1993 Custom Hunt Raised Pilothouse
Yacht price :
ARGENT has enjoyed a storied history of ownership since her inception. Custom designed and built originally as WIDE WATERS for an experienced and knowledgeable West Coast/ Newport Beach Yachtsman. His design brief was for a serious capable offshore and coastal cruising yacht that could carry him with speed to Alaska or Mexico where he could enjoy his surroundings at much more leisurely speeds. He choose the renown firm of C. Raymond Hunt Associates for their expertise in creating very sea worthy boats capable of handling rough water. Her feel is of the space of a much larger yacht.
Current ownership purchased the ARGENT 18 years ago bringing it by ship to the East Coast. For the last 7 winters it has remained in inside heated storage with only summer use. Strength and systems, as found on larger yachts, were paramount with a no nonsense look only betrayed by a warm and beautifully crafted teak interior. Annual upgrades and improvements are always part of the owner’s program. In keeping with that commitment, during the winter of 2019, the main engines were replaced with 1135 hp Caterpillar C 18’s and all new running gear and props.
For anyone looking for a serious cruising yacht, ARGENT should be on your list.
- Hunt Raised Pilothouse
- Belfast, ME, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 70 ft - 21.34 meter
- 70 ft - 21.34 meter
- 18 ft 8 in - 5.69 meter
- Draft - max:
- 5 ft 6 in - 1.68 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- C 18
- Cruise Speed:
- 20 MPH - 17.38 KTS
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Direct Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 1135 (Individual), 2270 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 23 MPH - 19.99 KTS
- Fuel Tank:
- 2000 gallons - 4 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 400 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 400 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Cruising Speed: 20 kn, Max Speed: 26 kn, LOA: 70 ft, LWL: 62 ft 1 in, Beam: 18 ft 8 in, Max Bridge Clearance: 30 ft 6 in, Max Draft: 5 ft 6 in, Displacement: 100000 lb, Fuel Tanks #: 4, Fuel Tanks Capacity: 2000 gal, Fuel Tanks Material: Aluminum, Fresh Water Tanks #: 2, Fresh Water Tanks Capacity: 400 gal, Fresh Water Tanks Material: Stainless Steel, Holding Tanks #: 2, Holding Tank Capacity: 400 gal, Holding Tanks Material: Aluminum, Number of Heads: 3
Engine #1, Engine Make: Caterpillar, Engine Year: 2019, Engine Model: C 18, Primary Engines: Inboard, Drive Type: Direct Drive, Location: Port, Hours: 28, Power: 1135 hp, Propeller Type: 5 Blade, Rope Cutter: Yes Engine #2, Engine Make: Caterpillar, Engine, Year: 2019, Hours: 28, Power: 1135 hp, Propeller Type: 5 Blade, Rope Cutter: Yes
One of ARGENT's most noticeable attributes is the feel of a much larger boat inside and out. All her spaces are roomy and generous in size whether it be the main saloon, full beam master stateroom, flybridge/boat deck or engine compartment with full standing head room.
Accommodations provided for six in three separate staterooms each with their own ensuite head and stall showers.
Forward of the galley with exceptional visibility and full array of navigational instrumentation. The primary navigation station with chart drawers is to starboard of the helm with a second navigation/communications area aft to port. Aft of the helm is the pilothouse settee with drawer beneath and table. A top loading, holding plate freezer is beneath the settee. Sliding doors with drop down windows, port and starboard, open to the side decks. From the pilothouse a stairway leads below to three staterooms.
Located on the main deck is spacious and enjoys exceptional natural light. To starboard aft is a forward facing L- shaped settee with a Hi/Lo dining table and an additional side table, which can connect to enlarge the dinning table. Forward is cabinetry housing among other things the entertainment equipment and a beautiful Luke fireplace. Two matching chairs to port with table/bureau between. A generous wet bar with ice maker sits in the aft port corner. Up three steps and forward is the on deck galley over looking the saloon.
Behind the settee is an opening window and double doors open to the generous aft deck.
Up three steps from the main saloon. Counter tops are Corian and with cabinets finished in oiled teak. There Is a large pantry to port, which adjoins an interior stairway leading to the flybridge. Outboard port and starboard windows are opening.
• Stove - 4 burner propane w/oven • Exhaust hood w/12 vdc variable speed fan • Refrigerator - custom built with compressor in engine room • Sink - stainless steel • Microwave - Sharp Carousel • Freezer- beneath pilot house settee • Trash compactor
The ability to Just Walk Out at deck level through double doors from the main saloon is a wonderful feature and combines the two areas. It is a spacious expanse protected by bulwarks on three sides and wing doors forward port and starboard with accessibility from the stern platform and side decks. Engine room access is forward to starboard and flybridge access forward to port. The area is large and generous to be arranged and furnished in any way desirable by an owner.
Master Stateroom- The Master Stateroom is full beam midship with twin beds. Aft to starboard is the walkin, cedar lined closet with drawers and hanging space. There is direct engine room access, through a water tight door aft from the closet. A vanity/desk is forward to port and settee opposite to starboard. Large amounts of drawer and locker space throughout the cabin. Port and starboard, two opening ports each side, provide light and ventilation.
The ensuite master head is nicely appointed with Corian counters, large stall shower and head and an opening port for ventilation.
Two guest staterooms forward each with their own ensuite separate head and stall shower with direct access.
Forward stateroom has V berths and access to the anchor locker through the aluminum bulkhead. There is ladder access to the overhead hatch and foredeck, if being used for crew quarters it allows owner and guest privacy. Light and ventilation from hull opening ports and the overhead hatch. Head aft to port also has an opening port.
The second Guest Stateroom is just aft to starboard with twin berths, drawers beneath, and hanging locker forward. Two opening ports add light and ventilation. Direct access to the head is forward and it too has its own opening port.
Flybridge & Boat Deck- Accessed by either an interior stairway adjacent to the pilothouse and galley or ladder from the aft deck. There are twin helm seats and bench seating forward with a fixed aluminum hardtop providing shelter from the elements. The Boat Deck, two steps aft, has an aft facing L- shaped settee forward to starboard and grill center with storage to port. The tender is launched with a custom electric davit. A most useful feature is the additional steering station located at the aft port corner of the boat deck.
Aft Docking Station
• Caterpillar engine controls • Wagner steering station • Simrad autopilot • Bow thruster control
Construction - Hull, Deck & Tanks-
• Awlgrip Dark Green hull with Off White superstructure • Welded Aluminum Hull – 3/8" bottom and 1/4” shell plating on sides • Deck and Cabin - welded 3/16" aluminum plate • Transverse Frames - flanged angle 7 1/2" x 2” x 1/4”, 30” to 40" on center • Longitudinal Frames - 3” x 1.5" T-bars, approximately 12" on center • Keel - ½” x 8" flat bar • Custom stainless rails and stanchions integrated with bow pulpit • Cockpit deck is laid teak • Exterior Trim and Fittings -varnished teak and painted aluminum • Aluminum swim platform • Fuel – 2,000 gallons in 4 integral aluminum tanks, 2 x 550 & 2 x 450 • Water – 400 gallons in 2 stainless tanks• Grey Water – 200 gallons in 1 integral aluminum tank • Black Water – 200 gallons in 1 integral aluminum • Lube Oil – 20 gallon stainless tank aft of starboard engine • Waste Oil – 20 gallon stainless tank aft of port engine
Engine & Mechanical-
• Caterpillar C-18, 1,135 hp engines, new winter 2019 • Cat Color Engine Displays – helm, flybridge & engine room • Caterpillar throttle/gear controls 2019 • Shafts – 3” Aquamet 22 HS stainless 2019 • Stuffing Box - Tides Marine dripless • Propellers - 5 blades Nibral • Propellers - 2 spare sets, 4 blades, need modification for current engines • Line Cutters - Spurs • Rudder Post - 2 ¾” stainless • Rudder - stainless spade • Engine Exhaust – Soundown custom designed, 2019, raw water cooled fiberglass mufflers direct overboard via hull bottom w/water line bypass • Fuel Piping - aluminum and stainless with transfer pump • Fuel Filters - dual Racor each engine • Ventilation - 2,635 CFM exhaust blowers port & starboard • Trim Tabs – Bennett dual station • Emergency Bilge Pump - using diverter valve for either main engine • Steering - powered, 3 stations • Bow Thruster – Keypower 30 hp hydraulic proportional control, 3 station control • Stabilizers - Naiad hydraulic • Hot Water - Torrid 30 gallon heater 120 vac & engine driven • Pressure Water - Groco 12v, 10 gpm • SeaLand VacuFlush head system • Water Maker - Sea Recovery 1800 gals/day • Heating - Websato Diesel hot water system w/individual thermostats• Air Conditioning – Lunaire, main deck only • Bilge Pumps – 7 Rule 3700 gph • High water alarm system in all bilge spaces • Manual Pump - Portable diaphragm pump • High Water Bilge Alarms - all compartments • Engine room work bench w/built-in tool chest, tools & large vise
Electrical- Ships electrical system is 120/240 volt AC and 12/24 volt DC provided by either of the yachts 2 generators, shore power and onboard batteries with an inverter/charger
• AC Panel for generators, shore power or inverter supply • DC Panels – pilot house and engine room • Generator - Northern Lights 20 kw, 390 hours since major overhaul • Generator - Northern Lights 8 kw, 6140 hours • Inverter/battery charger - Mastervolt 2500 watt • Maretron central alarm panel for all ships systems in pilothouse • Battery charger dedicated to house battery banks • Battery charger dedicated to engine start batteries • Battery charger dedicated to generator battery • Batteries - 2 banks of 12volt for house • Batteries - engine start 24 volt • Batteries - generator starting, 1 for each genset • 240 volt 10 kW isolation transformer • 120 volt 5 kW isolation transformer • Hull bonding system
Ships electrical system is 120/240 volt AC and 12/24 volt DC provided by either of the yachts 2 generators, shore power and onboard batteries with an inverter/charger • AC Panel for generators, shore power or inverter supply • DC Panels – pilot house and engine room • Generator - Northern Lights 20 kw, 390 hours since major overhaul • Generator - Northern Lights 8 kw, 6140 hours • Inverter/battery charger - Mastervolt 2500 watt • Maretron central alarm panel for all ships systems in pilothouse • Battery charger dedicated to house battery banks • Battery charger dedicated to engine start batteries • Battery charger dedicated to generator battery • Batteries - 2 banks of 12volt for house • Batteries - engine start 24 volt • Batteries - generator starting, 1 for each genset • 240 volt 10 kW isolation transformer • 120 volt 5 kW isolation transformer • Hull bonding system
Electronics & Navigation-
• Furuno UHD LCD 6 kW 72 mile radar w/4 ft open array antenna, new 2017 • Simrad 4G broadband radar • Simrad NMEA 2000 network backbone• Simrad chart GPS/chart plotter/radar • Garmin 545 GPS/plotter • Simrad AIS 400 • Simrad AP28 autopilot • Simrad RS35 VHF • SEA 322 SSB transceiver • Simrad depth/fish finder • AirMar 200WX ultrasonic weather station. • Simrad IS20 MFD’s (3) - wind speed (A&T) log, depth • Standard Horizon VLH-3000A loud hailer intercom/fog horn • Iridium Go Sat Phone w/data link • Inmarsat hand held sat phone • Carlisle Finch 15 mm cp 2 mile spotlight w/focus
• Simrad GPS/plotter/radar • Simrad MFD • Simrad autopilot • Simrad RS35 VHF • Carlisle Finch 15 mm cp 2 mile spotlight w/focus • Bow thruster control • Windlass control
• Sony stereo system w/speakers throughout the boat and in all cabins • CD and DVD player • Samsung TV • Sirius XM radio receiver through stereo system
• Viking 8 person Offshore Pro Liferaft, certified to 4/22• Survival Suits - 4 • Rescue Sling MOB system • ACR 406 EPIRB • Personal flotation devices • Ring Buoy - throwable • Electric powered pneumatic horn • Flares • Carbon monoxide detectors • Smoke detectors • Boarding ladder at swim platform • Life Sling and block-tackle • Portable fire extinguishers in engine room & throughout vessel • Fixed halon fire extinguisher system in engine room
• Maxwell 3500 hydraulic anchor windlass • Ronca #70 (79kg) anchor w/350’ 3/8” high test chain • Fortress FX85 anchor w/chain & rode • Nautica 13 ft RIB w/s/s stanchion, Garmin instruments & Sunbrella tube covers • Outboard - 25 hp Yamaha • Brower electric 800 lb 12 vdc dinghy davit • Simpson Lawrence aft deck 12 vdc capstan • Stainless swim ladder w/teak steps • Propane – 2 x 20 lb tanks in flybridge locker • Canvas Covers - helm station and seats • Cushions for all flybridge and boat deck seating • Deck Wash Down - 12v pumps for fresh water and salt water fore and aft decks • Asko washer and dryer - lazarette • Dive cylinders (2) with hose and regulator – hookah setup • Fishing outrigger poles (collapsible) • Luke Fireplace – main saloon• Chelsea clock & barometer • Various spare parts inventory • Tools
All personal items were removed from the boat, although some pictures may show items that were removed. There is no computer onboard for the Pilothouse keyboard and screen.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.