2005 J Boats J/160
Yacht price :
The "SEPTEMBER MORNING" It is hard to find superlatives that adequately describe SEPTEMBER MORNING (name reserved). The owners had already built, commissioned and cruised J 160, #11 and were about to put a deposit on a new J/65 when they decided that they could achieve their goals with a new J/160 loaded with custom touches and built with no compromises.
The most distinctive touch was the creation of a queen size island berth forward, with an ensuite head and shower aft and to port. The result was spectacular and the ergonomics a vast improvement over the Pullman master berth on the prior 34 hulls.
In the main cabin, a custom table was created and the port settee optimized for dining as well as stretching out amidships.
Having been wooed by some “luxury” brands in their evaluation of the perfect next boat, the owners specified high gloss cherry surrounds for the high polished sinks and of course, Sea Gull purified water in both heads and the galley. The galley was upgraded with black marble (honeycomb cored) counter tops. Gloss trim and sole make SEPTEMBER MORNING sparkle. Air conditioning and Espar heat of course.
On deck, as the owner and his bride had sensitive back conditions, there are six two speed electric Harken winches and hydraulic head sail furling, plus six manual winches for lighter or less frequent tasks. The deck itself is a customized layout, therefore instead of the regular gelcoat finish, it was Awlgripped so no gel coat crazing.
While the 160 is a dream to handle under power, a retractable bow thruster was included in the specification to insure there were no heroic docking experiences.
Captain maintained since day one, SEPTEMBER MORNING will impress regardless of your standards.
Brokers too frequently use the phrase "absolutely must be seen to be appreciated", but it is, and this phrase has never been used in a more accurate fashion than in advising clients for the J/160 SEPTEMBER MORNING!
- J Boats
- South Freeport, ME, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- September Morning
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 53 ft - 16.15 meter
- 53 ft - 16.15 meter
- 14 ft 6 in - 4.42 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Direct Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 98 (Individual), 98 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- Fresh Water Tank:
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Measurements-LOA: 53 ft LWL: 47 ft 6 in Beam: 14 ft 6 in Min. Draft: 8 ft 8 in Ballast: 11,000 lb Displacement: 31,000 lb Displacement Type: Half Load Fresh Water Tanks #: 2 Fresh Water Tanks Material: Stainless Steel Number of Heads: 2
Propulsion-Engine #1 Engine Make: Yanmar Primary Engines: Inboard Drive Type: Direct Drive Hours: unknown Power: 98 hp Propeller Type: 3 Blade Propeller Material: Alloy
As richly appointed as any custom yacht, the J/160 interior features a fully varnished cherry interior with varnished teak and holly soles. There is an abundance of natural light and ventilation with sixteen opening ports, five hatches, and two large polished stainless steel dorades. She is also equipped with three units of reverse cycle air conditioning (heating & cooling) as well as an Espar diesel cabin heater, when one wishes to to avoid the use of the generator. Superb 12 Volt interior lighting throughout with numerous overhead dome style lamps and swivel reading lamps at all berths and settees.
Starting forward, the Master Stateroom features a queen size island berth with four large lockers under, plus six outboard double lockers and bureau; hanging locker aft. The Master Head is aft and to port and features VacuFlush head, polished stainless steel sink with Sea Gull filtration, and separate shower stall with teak seat and grate.
Next aft is the Main Salon with large U-shaped settee to port and straight settee to starboard. The port settee was custom designed and built to allow a couple to stretch out at the forward and aft ends whether to read or comfortably watch the TV which is centered over the starboard settee. Outboard of both settees are lockers and book cases. Dining is from a large pedestal table with storage compartment within that could easily seat eight.
The Galley includes a large freezer and refrigerator with Sea Frost holding plates and engine drive and shore power (or gen set) compressors.
• Black granite counter tops • Polished stainless steel double sink • Sea Gull water filtration • Force 10 3 burner propane stove/oven/broiler • Tappan microwave oven • Generous storage
Continuing aft to starboard is a Guest Stateroom with a large double berth with bureau, hanging locker and private head/shower access. The Guest Head is located just forward with access opposite the galley and from the starboard Guest Stateroom and has Sea Gull water filtration, cherry counter with polished stainless steel sink.
Opposite to port is a second Guest Stateroom with single berth with ample storage outboard and in bureau. Splendide washer/dryer combo in a locker forward.
• 20" color flat panel TV with DVD player • Xintex LPG solenoid with sniffer & alarm • VacuFlush freshwater heads • Splendide washer/dryer combo • Polished stainless steel ports in lieu of white powder coated aluminum
Sails, Mast, Rigging- Hall Spars keel stepped tapered triple spreader Carbon Fiber mast and boom in lieu of the standard aluminum. The mast and boom were re-Awlgripped in 2014.
• Hall carbon whisker pole • Short carbon removable sprit integrated into bow hardware (no hull penetration) • Rod rigging with Nav Tech hydraulic back stay adjuster and boom vang • Harken hydraulic jib furling • 2013 Main, carbon D4 laminate with taffeta, Battcars, Dutchman and single reef• 2013 Blade jib, carbon D4 laminate with taffeta, roller furling • 2008 Blade jib, Hydranet Tri-Radial roller furling • 2004 Main with three reefs, Tri-Radial Spectra cruising laminate • 2004 Asymmetrical 1.5 oz spinnaker (used once?) • 2004 140% Tri-Radial Spectra cruising laminate roller furling Genoa • 2 Harken electric 2 speed self tailing primaries • 2 Harken electric 2 speed self tailing secondaries • 2 Harken electric 2 speed self tailing main and jib halyard winches • 6 Harken 2 speed self tailing winches for main sheet and traveler lines and mid deck halyards. Primary winches all have remotes at the helm.
Electronics-(All B & G Zeus, all H3000 MFDs, all AWAs new 2016)
At Navigation Station- • B & G Zeus Z12 plotter radar • B & G H3000 MFD • Icom M424 VHF • Icom M802 SSB • ACR Gfix EPIRB
At Companionway-• B & G Zeus Z8 plotter radar • 2 B & G H3000 MFDs • B & G Expanded AWA • B & G AWA
At Helm- • B & G Zeus Z8 plotter radar • Starboard: B & G H3000 MFD and B & G Hercules Auto Pilot • Port: B & G H3000 MFD and magnified AWA• Icom RAM mic • Intellian Satellite TV dome
Mechanical-Yanmar 4JH2-DTBE turbo diesel, showing 1895 hours provides an 8 knot cruise with a 3 blade Max Prop in an Aquamet 1.5" stainless steel shaft.
• Edson engine controls • Engine compartment lighting • Engine space fire protection • Aqua drive coupling for noise and vibration dampening • Racor fuel filter • Shaft fitted with Spur Cutter • Edson steering system • 3 Units of Dometic Marine Air air conditioning totaling 32,000 BTUs • Espar diesel heat 30,000 BTUs • 2 Macerator pumps • In line back up freshwater pump • 2 manual bilge pumps • 1 electric bilge pump • High water bilge alarm
Electrical-Wired for 12 Volt DC and 110 Volt AC service. A new 2018 Northern Lights 6.5 KW generator showing 103 hours as of date of listing handles the heavier load AC electrical needs when off the dock while a Mastervolt 2500 watt inverter handles lighter loads.
12 Volt DC- • Distribution panel with breakers • Digital Amp & Volt meters • 2 4D AGM house batteries • 2 Slimline AGM inverter batteries (820 total amp hours house & inverter batteries) • 1 Group 31 and 1 Group 24 AGM engine and generator start batteries• 200 amp alternator
110 Volt AC- • Distribution panel with breakers • Digital Volt & Amp meters • 2 30 amp shore connections aft to starboard • 2 50' 30 amp shore power cords • 11 Outlets • 12 gallon hot water heater (also engine supplied) • 2 80 amp Mastervolt battery chargers for redundancy
Deck and Hull-Fiberglass hull and deck with only Vinyl ester resin in the entire hull laminate vs. the standard J 160/ with Vinyl ester in the exterior laminate only. Cored with Aircraft grade end grain balsa and built using the patented "SCRIMP" resin infusion system. As built, the decks were finished with Awlgrip and the hull was Awlgripped when new in Flag Blue with a gold cove stripe and white/blue/white boot stripe. The bottom is finished with Micron 66 anti fouling with some build up. Again, as built, she has a custom laminate schedule with carbon fiber in the laminate from the forward end of the keel grid to the stem extending approximately 1' either side from center line.
• Retractable Side Power bow thruster (new 2015) • Carbon reinforced hull laminate • Lewmar electric Windlass with chain and rope drums with hand held remote forward and remote at helm • Suncor 46 lb anchor with chain & rode total app 200' • 4 Chrome dorades, forward 2 teak boxes • Teak cockpit sole • Extended dodger with leather grab rails both sides and aft • Bimini • Awning • Canvas snap on covers for all exterior brightwork • 6 person Zodiac canister raft • MOM and Lifesling• 8 Type II and Type I Life jackets • Nylon harnesses and tethers • 5 Fire extinguishers • Flare kit • Horn & Bell • First Aid Kit
Additional-This J/160 was built after the owners' near decade long experience with a previous J/160. They considered all of the elite builders looking for a boat that could go offshore providing exceptional comfort and ease of handling and perhaps do some racing along the way. They considered all of the elite builders - Hinckley, Morris and others - but came back to J/Boats and did a brand new J/160 with features that were important to them. All of the more substantive options are listed below followed by post build upgrades or replacements of note:
• The only J/160 ever built with a custom island queen berth layout in the Master Stateroom. • The only J/160 ever built with only Vinyl ester resin in the hull vs. Vinyl ester resin in the exterior laminate and polyester in the balance of the laminate • The only J/160 ever built with carbon fiber in the laminate schedule extending from the keel grid to the bow and flaring out along the water line P&S extending aft. • The only J/160 with a retractable bow thruster • The only J/160 ever built with stainless steel in lieu of plastic water tanks • The only J/160 ever built with a larger than standard holding tank forward • The only J/160 ever built with a custom deck layout and finished with Awlgrip as built (no crazing) • Carbon Fiber mast and boom • 6 electric winches, primaries, secondaries, main and jib halyards in lieu of manual • Remotes for winches at the helm • Harken hydraulic Genoa Furler • All Harken deck gear in lieu of other manufacturer's gear • Remotes for hydraulic back stay and vang at helm • Custom carbon fiber wheel • 4 polished chrome dorades in lieu of 2 vinyl dorades • 30,000 BTU Espar diesel cabin heat• 3 units of Dometic Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning • Polished stainless steel ports in lieu of Awlgripped aluminum • 3 blade Max Prop in lieu of standard and spur cutter on shaft • Ocean blinds screen/blinds on all hatches • Fully varnished cherry interior • Custom entertainment center to starboard • Custom U-shaped port settee • Raised panel doors • Several other custom joiner work upgrades • Granite galley counter tops on honeycomb substrate in lieu of standard • Fresh water wash down forward • Dome lights in fore peak locker and lazarettes • Upgraded reading lights • VacuFlush heads • Splendide washer/dryer • Cherry grab rails in the interior in lieu of stainless steel • Varnished teak grab rails and toe rails forward in lieu of stainless and PVC • Cedar lined hanging lockers • Many other options
Post build substantive replacements and upgrades-• 2018 new Northern Lights generator • 2015 retractable bow thruster replaced • 2014 Main and boom re-Awlgripped • 2013 new Carbon D-4 main and blade jib
Simply put, SEPTEMBER MORNING is a J/160 like no other!
Default Disclaimer -The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.