2004 J Boats j/109
Yacht price :
Major refit in 2019 at one of the best boatyards in the Northeast: Stored in new climate controlled (temperature and humidity) building. This boat shows as if she were fresh off the production line! Having spent most of her summers enjoying fresh water, this J/109 is ready to perform whether on the race course or for a family cruise.
Her flag blue top sides shine as she comes into any harbor and her decks have only very minor crazing. She's been professionally maintained and kept inside heated storage. This gorgeous J/109 is easy to view and is located at Safe Harbor Great Island in Harpswell, Maine. Please reach out to her listing broker, Charlotte Kinkade, to arrange a showing.
* Her seller reserves the vessel name 'Sybarita' *
- J Boats
- Harspwell, ME, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Racer and Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 35 ft - 10.67 meter
- 35 ft 3 in - 10.74 meter
- 11 ft 6 in - 3.51 meter
- Draft - max:
- 7 ft - 2.13 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Sail Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 28 (Individual), 28 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- Fresh Water Tank:
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
LOA: 35 ft 2 in, LWL: 30 ft 6 in, Beam: 11 ft 6 in, Max Draft: 7 ft, Cabin Headroom: 6 ft 2 in, Dry Weight: 10900 lb, Ballast: 3900 lb, Displacement: 10900 lb, Fuel Tanks Capacity: 23 gal, Fresh Water Tanks Capacity: 70 gal, Holding Tanks #: 1, Number of single berths: 2, Number of double berths: 2, Number of Cabins: 2, Number of Heads: 1
Engine#1, Engine Make: Yanmar, Primary Engines: Inboard, Drive Type: Sail, Drive Engine Year: 2004, Power: 28 hp
Electronics • Depthsounder • Log-Speedometer• Wind Speed and Direction • Navigation Center • Plotter • Autopilot • Radio • Compass • GPS • VHF
Sails• Battened Mainsail • Asymmetric Spinnaker • Furling Genoa
Rigging• Steering Wheel
Inside Equipment• Electric Bilge Pump • Oven • Manual Bilge Pump • Marine Head • Hot Water • Refrigerator
Electrical Equipment• Shore Power Inlet
Outside Equipment/Extras• Cockpit Shower • Cockpit Cushions • Swimming Ladder
Hop aboard this J/109 and be welcomed into an incredibly spacious cockpit outfitted with a suite of brand new B&G marine electronics. Included are a 12" touch screen Chart Plotter at your helm, and three displays forward at the top of the companionway. There's also an ICOM VHF radio mounted to the port side of the helm, ergonomically easy to reach controls for the newly rebuilt autopilot ram. She's also equipped with a binnacle compass, shore power at her stern, manual and electric bilge pumps, hot and cold transom shower and a stern mounted swim ladder. Relax comfortably on her set of five, white ultra-leather cockpit cushions and listen to the Kenwood 60 Watt amplifier an impressive sound system.
This J/109 is equipped with the removable transom dock box for extra storage. Should you wish to return to One Design racing- this is super easy to take off her transom. To port is her propane locker and to starboard is an ample storage locker that is accessible from both a wide deck hatch and an access door at the rear of her head.
As you proceed forward along her side decks, you'll see that ALL her running rigging is new! Two-tone light grey decks compliment her flag blue hull. There's a new dove grey helm cover, matching dodger and set of four winch covers. A solar powered vent fan in her forward hatch for constant fresh circulation of air as well as screens for all of her hatches! Deck hatches were replaced with OEM in 2019.
In terms of sails, you won't find a better outfitted J/109 on the market! She has a new main, and jib built by North for the 2019/2020 season.
Forward is her anchor locker, furler for her headsail and retractable bow sprit.
It's a pleasant decent down her companionway steps, each is lined with a comfortable tread. To port you'll find her L-shaped galley. She's outfitted with a double sink, fresh water foot pump, pressurized hot and cold water, 12V, top loading Sea Frost refrigeration with a temperature and speed monitor, 2-burner propane gimbaled stove (with new Xintex propane fume detector), hidden trash receptacle and ample storage.
Below your feet is a faux teak and holly synthetic cabin sole: easy to clean and maintain and in impeccable condition! Aft of the galley, is her queen quarter berth. She's spacious and provides incredible storage. Outfitted with a hanging locker and ample lighting. The manufacturer-recommended stiffening of the keel sump has been implemented.
To starboard is her navigation station. There's a custom cut black traction mat, white and red overhead lighting, control panels for all your electronics and storage both within the table and below her seat. All the cushions below deck are upholstered in a lovely dark, Newport blue. This boat has the ability to comfortable sleep six below deck.
Aft of the navigation station is her marine head. She's a wash with plentiful natural lighting and ventilation. Her sink faucet doubles as an extendable shower head. The J/109 is known for ease of access to her aft storage locker. At the rear of the head is a port door which allows comfortable access to this storage locker and all her neatly installed marine electronics.
Forward is her salon. Two plush settees face each other, divided by a centerline and a dropleaf table. There's a custom, padded, dove grey cover to protect the table. Above each settee are varnished, louvered storage cabinets and speakers for her Kenwood sound system.
Finally we reach her V-berth, within which there's a large mirror, two hanging storage lockers and when retracted, her carbon bow sprit. This forward berth is home to abounding natural light and constant fresh air from her overhead hatch with solar vent fan.
2019 / 2020 UPGRADES:
• New Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides 2019 w/ multiple clear coats • Bottom stripped in 2019 • Epoxy coated • Three coats of Petit Vivid, Burnished (2 Blue, with contrasting tracer underneath) • Gaiter for rudder post (2019)
• Main - North Class Main 3Di Raw 760 14,760 Dpi (New 2019) • Jib - North Class Jib 3Di Raw 760 14,760 Dpi (New 2019) • Genoa - North Light molded Genoa, good condition • 2nd Jib - North Molded Jib, good condition • Asymmetrical Spinnaker
• B&G Zues 3 12” Touch Screen MFD Insight at binnacle on Navpod (Wi-Fi Bluetooth connectivity to laptop/ iPads/ iPhones for use above or below deck as repeaters) • B&G Zues graphic screens at companionway • B&G Triton 2 Color Digital Displays (2) at companionway • B&G H5000 Hydra CPU • B&G ZG100 GPS, Antenna with Rate Compass • B&G WS310 wired Wind Sensor• B&G H5000 Autopilot Controller in cockpit to port • B&G autopilot (Ram rebuilt by B&G to original specs 2019/2020) • B&G H5000 Autopilot Controller in cockpit to port • B&G H5000 Autopilot Computer • B&G Precision-9 Autopilot Compass • DT800 active D/T TH 235kz transducer • H3000 Speed Sensor • ICOM IC-M506 fixed mount VHF at nav. station w/ AIS & NMEA 0183/2000 • ICOM HM195 Command Mic IV remote at helm • Pro Mariner Pro Nautic 12-40P AC Input monitor: 3 bank battery charger (new 2019) • B&G RF25N Rudder Feedback Unit
* All above B&G electronics are new for this 2020 season: Install performed by former B&G master electronics technician who does factory training nationally for B&G * • N2k Backbone for above B7G equipment • Inverter under nav. station for charging A/C electronics, like cellphone, underway • Xintex propane fume detector • Kenwood 60W sound system
• New Sparcraft mast, 2019 (original damaged in transport from Great Lakes) Seller's 2019 season was limited to two weeks due to waiting for replacement mast • Tides Marine track - 2019 • Sailtec Hydraulic backstay adjuster • Harken furler with dual luff track • Quick pins for turnbuckles • Updated running rigging 2020 : New England Ropes High Performance Endura Braid Dyneema SK78:
Jib sheets (2 sets, 1 with Tylaska shackles) Dual spinnaker halyards with Tylaska shackles Spinnaker sheets (2) sheets Main sheet
New Dove Gray Sunbrella canvas by Thurston, OEM supplier, (2019) • Dodger • Helm Cover • Mainsail Cover • Hatch Covers • Cockpit Fly • Winch Covers • and Lifeline Covers for aft section • Dinette table padded cover, in Parchment color, in saloon
Safety & Additions: • Electric and Manual Bilge Pumps • Marine Head (Raritan PHII) & Y valve, both new 2020 • Force 10 two burner stove with oven, rebuilt in 2019 with new regulator • Xintex (Fireboy) 1BS Fume Detector alarm and solenoid shutoff - 2019 • Sea-Frost refrigeration with additional shelving and BD Digital Remote • Thermostat/Speed Control (varies compressor speed - highly efficient) - 2020 • CO2 Alarm - 2019
• Docklines (3) • Fenders (3) • Teak flag pole & Ensign • Mainsail Cover & Fly • Batteries (3) • Anchor & rode • Lifeline cushions for aft section • Fire extinguisher (2) • Lexan for companionway - 2019 • Clock and Barometer - 2019 • Teak trimmed screen for companionway - 2019 • (3) Lifeline AGM 27T batteries - 2019
From J Boats about the J/109:
The J/109 features the popular carbon fiber retractable bowsprit and asymmetric spinnaker system and a versatile two cabin interior layout with standing headroom. She is designed with a very low VCG, long waterline, and generous sail plan with the horsepower for competitive racing and stability for relaxed cruising when the racing crew is not aboard.
The J/109 fits within the current J/Boat sprit range as a stable, easy-to-sail performance boat with the interior volume necessary for comfortable cruising and a great dual purpose deck layout. The sleek profile and generous sail plan give one an immediate sense of the speed potential of the J/109.
The hull profile reveals a long waterline, low wetted surface and a low VCG fin keel (7 feet), designed for excellent stability when sailing short-handed. The deck/cockpit layout is a cross between the J/105 and J/120, the two J/stable-mates that clearly bracket the targeted market for the J/109.
Sail handling systems follow the J philosophy of keeping things easy. Halyards and reef lines are cockpit led, mainsheet controls are within reach of the wheel, and inboard sheeting tracks permit the use of both overlapping and non-overlapping headsails. There is ample on-deck stowage, thanks to the removable transom locker, cockpit seat locker and a bow compartment large enough for both the anchor rode and the asymmetric spinnaker.
The interior is European-style with two private sleeping cabins and an option for a pull-out double in the large main cabin. The L-shaped galley includes a double sink, 2-burner propane stove and a pressure water system. The nav station is a large sit-down forward-facing console with abundant space for instrument displays. The head is conveniently located aft, near the companionway, providing easy access from the cockpit while underway.
Default Disclaimer -The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.