1995 Grand Banks Classic
Yacht price :
The "ULURU" This Grand Banks 42 Classic has enjoyed a charmed life having been stored inside, in heated storage 7-8 months per year since new, by both her original and current owners. In addition her in line 315 hp Cummins 6BT5.9 engines have very low hours. We will have more and better photos of her app June 1 2020 when she is fully commissioned.
In 2015 and 2016 this nicely maintained Grand Banks 42 was extensively upgraded including a comprehensive Garmin electronics package at both helm stations, canvas and ALL interior fabrics including upholstery, curtains etc. We suggest you read the full specs for complete details.
- Grand Banks
- Harpswell, ME, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 42 ft - 12.8 meter
- 43 ft 3 in - 13.18 meter
- 14 ft 1 in - 4.29 meter
- Draft - max:
- 4 ft 2 in - 1.27 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- 6BTA 5.9-M2 315 Diamond Edition
- Cruise Speed:
- 15 MPH - 13.04 KTS
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 315 (Individual), 630 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 18 MPH - 15.64 KTS
- Fuel Tank:
- 600 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 371 gallons - 3 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 50 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Measurements- Cruising Speed: 12.75 kn Cruising Speed RPM: 2150 Max Speed: 18 kn Max Speed RPM: 2600 LOA: 43 ft 3 in LWL: 41 ft 1 in Beam: 14 ft 1 in Max Draft: 4 ft 2 in Trim Tabs: Yes Displacement: 34914 lb Windlass: Electric Windlass Fuel Tanks Capacity: 600 gal Fuel Tanks Material: Steel Fresh Water Tanks #: 3 Fresh Water Tanks Capacity: 371 gal Fresh Water Tanks Material: Aluminum Holding Tanks #: 1 Holding Tank Capacity: 50 gal Holding Tanks Material: Plastic Number of double berths: 2 Number of Cabins: 3 Number of Heads: 2
Propulsion-Engine #1, Engine Make: Cummins Engine Model: 6BTA 5.9-M2 315 Diamond Edition Hours: 500 Power: 315 hp Propeller Type: 4 Blade Propeller Material: Bronze Engine #2, Engine Make: Cummins Engine Model: 6BTA 5.9-M2 315 Diamond Editn Hours: 500 Power: 315 hp Propeller Type: 4 Blade Propeller Material: Bronze
Vessel Walk Thru-Grand Banks are prized for there "cruiseability" with abundant natural light and ventilation the 42 classic comfortably accommodates the owners and guest providing berths for 4 in 2 staterooms, the aft with an island queen berth. This particular model of the Grand Banks 42 Classic has been kept simple for summer cruising in New England, equipped with Espar diesel cabin heat for cooler days or taking the dampness out in a morning fog, reverse cycle air conditioning could easily be added.
The Salon is bright and fresh with panoramic views through large windows on all sides. Slide open windows to port, starboard, and aft, and slide open center windshield to create a terrific cross breeze. A door to starboard next to the helm allows convenient access to side decks while docking from this station. A 2nd door to port allows convenient access to port side decks when docked to port. An L-settee aft to starboard with a smaller settee across to port creates a comfortable and social lounging space. The teak table with leaves opens to accommodate a meal and easily lowers to cocktail height, and a bar/liquor cabinet opens up to reveal bottle and glass storage, as well as a hinged flip-out counter for preparing cocktails. There is storage in drawers and a cabinet inside the bar, as well as in drawers under the settees and under the steps at each door.
The Galley is to port and also benefits from the brightness of the large windows in the main cabin area. The window above the galley counter slides open to allow ample ventilation while cooking. Covers for both the sink and stove extend counter space. When flipped over, the sink covers reveal cutting boards on their opposite sides. Storage in the galley is in a large cabinet above the counter and aft, with additional glass/bottle storage below, in 5 drawers and a cabinet below the sink, and in a drawer below the oven. There are two Grunert refrigeration/ freezer boxes, freezer aft and to port while the refrigeration box is at the aft end of the galley proper. Cooking is done off of a Force 10 3 burner propane stove with oven and broiler.
The Forward Stateroom provides a comfortable space for guests with a private head and ensuite shower. Opening cabin ports and an overhead hatch provide light and fresh air in the cabin, and an additional opening cabin port keeps the head ventilated. Storage in the fwd cabin is in 6 drawers and a louvered cabinet below the V-berth, and in a hanging locker aft to port. Storage in the fwd head is in a hull-side cabinet and 2 drawers above the counter, plus a drawer and slider cabinet below.
The Master Stateroom is spacious and private, located aft of the engine room from the fwd cabin. A door closes this cabin off from the main salon, and opening cabin ports to either side let in light and fresh air. The queen-size island berth is comfortable with a real mattress and is as easily accessed from either side as a regular bed. There is storage in drawers under the master berth. Additional storage is to port in 5 drawers and 1x cabinet below a large L-shaped vanity/night stand counter. Storage to starboard is in 6x drawers below another large Lshaped counter. 2 hanging lockers are behind louvered doors fwd on center. To port is the Master Head with an opening cabin port for ventilation. Storage here is in 2 hull-side cabinets, 2 hull-side drawers, and a cabinet below the sink. Across the master stateroom to starboard is a separate shower stall with another opening cabin port, a teak grate, and more storage in a hull-side cabinet.
Port and starboard side doors allow easy access entering or leaving and lead to wide side decks with high bulwarks and safety rails. Knuckle steps port side lead to the flying bridge.
The flying bridge offers expansive outdoor living space. Settees are molded into the fwd portion of the bridge deck, providing sturdy seating for the captain and crew under the protection of the Bimini. The aft portion of the deck is versatile, left wide open for setting up a table and chairs or several large deck chairs. Storage on the fly bridge is under the helm console behind a slider door, and under the molded settees. Navy blue canvas weather clothes are laced to a stainless rail that runs around the perimeter of the bridge deck for safety.
• 360 degree view and breeze through large opening windows and doors • Sun shades for pilothouse windows • Varnished teak interior • Parquet cabin sole throughout • Espar diesel cabin heating • Large, bright, open main cabin with social seating and galley-up • Teak chair with upholstered seat and back • Private master stateroom with queen-size island berth, private master head and separate shower stall • Guest cabin fwd with private guest head and ensuite shower New electric heads 2017 • Drop down privacy blinds added in Salon 2016 • New Sailcloth curtains for all windows with decorative trim 2016 • New foam salon and forward stateroom cushions and upholstery 2016 • Custom Master Stateroom mattress 2016 • All new plumbing fixtures 2016• Fireboy electric propane solenoid, sniffer, and alarm 2016 • All bedding from Cuddledown including mattress covers, fitted sheets, pillows and spreads • 2 CO monitors 2015 • New custom Mahogany hi/lo salon table with dining or cocktail heights drop down leaves • Garmin WiFi
Electrical- Wired for both 12 volt DC and 110 volt AC service. A Westerbeke 5kw generator will handle heavier loads when off the dock while a 2000 watt inverter can manage lighter loads.
12V DC • Distribution panel with breakers • Volt & Amp meters • 2 140 amp alternators • 3 8D house batteries • 2 4D engine battery • 1 genset battery
110 Volt AC • Distribution panels with breakers • 50 amp shore power connections forward and aft • 50' 50 amp shore power cord • Volt & Amp meters • 11 Outlets • 11 Gallon Hot Water heater (also engine supplied) • Xantrex Link 2000 inverter/charger • Northern Lights 5kw generator with 125 hours
Electronics- Fully equipped for coastal cruising with extensive Garmin electronics refit in 2017 including Garmin NMEA 2K backbone & network, Garmin 24 xHD Radome, Garmin CHIRP depth transducer, and GPS antenna, Garmin AIS, Garmin GXM 52 Sirius Weather receiver.
Upper Helm • Garmin 7612 MFD color display for radar and gps/plotter • Display incorporates Garmin depth • Garmin VHF with DSC and AIS • Robertson AP 300X autopilot control head • B&G Hydra 2000 speed, depth, wind • bracket for mounting radar display • Ritchie Powerdamp Plus compass • Horn
Lower Helm • Garmin 7612 MFD color display for radar, plotter, depth • Icom VHF with DSC and AIS • Roberson AP 300X autopilot control • B&G HS2 speed, depth, temp • Ritchie Powerdamp compass • Horn • 3 windshield wipers with wash down system
Mechanical • Twin Cummins 6BTA 5.9-M2 315 Diamond Edition 315 HP @ 2800 RPM marine diesel engines with just 500 hours • Engine and generator hours are original, as the first owners simply didn't use the boat very much, keeping it on a mooring in front of his house during the very short Maine summers, and inside a heated building the rest of the year. The current owners have put 300 hours on over the past 5 seasons
• Twin Disc MG-5050 reduction gear, 2.45:1• Cable steering • 2" stainless shafts • 4-blade bronze props, 28 diameter x 27 pitch • Racor primary fuel filters for engines and generator • Flow Scan Fuel fuel flow meters • Fireboy automatic halon fire suppression system in engine room with override controls at upper and lower helms • Additional sound insulation in engine room • Trim tabs with controls and upper and lower helms • 3 electric bilge pumps • 1 manual bilge pump • Tankwatch III holding tank level monitor • macerator pump • All new waste system hoses and waste tank 2018
Hull & Deck Solid fiberglass hull with white gel coat in excellent condition and kept nicely waxed; molded in plank lines and spray and quarter rails with stainless caps. Stainless steel bow rails and grab rails, varnished teak safety rails. Fiberglass house and decks with 9/16" thick teak overlay, the teak and thiokol compound in the seams is in excellent condition.
• Navy Bimini and storage boot 2017 • New weather cloths 2017 • LED running lights 2018 • Lofrans Tigres 1000W electric windless with chain and rope gypsies, and foot controls at fore deck and controls and upper and lower helms • 45 lb CQR anchor with app 150' chain • Spare Danforth anchor with chain and rode (stowed in lazarette) • Mast with bracket for supporting radome and boom with pulley system and Lewmar 30 self-tailing winch for hoisting dinghy and outboard • 6 Type II Life jackets • Life sling • Horseshoe life ring • Flare kit• 3 fire extinguishers • 5 fenders and 6 braided dock lines • Charcoal barbecue grill • Grand Banks Ensign and burgee staffs • Rope locker against fwd cabin top, with teak covering to act as a seat • Hot & cold fresh water wash down aft cockpit • Extended teak swim platform with 5 extra slats • Stainless telescoping swim ladder mounted to underside of swim platform
Additional • Avon Rover R3-10 inflatable dinghy on stainless chocks on aft cabin top with Mariner 5 HP outboard on motor mount
Disclaimer The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.