1984 Wilbur Yachts Wilbur 38
Yacht price :
Major Price Improvement February 2021!
ARGONAUT underwent an extensive refit in 2015/2016, which was managed by the owner who is an accomplished yacht captain. His experience managing numerous refits/new builds on boats 100'+ certainly shows in this beautiful yacht. Every upgrade, change or detail was carefully researched to ensure it added to the overall ambiance and livability. She has also been consistently updated and improved since then. The finished product is a better than new Wilbur 38 and a showing will not disappoint. ARGONAUT is in bristol condition with many recent updates, she's ready to cruise right away.
ARGONAUT is in indoor storage in Bristol, MA for the winter and available to be seen by appointment.
- Wilbur Yachts
- Wilbur 38
- Somerset, MA, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Argonaut-name reserved
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 38 ft - 11.58 meter
- 38 ft - 11.58 meter
- 13 ft - 3.96 meter
- Draft - max:
- 4 ft - 1.22 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- 3116 Turbo
- Cruise Speed:
- 12 MPH - 10.43 KTS
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Direct Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 300 (Individual), 600 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 14 MPH - 12.17 KTS
- Fuel Tank:
- 450 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 150 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Cruising Speed: 12 kn, LOA: 38 ft, Beam: 13 ft, Max Draft: 4 ft, Displacement: 28000 lb, Fuel Tanks Capacity: 450 gal, Fresh Water Tanks Capacity: 150 gal, Number of single berths: 2, Number of double berths: 1, Number of Cabins: 2, Number of Heads: 1
Engine#1, Engine Make: Cat, Engine Model: 3116 Turbo Diesel, Primary Engines: Inboard, Drive Type: Direct Drive, Location: Port, Hours: 3183, Power: 300 hp, Propeller Type: 4 Blade, Propeller Material: Bronze, Rope Cutter: Yes
Engine#2-Engine Make: Cat, Hours: 3038, Power: 300 hp,Engine Model: 3116, Turbo Diesel, Primary Engines: Inboard, Drive Type: Direct Drive, Location: Starboard, Propeller Type: 4 Blade, Propeller Material: Bronze, Rope Cutter: Yes
Recent Upgrades Bottom paint, exterior brightwork and wax/polish exterior and stainless have been done on a regular schedule to yacht standards. Boat has been indoor stored in the winters and never been South under the current ownership.
2020 • Marine Air air conditioning compressor and air handler in master cabin • 2" Custom mattress topper in master • Wilbur name plates refinished
2019 • New flat screen smart TVs with Apple TV in both the guest and master cabins • New stamoid bimini top • Simrad tridata display
2018 • Simrad 9" touchscreen multifunction display w/ navpod on flybridge helm • Simrad 9" touchscreen multifunction display w/ custom teak base at lower helm • Simrad Broadband 24" enclosed array radar • iCom M330 VHF Radio on Flybridge • Replaced house batteries - AGM
2016/2017 • Fair, prep and paint topsides, superstructure and non-skid with AwlGrip • Sea Frost refrigeration unit with holding plates, air and water cooled • Redesigned and rebuilt salon seating and all new soft goods and headliner • Stainless steel galley countertop and sink • LED lights throughout• Lofrans anchor windlass with Ultra stainless steel anchor
2015 • Major engine service completed in 2015 (cliff notes version below) • Aftercoolers, heat exchangers, and gear coolers all removed from boat, acid washed and pressure tested. • All new cushy float engine mounts • New engine thermostats • Chafe protection added to all necessary engine hoses • Adjust valve clearances • Adjust injector height and timing • Coolant flush and re-fill • Repair Glendinning synchronizer
• All exterior surfaces were faired, primed and painted with AwlGrip products as a part of the 2015/2016 refit. • Flag Blue AwlGrip hull NEW 2016 • Red and white double boot stripe NEW 2016 • Green antifouling bottom paint • Painted superstructure AwlGrip Matterhorn white NEW 2016 • Painted nonskid AwlGrip Moondust NEW 2016 • All exterior teak (except toe rails) was replaced NEW in 2016 • All exterior teak was stripped bare and varnished high-gloss with 12 coats • Stainless steel handrails • Stainless steel fairleads, chocks and cleats • Lofrans anchor windlass NEW 2016 • Ultra 60lb stainless steel anchor with chain, rode and swivel NEW 2016 • 6-man life raft in canister • (2) spare propellers with prop speed • (2) throw rings • (3) fenders• (4) dock lines
The cockpit onboard ARGONAUT is ideal for entertaining. A large AC/DC refrigerator is located under the large counterspace to starboard with storage cabinets above and outboard. To port is a similar storage arrangement. Aft is a beautiful, highly varnished teak bench seat with cushions. • Rebuilt all varnished teak cabinetry NEW 2016 • AC/DC refrigerator to starboard NEW 2016 • Teak cockpit sole- RE-FINISHED 2016 • Teak Aft bench seat- NEW 2016 • Teak boarding step- RE-FINISHED 2016
Laid out for maximum comfort, the L-shaped settee was completely rebuilt and raised 6” so you can enjoy the panoramic views and a custom inlaid teak table makes this one of the several natural gathering places on board the boat. New LED lights, planked headliner and a completely refinished interior gives ARGONAUT a fresh new look. Forward of the settee is the helm. ARGONAUT is equipped with modern technology like a KVH sat TV, WIFI booster, and on board 4G internet. A Samsung flat screen TV is neatly mounted on the aft bulkhead and the Bose speakers are connected to the stereo and TV. Forward of the galley is a chart table with storage.
• Rebuilt L-shaped settee to starboard REBUILT 2016 • Settee cushions NEW 2016 • LED lighting NEW 2016 • Beadboard headliner NEW 2016 • Samsung Flat-screen TV NEW 2016 • KVH satellite TV system NEW 2016 • Wave WIFI booster NEW 2016 • On board 4G wireless hub NEW 2016 • Clarion Stereo connected to Bose speakers and SAT XM radio NEW 2016 • Refinished cabin sole NEW 2016 • Curtains NEW 2016• Screen door in companionway NEW screen 2016
The GALLEY has been completely redesigned with a stainless steel countertop, extra deep stainless sink with new fixtures, top access ice box, and propane oven with 3-burner stove top. There is ample storage in (3) drawers and (3) cabinets.
• Stainless steel counter top NEW 2016 • Stainless steel sink NEW 2016 • Princess 3-burner propane stove/oven • Ice box with top access
• Garmin GPSmap 192C multifunction chartplotter • Simrad touchscreen multifunction display with varnished teak swivel mount NEW 2018 • Simrad Autopilot • Uniden UM525 VHF radio • Raymarine ST40 BiData • Ritchie compass • Bennett trim tab control • Glendenning synchronizer • LED running lights NEW 2016 • Fireboy fire extinguisher • Guest spotlight with upper and lower controls NEW 2016 • (3) windshield wipers • (4) bilge pumps • Horn • (2) Captain teak folding helm chairs
• AwlGrip Painted non-skid deck (Moondust) and superstructure NEW 2016 • Stripped and re-varnished teak NEW 2016 • Custom teak helm chair NEW 2016• Seat cushions NEW 2016 • Seating for 5 with additional open space for deck or sun chairs • Redesigned and refinished mast to accommodate all new electronic equipment onboard NEW 2016 • LED spreader lights NEW 2016 • Mast pivots down to reduce air draft • Bimini with stainless steel bows NEW 2019
Flybridge Helm • Simrad 9" touchscreen multifunction chartplotter with navpod NEW 2018 • Simrad autopilot • Simrad 24" enclosed array broadband radar NEW 2018 • Bennett trim tab control • Guest Spotlight control NEW 2016 • Compass • Clarion stereo control w/ Bose speakers • Fireboy fire suppression control • (3) teak cup holders • 110v outlet
The Master was completely refinished in 2016 with a new bead board headliner, new V-berth cushions with ultra suede covers, new stainless steel opening window ports, and LED lighting. All woodwork was refinished with high gloss varnish and satin varnished cabin sole. The master has a dedicated reverse cycle A/C unit which can cool or heat the cabin. Storage if plentiful from (9) drawers and an oversized hanging locker with LED lights that illuminate when opened. • All hardwood refinished- NEW 2016 • Stainless window ports- NEW 2016 • Custom V-berth cushions- NEW 2016 • Opening hatch- NEW 2016• LED lighting- NEW 2016 • Bead board headliner- NEW 2016 • LG Flat screen TV with Apple TV NEW 2020 • Reverse Cycle A/C unit- Upgraded with new controller and all new vents
The guest stateroom is located to port, and features a space saving pocket privacy door. Two single over-under berths are outboard with drawer storage underneath the bottom bunk, hanging locker after and hamper just inboard for storage. Two new stainless steel opening window ports and a Bomar overhead hatch proves plenty of natural light into the cabin. New LED light fixtures, bead board headliner, and freshly high gloss varnished woodwork adds warmth can comfort for your guests.
• Custom cushions for upper and lower berths- NEW 2016 • Custom sheets for upper and lower berths- NEW 2016 • All hardwood refinished- NEW 2016 • Bead board headliner- NEW 2016 • LED lighting- NEW 2016 • Stainless window ports- NEW 2016 • Bomar overhead hatch- NEW 2016 • LG Flat screen TV with Apple TV NEW 2020
Like the rest of the boat, the HEAD has been completely refinished and upgraded. All surfaces of the head were evenly faired smooth and refinished. Upgrades include a new fresh water electric marine toilet, stainless steel opening window ports, fan, LED light fixtures, faucet and teak grates varnished high gloss. The separate shower stall has also been completely refinished and is a real pleasure to have when cruising.
• Headhunter marine electric toilet- NEW 2016 • Stainless opening window ports- NEW 2016 • LED lighting- NEW 2016 • Sink vanity- NEW faucet 2016 • High-gloss varnished teak grates- NEW 2016 • Grohe shower head- NEW 2016
Engines and Mechanical
• Twin 300hp CAT 3116 turbo diesel turning 4 bladed 25”X19” Nibral props with 1 ½” shafts. • ZF transmissions • Dripless shaft seals • Dual racor primary fuel filters for both engines • All new stainless diamond plate in engine room • Engine room lights • Completed full major cooler service in 2015 in Gloucester, MA. All coolers and exchangers removed from the boat, acid washed, cleaned, pressure tested and reinstalled.
• Westerbeke 11 kW diesel generator with 2296 hours • (2) 30A shore power inlets • (2) Reverse cycle A/C units- NEW control head units and ducting • Fiberglass battery boxes NEW 2016 • (2) AGM House batteries • (2) AGM Engine start batteries • (1) AGM generator start battery • (2) Xantrex battery chargers • All battery wiring reworked and organized NEW 2015 • 12v DC distribution panel • 120V AC distribution panel • GFI protected outlets throughout NEW 2016
• The name Argonaut is reserved • Any personal items, gear, galley ware or tools seen onboard are at the discretion of the seller
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.