1999 Beneteau 461
Yacht price :
This is a Two Stateroom cherry interior version of a Farr Designed Performance Cruising Boat. A popular cruising boat, AVALON is fitted for crusing comfort with In-mast furling main, roller furling genoa, generator, 2 reverse cycle AC units, Espar diesel heater and two heads.
Fully loaded, Avalon is priced to sell because the owner is moving to power after sailing the waters off Connecticut, Block Island, Nantucket and Maine. AVALON has a large comfortable cockpit with cockpit table, stern swim platform, bimini, dodger and connector, and davits for the dinghy. She is fast and easy to sail. Below deck she has 6”5” headroom with plenty of light.
Easily sailed shorthanded with all sail controls led back to the cockpit and controlled by an electric winch.
- Mystic, CT, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 46 ft - 14.02 meter
- 45 ft 11 in - 14 meter
- 13 ft 11 in - 4.24 meter
- Draft - max:
- 5 ft 9 in - 1.75 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- 8 MPH - 6.95 KTS
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Direct Drive
- Fuel Type:
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 53 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 145 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 15 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Two Staterooms plus sleeping for 2 when dinette table lowered and sleeping for 1 on side couch
Number of Heads: 2
The Farr Yacht designed 461 is a solid bluewater cruiser with impressive speed and a rig that is innovative and efficient. The boat is incredibly spacious, bright and well ventilated (7 opening deck hatches and 12 opening portholes.)
This is a two cabin version with cherry stained interior finish and teak floorboards with black striping.
Forward Master Stateroom is private, has a comfortable center line Queen-sized custom innerspring hinge-fold premium mattress making it easily accessible to get into storage bins underneath. Closet, two drawers under the berth, bench seats with storage beneath, shelving above hanging locker and storage bins. Reading lights.
Guest Stateroom has a large king sized sleeping accommodations. Cabinets, hanging locker, bench seat with storage beneath, shelving on hull, reading lights.
Ensuite head and shower with 1 piece molded fiberglass liners for water tightness and easy cleaning. 15 gal Holding Tank with Y valve. Medicine Cabinet with mirror, full wall mounted mirror and storage under sink. New Jabsco electric head (2016)
1 piece molded fiberglass liners. Head and shower. 15 gal Holding Tank with Y valve. Fiberglass wash hand basin, mirrors medicine cabinet, storage under sink.
Starboard C-shaped settee around the dining table with a cushioned loveseat on the centerline making comfortable seating for 8 people. Table has removable center leaf convertible to sleeping berth, central bench seat has storage underneath. Plenty of additional storage under and behind the settee seats. Cabinets and shelf storage under and behind the settee seats. On port side forward of navigation station is couch with storage underneath and behind. Also a spacious cabinet forward of couch along with cabinet and book rack.
Companionway steps with non-skid strips, hinged with pneumatic lifting arms for access to engine room.
Chart table with storage, bookshelf, navigation instruments, single side band, Alpine radio/Sirius satellite radio/stereo/CD/charger/smart phone docking with speakers in salon and cockpit.
Aft of Salon on starboard. Adler Barber front opening refrigerator and deep top opening freezer. Storage cabinets with caned fronts along hull sides and aft, double S/S sink, hot/cold pressurized fresh water, Gimballed 3-burner Force 10 propane stove with oven/broiler and protective S/S bar, trash can under counter, bins, microwave oven. Clear Paper towel racks and spice holder. Plenty of space above cabinets.
- Folddown table with ice box/storage
- Folddown seat to swim platform and swim ladder
- Hot and cold freshwater shower
- Binocular holder in companionway from cabin to cockpit
- Two stern perches
- Deep Lockers
- Padeyes for clipping in tethers
Sails and Rigging
- In mast roller furling mainsail
- Roller furling genoa (Tri-radial 150 percent genoa)
- Whisker Pole mounted on mast
- Spin lock stoppers
- Primary winches
- Winch handles
- Electric winch
- Rigid boom vang
- Spinnaker halyard
- Spreader lights
- Ferdell blipper and TV antenna on mast
- Raymarine RL80C Plus 10.4 inch color LCD display (Chartplotter) integrated with Raytheon 4kw radar on steering pedestal, with networked full function RL80C plus 10.4 inch display under dodger
- Raymarine ST6000 autopilot interfaced with GPS/Chartplotter
- Autohelm ST50 plus Tri data Wind speed, direction, and depthsounder
- Horizon Standard VHF
- Horizon RAM mike control at helm
- Alpine radio/Sirius satellite radio/stereo/CD/charger/smart phone docking.
- Speakers in cabin and cockpit.
- ICON 710R Single Side Band with insulated backstay antenna and Navtech high strength insulators.
- Link 2000 battery monitor
- Zantax charger/2000 watt inverter with separate house battery control and monitors
- 3.5 KW Fisher Panda Generator with digital meter
- 12 volt house system
- 2 house batteries (new 2015) Interstate Deep Cycle SRM-4D
- 1 engine starting battery (new 2014) 24M-XHD
- High output Yanmar alternator (new 2014)
- Spare Yanmar 55 amp alternator
- 12 volt panel with breakers and indicator lights
- Tri-color masthead light and strobe
- 110 volt shore power system with two 30 amp power cables
- 110 volt battery charger
- 110 volt outlets
- 110 volt panel with breakers and indicator lights
- Cantalupi Reading lights in salon (2) and forward stateroom (2)
- Copper grounding to keel throughout
- MOM (man overboard module)
- 2 Rev Cycle Air Conditioners (with dehumidify setting)
- Diesel Espar heater with vents in all cabins and heads
- Bimini, zippered connector and side curtains
- Dinghy Davits and Motor Hoist
- Electric windlass
- 3 blade Maxprop feathering propeller with line cutter
- Screens for openings ports and hatches
- Window curtains and covers for ports
- Cockpit Cushions
- SS Anchor Chain with 45 lb CQR
- 2nd anchor line with 30’ chain
- Ferdell Blipper (on mast)
- Magma Barbecue
- Bottom Barrier coated, with Micron ablative red “flag” coat and black top coats
- 2 bilge pumps/high output bilge with alarm
- FW/SW wash down at bow
- Flat screen TV/DVD w mast mounted (analogue) antennae
- Brass Lantern, flower holder, clock and barometer in salon
- Engine spare parts and generator spare parts kit
All artwork, Linens, Kayak, Larsen Stormglass.
1999 Beneteau Video