 8-D Lifeline AGM house/inverter batteries '16 • 4-D engine start battery '16
110 Volt AC • Switch panel with breakers 2008 • Volt & Amp meters • 12kw Westerbeke genset '08 showing 987 hours as of date of listing • Mastervolt-Masterlink Mass combi charger/inverter 12/2000 '08 • Outlets • Water heater (also engine supplied) 2016 • 2 battery chargers '06 for house, engine & generator batteries
Mechanical - New 2008 Yanmar fresh water cooled 655 HP diesel turns a 5 bladed propeller on a 2.5" stainless shaft through a ZF 2:1 reduction gear. (Shows 1105 hours as of 9/7/17) with 1000 hour servicing done 2016.
• Wagner hydraulic steering overhauled and rebuilt 2016 • Reverso oil change system • Fireboy engine compartment fire suppression • Dual Racor filters '16 • New Seafrost refrigerator compressors '08 • New engine space blowers '08 • 25 gal holding tank fwd w/macerator all new 2016 • 15 gal holding tank aft w/macerator all new 2016 • Seafrost 110 Volt refrigeration 3 boxes 2008 • Shipwrights Inc. twin prop hydraulic bow thruster full servicing 2016 • Fuel polished and fuel tanks cleaned 3/18 • Shaft pulled and inspected, propeller reconditioned to be re-installed• All new waste system plumbing '16 • 2 Reverse cycle air conditioning units 12, & 12 KBTU"s ea new 2016 • 1 Reverse cycle air conditioning unit 16 KBTU's 2019 • Wagner rudder angle indicator • Aft Macerator pump new 2016 • 2 electric bilge pumps new 2016 • 1 Manual bilge pump rebuilt 2016 • New shower sump pumps 2016
From owner observation: 30% load 8-8.5 knots 5 GPH 50% load 10.5-11 knots 10 GPH 80% load 15.5-16.0 knots 25 GPH Most of the owners operation has been in the 50-60% engine load rating at 10.5 - 12 knots.
Hull & Deck - ACADIA had a complete exterior refit in 2016 at a premier new England yard including all new ports, windows and hatches and complete Awlgripping from the boot stripe to the flying bridge!
Ease of moving fore and aft is a well thought out feature on her side decks. A companionway on the aft cabin house allows access to main cabin as well as sliding doors both port and starboard. Also access to the bridge is gained via a three step ladder on the port side from the top of the aft cabin house. A separate entrance from the cockpit goes directly to the aft stateroom. The bridge sports a helm and pilot seat with guest seating forward of the helm. Extra storage under upper helm station and forward seating. Storage also under aft seats on the bridge.
• All exterior varnish work stripped and refinished in 2016 wither 10+ coats of Epifanes Spar Varnish • All new custom painted Bowman wheel house windows 2016 • All new stainless Newfound Metals ports with screens 2016 • All new stainless steel Manship hatches 2016• As part of the complete exterior Awlgripping ALL hardware was removed and rebedded • New stainless grabrails 2016 replacing the higher maint. original teak ones • New name boards • Spray rails added 2016 • All new Nav. Lights 2016 • Bow pulpit w/burgee flag staff • Dual anchor rollers • Maxwell/Nilsson 12 Volt windlass with chain & rope drums • 73lb Rocna Anchor with app 200' of chain & rode new 2016 • High pressure deck wash down system • Large gear stowage lockers on forward end of cabin house • Anchor 45# CQR w/rope & chain secondary anchor • Anchor Fortress FX-37 w/rope & chain • Double lifelines new 2016 • 2 opening deck hatches • Varnished toe rail, handrails and eyebrow • Full bridge enclosure with great visibility '016• Canvas covers for all doors 2016 • Deck chock mounts for inflatable RIB • Cockpit seating aft with new cushions 2016 • Transom door • Teak swim platform • Swim boarding ladder • Barient Self Tailing winch for managing stern lines if necessary • Brig Falcon F-300 tender with 20 HP Honda 4 stroke with just app. 10 hours of use 2016 • 4 fenders with covers and 6 braided dock lines • Life ring, Flare Kit, 4 portable fire extinguishers, Bell • Aluminum mast and boom mounted on aft cabinhouse with steadying sail. The boom can be employed to easily hoist or launch the dinghy: Simpson Lawrence 12 volt electric winch, Spinlock rope clutches, Barient 27 CST manual winch
Additional - The Jarvis Newman 46, from the boards of Naval Architects Royal Lowell and Elliot Spaulding is a timeless design. The very efficient use of space in this particular yacht, which was finished out by Lyman Morse, provides for not only three comfortable staterooms but also a tremendous amount of storage making her an exceptional cruising yacht.
ACADIA enjoyed an extensive refit of over $200,000 including new engine, Genset, extensive re-wiring, extensive interior refinishing and other work in 2008. Under current ownership extensive further refit work was done in 2008 well in excess of $235,000 including Awl grip from the boot stripe to flying bridge, all new electronics, all new ports, hatches and windows; all new pumps and air conditioning equipment along with many other items. A few relatively minor cosmetic items can be done but all of the high expense refit work is completed. This should be a very economical yacht to own for many years. A comfortable vessel, she will be a compelling value to those looking for a handsome unique single screw trawler.
Her low over all bridge clearance height makes her a good contender as a "loop" boat with just 12'-6" from waterline to the top of the wind screen on the flying bridge and 22'-0" to the top of the VHF antenna on the mast. The mast is hinged and is currently tall enough that it may be possible to cut it down and re-locate the VHF whip to get the max height mast up to 19' or less. The bimini height is between 17 and 18'.
(The life raft seen in photos is on loan to the current owner and is excluded)
Default Disclaimer - The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.