2003 J Boats J / 105
Yacht price :
Ghost is a one owner J/105 that has been optimized for racing with her wheel being converted to a tiller, top of the line electronics, excellent sail inventory, faired and template foils as well as being brought close to class minimum weight.
She is a turn key race winner with an excellent pedigree.
- J Boats
- J / 105
- Boothbay Harbor, ME, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Racer and Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Deep Vee
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 35 ft - 10.67 meter
- 34 ft 6 in - 10.52 meter
- 11 ft - 3.35 meter
- Draft - max:
- 6 ft 6 in - 1.98 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- 7750 lbs
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Sail Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 18 (Individual), 18 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 12 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 5 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 12 gallons - 1 tank(s)
The J/105 has a large cockpit combined with a simple 4-5 berth week-ending layout that results in two significant owner benefits: (1) A savings of $50,000 in little-used furniture, systems and cabinetry needed for extended cruising, and (2) A boat that's easier to handle, more comfortable in waves and more fun to sail for its size.
The J/105 has the stability, rig and sail controls to handle 15-20 knot winds without the need of reefing. It has the strength and seaworthiness for ocean going passages. Sailing World Magazine's panel of experts selected J/105 as Boat-of-the-Year among racer-cruisers in 1992. Since then over 600-plus have been launched worldwide, fulfilling a variety of needs. Enthusiasm for this great boat continues to blossom with an active owner's association and owner-maintained web site to help sailors get the most from their boat.
The J/105 Class is the most successful modern one-design keelboat class over 30 feet in the world. There are one-design starts in virtually every major sailing center across the US and several class starts across Europe. Singlehanded sailors race and cruise to Bermuda; an older couple enjoys cruising in Maine and winning the Monhegan Race after giving up their Alden 54; and America's Cup helmsman race for prize money around the country in a professional match racing circuit. J/105 makes sailing easier and smoother.
No pitching, no rolling about and no panic drills. Gone are feverish routines of course and sail changes. Enjoy the luxury of a dodger while napping on full-length cockpit cushions.
Only one jib to tend. Roll it in or out. The spinnaker can be set with an optional snuffer which is included but not installed. Jibing is a one person operation. Simply let go the old sheet, then trim in the new one.
Good-bye big racing crews and foredeck work. Hello fun and relaxation. Whether it's blowing 5 mph or 20 mph, sailors will want to set J/105's asymmetric spinnaker - even with just two people aboard.
• Raritan PH-2 Manual Saltwater Flush Marine Head • 2 Gallon Polyethylene Holding Tank with Y-Valve for Direct Discharge • Molded in Vanity Sink with Foot Pump (Not Installed) • Mirror • Storage Cabinet Below Sink • Opening Storage Behind Sink • Privacy Curtain Behind Mast • Door Leading From Main Saloon • Small Deck Hatch • Hanging Locker • Stainless Steel Sink Basin with Foot Pump and 13 Gallon Polyethylene Water Tank (Not Currently Installed)
• Origio Stainless Steel Single Burner Alcohol Stove - Nonpresurized (Not Installed) • 54 Quart Opening Top Portable Cooler Located Under Companionway Stairs • Bright White Formica Low - Maintenance Bulkheads • Synthetic Teak & Holly High- Wear Cabin Sole • NAV Station with Flip-Up Lid • White Vinyl Head Liner on Cabin Ceiling • Main Salon and VBerth (Cushions Never Used)
Deck & Rigging
• Sparcraft One-Design, Tapered, Aluminum, Factional Rig, with Double Airfoil Spreaders, and Sparcaraft Aluminum Boom. • Sailtech Integral Hydralic Backstay Adjuster with 9.5" Throw
• Hall Rigid Boom Vang with Integral Cleating • Harken Headsail furling System • Lewmar 30 Two Speed Self-Tailing Winches on Cabin Trunk (2) • Lewmar 44 Two Speed Self Tailing Primary Winches in Cockpit (2) • Spinlock Double Rope Clutches on Cabin Top (P&S) Main Halyard, Jib Halyard, Spin Halyard, Xtra • Harken Mainsail Traveler with Harken Car System
• Harken 6:1 Racing Mainsheet System with Sheet Tail led to (2) Heavy Duty Swivel Base Ratching Cam Cleats • Harken Jib Cars (2) • Winch Handles (2) • Spinnaker Blocks (2) • Tack Line Block for Pole End (1)
• B&G Zeus Toucvh 8" MFD on Swing Arm in Companionway • B&G Hercules Main Processor • Hercules Gyro System • 2 B&G Hydra 2000 20/20 LCD Display w/ Selector Switch • Remote Vision BGH • B&G Analog Wind Display • B&G Halcyon Compass • 3 B&G Hydra 2000 20/20 LCD Display Pack w/ Mast Bracket (Selector Switch Removed) • 32" Carbon Fiber Mast Want • B&G H2000 Autopilot w/ Hydraulic Ram • Icom 502 VHF • Icom 502 RAM Mic at the Helm • Clarion XMDIR AM/FM/CD (CD Changer not installed)
Current Race Inventory • 2013 North Sails Class Jib- CJ-2 Aramid (Excellent) • 2013 North Sails Vforce All Purpose Spinnaker (Excellent) • 2013 North Sails Max Force (Light Air) Spinnaker (Excellent) • 2011 North Sails Class Jib (Very Good) • 2011 North Sails Class Main (Very Good) • 2008 North Sails Heavy Condition Class Jib (Very Good)
Spare Main Sails
• 2007 North Sails Class Main (Average) • 2006 North Sails Class Main (Good) • 2002 North Sails Class Main "Sharkskin" (Average)
• 2010 North Sails Vforce (Average) • 2008 North Sails Vforce (Average) • 2007 North Sails Vforce (Average) • 2006 North Sails Vforce (Average) • 2001 North Sails 77 Sq. Meter (Average) Jibs • North Sails Paneled Cruising
• Life Jackets • Horse Shoe Throwable Life Ring • Flare Kit • First AId Kit • Fire Extinguisher • Air Horn • Anchor with Rode • Fenders with Covers • Dock Lines • Water Tank (Not Currently Installed) • Wheel and Pedestal (Covert from tiller back to wheel)
Available Inventory Items below are available for purchase but NOT included in the asking price of $79,500.00
• Custom Dual Axle Triad Trailer w/ Electric Brakes • Keel Cover • Rudder Cover • Spare Hall Spars Carbon Sprit (Brand New) • Mast Cover • Boom Cover • Front Stay Foil Cover
MS Regatta Portland, ME • 1st in Division 2011 • 1st in Division 2016 Marblehead NOODs J/105 Division • 1st 2013 • 3rd 2006 & 2007 PHRF New England Championships J/105 Division • 1st 2006 • 2nd 2014 • 3rd 2004, 2005 & 2009 Maine State PHRF One Design Championship
• 1st in Division 2005-2008 Key West Race Week J/105 Division • 2nd 2010 Block Island Race Week J/105 Division • 3rd 2008 J/105 North American Championships • 5th 2011 J/105 Fleet 2 Champion 2006 & 2007 Smuttynose Regatta J/105 Division • 1st 2009 & 2010 • 2nd 2006, 2007 & 2008 Boothbay Harbor Regatta Annual Regatta • 1st in division 2007 & 2011 New York Yacht Club Annual Regatta J/105 Division • 3rd 2006 & 2007
Default Disclaimer The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. J