1995 Grand Banks Eastbay 38 Hard Top
Yacht price :
The "SMITTEN" This Eastbay 38 has been the beneficiary of extensive upgrading under current ownership, new extended swim platform, bow thruster, new electronics, decks re-conditioned, new Pompanette chairs, new canvas, new new new!! The seller is covering the cost of spring launch and commissioning and 3,000 hour service on her Caterpillar diesels. Fitted with a custom hard top on a stainless frame (huge plus; virtually all of the other vessel so equipped have aluminum frames). These handsome, great running boats are very popular and we don't see her last a long time in this market. This Eastbay 38 should be fully prepped and commissioned app. 6/1/19 and new and more flattering photos of her will be provided then
- Grand Banks
- Eastbay 38 Hard Top
- Harpswell, ME, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Express Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 38 ft - 11.58 meter
- 38 ft - 11.58 meter
- 13 ft 2 in - 4.01 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- 19 MPH - 16.51 KTS
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 300 (Individual), 600 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 21 MPH - 18.25 KTS
- Fuel Tank:
- 366 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 96 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 30 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Measurements-Cruising Speed: 18.5 kn Cruising Speed RPM: 2400 Max Speed: 23 kn Max Speed RPM: 2800 Range: 350 nmi LOA: 38 ft LWL: 34 ft 5 in Beam: 13 ft 2 in Min. Draft: 3 ft 8 in Cabin Headroom: 6 ft 5 in Dry Weight: 25900 lb Deadrise at Transom: 22 ° Fuel Tanks #: 1 Fuel Tanks Capacity: 366 gal Fuel Tanks Material: Aluminum Fresh Water Tanks #: 96 Fresh Water Tanks Material: Aluminum Holding Tanks #: 30 Holding Tanks Material: GRP Number of Heads: 1
Engine #1 Engine Make: Caterpillar Engine Model: 3116 Primary Engines: Inboard Drive Type: Direct Drive Location: Port Engine Year: 1995 Hours: 2977 Power: 300 hp Propeller Type: 4 Blade Propeller Material: Bronze Rope Cutter: Yes
Engine #2 Engine Make: Caterpillar Engine Model: 3116 Primary Engines: Inboard Drive Type: Direct Drive Location: Starboard Engine Year: 1995 Hours: 2936 Power: 300 hp Propeller Type: 4 Blade Propeller Material: Bronze Rope Cutter: Yes
Accommodations Accommodations for four in a typically handsome Grand Banks full varnished teak interior with varnished teak parquet type sole. Splendid natural light and ventilation with six opening ports and one large and two smaller opening hatches all except the large hatch with screens. Artificial light is equally well though out with swivel style reading lamps at the berths and settee and additional overhead lighting in working spaces. Starting forward is the private Forward Stateroom with full 6'-6" V-berth with filler, below which there is storage in four drawers and two drop face lockers with some additional "bin type" storage further forward. Above the berth the hull is lined with varnished teak ceilings and is fitted with the optional under deck storage cabinets. Access to the anchor locker is at the forward bulkhead. Aft of the port V is a hanging locker while aft of the starboard V is a bureau with drawers and another locker outboard. Aft and to port is the enclosed Head featuring a Vacuflush W.C. plumbed via a Y valve to the holding tank, molded vanity with integral sink and H&C pressure water, excellent storage in a drawer and several lockers. There is an "en suite shower" which drains to a sep. sump. Continuing aft is the Salon with U shaped settee which converts, when need arises, to a double berth. There is some storage under the settee and behind the seat backs and in lockers and shelves above as well as in another hanging locker forward of the settee. Dining is from a generous varnished teak table which acts as a filler piece when the settee is converted to a berth. Opposite the salon is the U shaped Galley with ample Formica topped counter space fitted with a large single basin stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water; generous storage in several lockers and drawers. Cooking is from a Seaward Princess 3 burner Propane stove with oven. Space for refrigerated food stuffs is in a below counter teak front "ice box" fitted with an Isotherm refrigerator freezer new in 2008
• Xintex propane solenoid & alarm• Fusion stereo with remote on helm deck; speakers in Salon and Stateroom and new speakers added to the helm deck 2017 • Brass Weems & Plath clock and Barometer 2012 • 12 Volt fan • Courtesy lights • New Port light curtain 2018
Electronics-All electronics are located at the helm station starboard side: Major recent electronics upgrades, see below.
• Garmin 7212 color radar/plotter 2017 • Garmin 2 kw radome 2017, and depth transducer 2017 • Simrad Autopilot 2017 • B&G Quad (wind pt. & speed/speed/depth/water temp) • ICOM M506 VHF with DSC and AIS 2017 • Ritchie compass • Horn • 3 double panto graph windshield wipers 2017 with washers • Trim tab controls • ZF Micro commander electric engine controls installed 2016
Electrical- Wired for both 12 Volt DC service and 110 Volt AC service. A Hart 2000 watt inverter handles light loads when off the dock.
12 Volt DC • Switch panel with breakers • Volt Meter • 2 120 amp alternators 2014 • 4 Group 24 house/inverter batteries engine start 2014 • 2 8-D engine start batteries 2018
110 Volt AC• Switch panel with breakers • Volt & Amp meters • Outlets • Water heater (also engine supplied) • Xantrex True Charge 40 battery charger 2007 • 50 amp shore power inlet aft • 2 50' 30 amp shore power cord • 30/50 amp splitter • Prepped for generator installation (platform, raw water intake)
Mechanical-Twin Caterpillar 3116 s turn 24"X 25" 4 bladed Nibral propellers on 2.5" shafts through Twin Disc 2:1 reduction gears.
• Racor fuel filters • 2014 Micro Commander electric engine controls • 2006 Fireboy engine space fire protection • Shafts pulled and inspected and new cutlass bearings 2012 • New engine space sound proofing 2017 • 8 HP Side Power bow thruster • 2014 Spur Cutters • 12 Volt Engine space lighting • 3 electric bilge pumps • High water bilge alarm 2015 • 1 manual bilge pump • Bronze rudders • Bennett trim tabs • Sealand Vacuflush W.C. new 2015 • Seaward 11 Gal hot water heater
Hull & Deck- Renowned Ray Hunt deep V hull with solid fiberglass bottom and closed cell foam cored topsides with exterior laminates in vinyl ester resin. The topside finish is original white gel coat in excellent condition with Awl gripped Navy Blue boot top and cove stripe. The bottom was stripped in 2009 and has been maintained with ablative green anti fouling since and is extremely fair with no paint build up.
This particular Eastbay 38 has the preferred helm deck layout with the two forward facing helm and navigators seats forward and bench seat aft below which there is storage. Additional storage may be found in lockers forward of the navigator's seat. A fully equipped helm station is to port with all navigational equipment and vessel controls while a chart locker is forward and to port. An engine hatch with an electric/hydraulic lift is in the raw teak deck. The hard top is new in 2009 and has hatches above the helm and navigators seat for ventilation.
Down two steps is the full width cockpit with large lazarettes port, starboard and on C/L, plenty of room for deck chairs, additional storage is found in the custom cabinet with sink at the forward port side.
Up two steps to the wide side decks with teak overlay which lead forward and are ensconced by the double stainless steel railings and bow rail. Anchor platform with storage lockers port and starboard forward.
The decks were completely re-conditioned by Great Island Boat Yard, one of the Northeasts premiere yards including reefing out all loose thiokol, "re-paying" or re-caulking associated seams and given all decks a light sanding. The look line new!
Custom extended 39" FRP swim platform with teak overlay 2016
• Maxwell Nilsson electric windlass new 2015 • 35 lb Lewmar Delta "Fast Set" plow 250' 3/8" chain • Fresh water wash down fore and aft • New helm deck canvas 2018 • New hatches in trunk cabin and grab rails pulled and re-bedded 2018 • New Hurley dinghy chocks and dinghy davit system 2016 • New hatches in hard top 2019 • Salt water wash down aft • Transom door • Stainless steel ladder with teak treads to hard top• Tie downs for kayaks or stand up paddle boards etc. on hard top • Hideaway type swim ladder under swim platform • Courtesy lights • 4 stainless rod holders in rails • 6 stainless "rocket launcher" type rod holders in cockpit • Magma stainless propane grill new 2018 • 3 fenders with covers and 4th ball type fender • 6 dock lines • 6 Type II PFD's • Flare kit • Life ring • 3 fire extinguishers
Additional-We have personally inspected this attractively priced Eastbay 38 and believe her to be a good value.
The Upgrades since 2004 are summarized below:
• 2014 8 HP Side Power bow thruster • 2016 ZF Micro Commander electric engine controls • 2006 Xantrex 40 amp battery charger • 2006 Fireboy engine room fire protection system • 2012 shafts pulled and inspected, and new cutlass bearings installed • 2016 New custom extended 39" deep fiberglass swim platform with teak overlay • 2016 Hurley dinghy davit and dinghy clock system • 2017 all new engine space sound proofing • 2018 New suite of Garmin Navigational electronics including display, radar scanner, and depth transducer and other antennas • 2018 ICOM M-506 VHF with DSC & AIS • 2018 Helm deck enclosure curtains • 2018 New Pompanette Chairs • 2007 New hard top• 2019 New hard top hatches • 2018 New trunk cabin hatches and grab rails re-bedded • 2018 Teaks decks all re-conditioned • 2015 New 120 amp alternators • 2014 New extended swim platform with teak over lay and dinghy chocks • 2014 All new windshield wipers • 2014 Spur cutters added • 2014 High water bilge alarm added • 2008 Cockpit awning • 2008 Isotherm refrigerator freezer • 2009 Bottom stripped shifted to ablative anti fouling
As part of the sale the owner is having the vessel fully commissioned and the 3000 hour Caterpillar service completed.
Very few Eastbay 38's have ever been available in this price range and none of them in as nice a condition or as nicely upgraded as this vessel is.
We will have new photos of her once she is fully commissioned about 5/15/19.
Default Disclaimer-The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.