2004 J Boats J/46
Yacht price :
The J/46 Strega was delivered new in March, 2004. She has been boatyard maintained by Marblehead Trading and has always stored indoors during the off-season. Strega (hull number 39) was one of the last J/46’s built and shows in new boat condition. Her knowledgeable owners added many custom options. Strega is 46’ overall with a 14’ beam and a 6’2” draft. Her features include: a Yanmar 4JH-TE turbocharged 76 hp diesel, a Mastervolt 7.5 kw generator, 630 amp house batteries, two zone air conditioning, power primary winches, a satin varnished, three-cabin cherry interior, two heads (one with a separate stall shower), hot and cold pressure water, 120 gallons of water; 88 gallons of fuel, 19” television, varnished rails, Raymarine electronics, Doyle sails and numerous extras. The J/46 is an able off-shore yacht which is sea kindly to the crew and a pleasure to sail.
- J Boats
- Marblehead, MA, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Racer and Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 46 ft - 14.02 meter
- 46 ft - 14.02 meter
- 14 ft - 4.27 meter
- Draft - max:
- 6 ft 2 in - 1.88 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- 24400 lbs
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 76 (Individual), 76 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 88 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 117 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 24 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Builder: J Boats
Designer: Rod Johnstone
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 46 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 10 in
LWL: 40 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 2 in
Displacement: 24400 lbs
Ballast: 9400 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Dry Weight: 24400 lbs
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: Yanmar 4JH-TE
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Fresh Water Tanks: (117 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (88 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (24 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 7
Number of heads: 2
- Satin varnished cherry bulkheads and furniture panels with cold molded cherry trim, drawer and cabinet faces. Main bulkhead with single opening and recessed cherry paneled door with Mobella lock-sets. Forward and aft heads trimmed in teak.
- Cherry trimmed vinyl headliner throughout forward, main and aft cabins.
- Polyurethane teak and holly veneer floor panels with underside and end-grain sealed with epoxy.
- Custom interior cushion fabric.
- 5” layered & bolstered main settee split wrap-around cushions with two-tier split backrests, custom foam cushions in fwd and aft cabins.
- Large twin berth forward cabin featuring 4 drawers, 4 lockers, hinge-up bunk tops to maximize storage; V-berth filler; changing seat, hanging locker w/louvered door, and bureau/ vanity with 2 drawers, locker, and cabinet above with cherry louvered doors and shelf.
- Forward head includes vanity with mirrored acrylic slider storage, teak towel rack, mirrors storage cabinet below molded sink, enclosed by cherry paneled door (on outer face) and white laminate finish on head side.
- Stall shower with teak slat bench seat, cabinet locker with mid-height shelf outboard, shower fixture mounted on bulkhead with adjustable shower faucet. Local self-priming pump services shower sump and drains overboard.
- Pilot berth in main cabin to port with small mid-height convenience shelf at aft end.
- Two storage cabinets with louvered doors.
- Two book storage shelves between cabinets with removable cherry retainer battens.
- One large drawer and one locker outboard of starboard settee backrest cushions and one large drawer, one small drawer and one locker outboard of port settee backrest cushions.
- Settee backrests of cherry veneer and cherry trim.
- Varnished cherry wood hull slats in main, aft and V-berth cabins.
- Cherry main cabin drop-leaf table with removable fiddles, two drawers and internal bottle storage.
- Large 30 x 36 sit-down, forward-facing navigation station with hinged tabletop. Features include; outboard shelf, access to chart storage and sliding organizer tray below table top, cushioned seat of layered bolstered foam, instrument cabinet with two large wood panel faces hinged at the bottom for quick access, file storage drawer below nav seat to fit hanging files, binocular storage cabinet outboard of seat, and series of three utility drawers on inboard table support face.
- Starboard aft cabin with recessed cherry paneled door, hanging locker with louvered door and bureau/vanity with 2 large drawers, hinged footlocker, and cabinet with cherry louvered door and shelf. Additional drawer above engine.
- Aft head/shower combination accessed via cherry paneled door, wet hanging area outboard, cabinet below molded sink, mirror, two teak grab rails and direct access door to port cockpit locker area equipped with fore and aft divider.
- Teak companionway steps cold molded with angled ends & Treadmaster non-skid for safe entrance and exit.
- Cherry overhead grab rails in main cabin.
- All drawers and cabinets with polished positive-latch push buttons.
- “Wheat Matrix” Fountainhead color for counter tops with cold-molded varnished, tapered cherry fiddles.
- Scandvik polished 8” deep stainless steel double sink recessed below Fountainhead on forward island with deluxe hot/cold pressure-water gooseneck faucet and manual fresh water faucet with whale foot pump. Storage areas in louvered doors below sink for cleaning supplies and garbage pail with flip lid access.
- 6.5 cu.ft. deluxe icebox located on center island. Molded GRP box insulated with Glacier Bay Ultra R vacuum insulation panels and foam top. Organizing shelves & interior light included.
- 3.5 cu.ft. converted to optional freezer, outboard of sink. Molded GRP box with 3-1/2” foam insulation and refrigeration cold plates.
- Three-burner Force 10 propane stove/broiler/oven with thermostat control, patented slide-away oven door recess and stainless steel stove bar. Additional storage foot locker below oven.
- Plate, bowl, cup, and glass storage compartment on bulkhead aft of stove.
- Top access dry good storage compartment below counter top outboard.
- Two large cabinets outboard with louvered cherry doors with mid-height shelves.
- Dual slider cabinet, bin storage, and AC outlet mounted below cabinets.
- Flatware drawer, utensil drawer and utility cabinet with mid-height shelf and louvered door under outboard counter.
- Stainless grab post on forward inboard galley corner.
- SCRIMP™ infusion molded sandwich construction using triaxial, biaxial and unidirectional glass reinforcements with Lloyd’s and ABS approved end-grained balsa core. (SCRIMP™ is the patented resin infusion molding process of TPI Technologies, Inc.)
- Interplastic vinylester resin on the outer hull layer.
- Lead & antimony fixed 9,350 lb., 6.2’ draft, fin/bulb keel bolted to a deep molded stub.
- Gel Coat hull with double tapered bootstripe and molded cove stripe—Awlgrip colors: hull-black; boot stripe-white; cove stripe-gold.
- Deck gelcoat special color of tan.
- Hull-to-deck joint bonded with 3M 5200 and Plexus MA550 on the transom.
- Two lazarette lockers on fantail, port cockpit seat locker and port utility locker for helmsperson outboard of wheel.
- Propane locker outboard of wheel to starboard drained and vented overboard with two 101b aluminum bottles.
- Molded instrument pods on port and starboard coamings and on wheel pedestal.
- Molded companionway seahood with integral instrument pod.
- Dorade boxes molded integrally into deck for owner cabin, main cabin and forward head area.
- Molded swim platform with off-center gate and fold-up ladder.
- Gasketed bow anchor locker and spinnaker storage area with overboard drain.
- GRP molded main structural bulkhead, glassed fore and aft on hull and deck as support for shroud chainplates with single door opening to v-berth cabin.
- Heavy duty molded structural keel support grid including engine bed, mast step, and longitudinal stiffeners.
- Fabricated aluminum mast step and engine bed tapping plates molded into structural keel grid.
- Positive traction nonskid on horizontal deck surfaces.
- Yanmar 4JH-TE turbo-charged 76 hp, 4 cylinder, fwc diesel engine with fresh water-cooling, dual Racor fuel filters and 140 amp Balmar alternator with a smart 3-step charge regulator.
- Yanmar C-type recessed engine instrument panel in cockpit with gauges for tachometer, fuel level, operating hour meter; amperage, oil pressure and oil temperature.
- Morse-type control gear shift and throttle pedestal mounted.
- Parallel fuel system with 58 gallon primary tank below aft starboard berth, and 30 gallons in secondary tank behind aft bulkhead to starboard. Secondary tank gravity feeds into primary for 88 gallon total capacity.
- Three blade Maxprop, feathering with spurs and a 1.25” Aquamet shaft.
- AquaDrive self-aligning thrust bearing to minimize shaft vibration.
- Ultra Sound Acoustics VO-100 engine compartment insulated.
- Balanced spade rudder constructed with unidirectional glass and large diameter shaft mounted in Edson custom rudder bearing, exceeds ABS requirements.
- Aluminum emergency tiller.
- Edson 60” diamond series aluminum wheel with leather grip.
- Custom molded pedestal with guard and integral binnacle, 5” Ritchie compass, 9” x 12” instrument mounting area & Edson thru-shaft wheel brake.
- Standard system batteries include: one group 4D (210 amp) and two group 31(105amp) deep cycle batteries to serve the house, and (1) Optima 1000 (1,100 CCA) battery for dedicated service to the engine. All batteries are Concorde’s Lifeline AGM sealed, absorbed glass mat type series.
- ProMariner ProMatic 30-3 Battery Charger.
- 140 amp Belmar Alternator with Max Charge external regulator and temperature sensor for alternator, and Balmar spike protection fuse.
- Batt/Maxx Automatic Battery Combiner System with remote momentary parallel switch near cockpit engine panel.
- Master battery switch at nav station with 1,2, both off for house batteries and single on/off switch for engine start battery mounted in aft cabin.
- Deluxe Bass AC/DC backlit electrical panel w/digital condition meters, circuit breakers, accommodation for generator installation and air conditioning systems. Panel accommodates 33 DC breakers and 11 AC breakers
- Navigation, steaming/foredeck, anchor and tri-color masthead lights.
- 30 amp 110VAC shorepower system with 7 outlets, 50ft shore power cord and ProMariner Galvanic Isolator with monitoring device. 25ft additional 30 amp shore power cord included.
- Bonding system to meet ABYC project E-l.
- Propane solenoid switch panel in galley.
- Ten swiveling Imtra stainless halogen reading lamps, halogen overhead lights in main cabin, flexible armed lamp at navigation station, florescent light in aft head.
- Four Hella variable speed cabin fans over berths.
- 10” Raymarine chart plotter/radar at nav station.
- 7” Raymarine charter plotter/radar repeater at helm.
- Mounted above companion way:
- ST60 Raymarine Depth System
- ST60 Raymarine Speed System
- ST60 Raymarine Wind System
- ST60 Raymarine Close-hauled/VMG display.
- ST60 multifunction display at nav station and on both sides of cockpit.
- Horizon VHF at nav station with cockpit mic.
- Autopilot with ST6001 Raymarine Smart Pilot controls located on both sides of cockpit.
- Custom radar tower in cockpit with adjustable mount for radar dome, 24” Radar Dome, GPS antenna, extra VHF antenna (in addition to the masthead antenna), TV antenna and spotlight for cockpit.
- Separate battery installed for generator.
- Ground wire cut-off installed to prevent battery drain.
- All by Doyle
- 150% Dacron genoa (new in 2005; shape is fine; has cosmetic discoloration.)
- 105% Dacron jib (new in 2004).
- Dacron main (new in 2004).
- Asymmetrical spinnaker (new in 2004; red with white star; spinnaker sock.)
- Dacron “Code Zero” (new in 2009; with roller furling system.)
- Mainsail Dutchman system for flaking when lowering the main. Anatal Luff System.
- Genoa/jib sheets; spinnaker sheets; sheets for code zero; cunningham; spinnaker pole downhaul; boom preventer.
- Hall Spars carbon fiber mast of pre-preg carbon fiber. Mast includes double airfoil carbon spreaders, carbon gooseneck, Awlgrip off-white finish, painted black bands, wire runs in conduit, Hall/Antal mainsail track with loader and end fittings to accommodate sailmaker provided Antal mainsail sliders and/or boltrope. Spartite mast wedge material, offshore tricolor/anchor light, bow and deck light with SS guard and flag halyard cheek block at masthead and cleat at deck.
- Hall Spars boom of off-white Awlgrip finish, welded gooseneck fitting, lug for QuikVang internal 12:1 mainsail outhaul with external cleat, bale for mainsheet block and painted black bands. Outboard end accommodates single line reef to starboard and second single line reef to port.
- Hall “J” length carbon fiber whisker pole with two bridles and trip line, short track on front of mast and deck mounted retaining clips.
- Navtec continuous rod rigging and N690 style open body turnbuckles with headstay -17 preassembled for furling system, backstay -17, uppers -17, intermediates -12, lowers -22.
- Harken MKI1I Unit 2 size furling system with airfoil performance extrusion, corrosion proof spool and drum, tapered torque tube, AirSwivel for reduced weight aloft, cast aluminum Hardcote anodized chafe guard, and all black low stretch New England adjuster line.
- Hall Rigging package includes; two Technora jib halyards and one Spectra spinnaker halyard each with Wichard SS shackles and flemish eye terminations, main halyard of Technora with Wichard shackle, XLS Mainsheet and two traveler control adjuster lines, two Spectra genoa sheets, two Maxi Plus tapered Spectra spinnaker sheets, one XLS Dacron spinnaker tack line, single 3/8” Crystalyne checkstays that can be clipped forward when not in use, burgee halyard of white 5/32’ Dacron cord. Two reef lines are also included; Tack reef & clew reef #1 and #2 are each one continuous reef line. Whisker pole foreguy with Schaefer 504-09 block with snap shackle.
- Integral hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Hall D-30 aluminum Quik-Vang w/ Harken 30:1 cascading adjuster tackle & powerful stainless return spring to lift boom in light air and support boom with sail furled, eliminating the need for a topping lift.
- Custom designed 316 SS chainplates, stemhead and backstay tang.
- Two Lewmar 64CCST self-tailing 2-speed chrome primary winches with 3.1:1 in 1st gear and power ratio of 64:1 in 2nd gear located in recessed bases on cockpit coamings.
- Two Lewmar 54CCST self-tailing 2-speed all-chrome halyard/reef/spinnaker secondary winches on cabin trunk.
- Two Lewmar 48CCST self-tailing 2-speed all-chrome mainsheet winches outboard of traveler in recessed bases.
- Three Lock-in Harken Speed-Grip 10” winch handles, two 8” Speed-Grip handles for mainsheet
- Thurston cockpit dodger with roll-up forward window, removable side curtains, stanchion supports and stainless grab bar on aft edge.
- Thurston helmsman bimini with stanchion supports & viewing window (color as dodger).
- Five white acrylic cockpit cushions for helmsman and two cockpit seats. Four throw pillows.
- Two Harken Black Magic 3010 (100mm) footblocks for genoa sheets when using dodger, mounted on cockpit coamings aft of primary winches.
- Two Harken Black Magic 3006 (75mm) double footblocks with lock-off outboard of the primaries for spinnaker sheets and checkstays.
- Two Harken Black Magic 3005 (75mm) mainsheet foot blocks w/lockoffs mounted on angled pads at winches.
- 2:1 mainsheet system consisting of two Harken 1969 AirBlocks (75mm) mounted on traveler and (1) 3007 AirBlock (100mm) attached to boom bale.
- Harken 560-5 Big Boat mainsheet traveler track with Harken 1939/1935 car w/control blocks for 6:1 purchase led to both sides of cockpit to 1893 track control ends through cockpit side mounted 222 blocks to 150 cam cleats. Two 168 swivel blocks to adjust traveler from forward or aft side of track.
- Single rope clutch mounted in cockpit for headsail furling.
- Lewmar Concept 2 anchor windlass with rope/chain gypsy, manual override, 150 amp breaker in nav station, hand held control unit mounted in forward deck anchor locker.
- Custom 316 stainless mast collar with 10 bales for halyard and reef lines and forward halyard bar.
- Nine Schaefer 08-05 stainless halyard and reef blocks w/investment cast shackles.
- Four Lewmar Superlock double rope clutches, mounted in pairs forward of each secondary winch.
- Two Harken 1969 (75mm) AirBlocks shackled to U-bolts at transom comers for mainsail checkstays.
- Two Harken 1969 (75mm) AirBlocks shackled to U-bolts aft on toerail for spinnaker sheets.
- Two clear anodized aluminum “T” tracks (13’ x 1.25’) for jib/genoa leads. Additional 3’ x 1.25” track mounted outboard of 100% jib position for outboard lead.
- Two Schaefer 32-33UC screw-pin type jib/genoa lead blocks.
- Two Schaefer 05-99 snatch blocks for spinnaker twings.
- Two Stainless t-track slider cars.
- Asymmetric spinnaker deck gear including: two Harken 1969 (75mm) Airblocks mounted on “U” bolts near stem pulpit and one 1969 75mm AirBlock mounted on anchor roller.
- Flagstaff mounted in 316 SS deck socket with 4’ x 6’ American flag.
- ORC Bow pulpit of 316 SS with double rail offshore navigation lights and forward gate.
- ORC Stem rails of 316 SS w/2 rail split design including a stem boarding gate to starboard and stem light.
- Tapered 316 SS lifeline stanchions with SS bases mounted to toerail.
- Double lifelines with boarding gates to P&S.
- Padded Sunbrella lifeline covers for each lifeline outboard of helmsman’s station w/color to match dodger & bimini.
- Two 10” bow cleats, two 8” stem cleats, two 8” amidships cleats.
- Custom designed 316 SS bow roller/stemhead to accommodate Simpson-Lawrence Delta 35,45 & CQR 35,45 and Bruce 45 anchors.
- Seven Lewmar Ocean series articulated, bronze tinted acrylic hatches: size 70 on foredeck, size 60 in main cabin, four size 12 over forward cabin, aft cabin, shower, and head and one size 10 in aft head.
- White framed Bomar opening ports w/screens in cabin trunk and in cockpit walls for aft quarter cabin and head.
- Acrylic companion way hatch and two-part acrylic offshore drop-boards with inside/outside opening, lockable hasp.
- Four 12x20 and two 12x24 poly mesh line bags, one foredeck double line-bag.
- Four Vetus 4” dorade cowl ventilators to service forward cabin and head and main cabin. Removable stainless guards for forward dorades.
- 316 SS swim ladder with gray PVC treads mounted on swim platform. SS step with PVC tread mounted on transom.
J-Boat Installed Options
- Seafrost mechanical refrigeration driven off engine; Seafrost supplemental 12V refrigeration system.
- Additional Plates & Controls for converting outboard ice box into freezer.
Supplementary Power Package
- Additional 210 amp Lifeline AGM Battery for total of 630 amps for house banks (location is in lieu of bottom nav station drawer).
- Heart Freedom 25 Inverter/Charger (in lieu of standard ProMariner 30-3 charger).
- Heart Echo Charger (to service engine start battery through AC system).
- Heart Link 2000 Battery Monitor (for two house battery banks).
- Heart Link 10 Battery Monitor (for engine battery).
Cruising Accessory Package
- Cockpit Table (varnished).
- Companionway Screens (oiled)—located under port pilot birth.
- SSB Copper Ground Plane.
- Insulated Backstay.
- Mastervolt 7.5 KW Generator with sound insulation cover.
- Marine Air 23,000 BTU Air Conditioning, two-zone 110 volt system, with 16,000 BTU unit mounted in fwd hanging locker and cooling the v-berth and main cabin; a 7000 BTU unit mounted in strb aft laserette and cooling the strb aft cabin. Includes upgraded shorepower service to 50 amp 110 VAC.
- Lewmar 64CEST two speed electric primary winches; duplicate controls installed near helm.
- Microwave oven in galley.
- Inner forestay deck prep Package w/Deck Tang & Additional Mast Turning Block for Halyard.
- Sea water washdown in anchor locker.
- Varnished teak toe rails and varnished teak exterior hand rails.
- Three blade Maxprop feathering prop with spurs.
- Chrome covered compass.
- Chrome dorade cowl vents.
- Two extra clutches on cabin top.
- 6 sheave organizer instead of standard.
- Incandescent lights in forward head.
- Leather covered grab bar and side handles for dodger.
- Fire Extinguisher/engine shut down in main engine and generator compartment.
- CO 2 hand-held fire extinguisher mounted in aft head behind galley; three additional hand-held fire extinguishers.
- EPIRB mounted in aft head.
- Six person Avon life raft with on deck mounted cradle.
- 9’4” Zodiac dinghy with removable hard bottom (motor not included).
- Custom removable storage box for dingy fuel tank.
- Custom removable motor mount and hoist on stem rail, extra grab handle by stern gate, removable stainless steel crane to lift motor.
- Radio/CD player, DVD player, custom cherry speaker covers.
- 19” TV on a custom mounted swivel in starboard forward compartment.
- Custom interior cushions and fabric.
- Custom cold air circulation system added to icebox.
- Custom dividers installed in port and starboard lazarettes.
- Custom extension on mast for pigstick; three pigsticks.
- Custom sheet hanging bar in port cockpit locker.
- Custom removable storage tray in port cockpit locker.
- Sailcloth divider in port cockpit locker.
- Lee cloths for settee berths in main cabin.
- Yanmar engine kit with some engine replacement parts.
- Assortment of winch handles and blocks in drawer under the nav station seat.
- 45 lb. CQR anchor, 40’ chain, 250 £ rode.
- Varnished mahogany flagstaff.
- Varnished boat hook.
- VC offshore bottom paint.
- Additional mirrors in cabins and head.
- Chafe strips to protect varnished rails at port and starboard gates.
- Propane grill; deck plate and extra propane hose in propane locker to serve the propane grill.
- Radar reflector; bosuns chair; ditch kit.
- 10 glasses. Plates, cereal bowls, cups.
- Ships clock and barometer.
- Jack line for harness tethers, 8 statutory life vests and some inflatable vests, statutory bell; statutory horn, life sling.
- Four fenders and four docking lines.
Items onboard, not specifically listed, not included except at the discretion of the owner. Painting on main saloon bulkhead
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.