2006 Grand Banks Eastbay FB
Yacht price :
The "PERFECT ARRANGEMENT"
This exceptional Eastbay 47 by Grand Banks has had one set of loving owners. Featuring the standard two stateroom, two head layout, she has been lovingly maintained and given upgrades every year for the past decade. Originally kept in the northeast, but most recently in Florida she has always spent approximately seven months per year in inside storage during the off season. Please read the full specs for details.
(The name PERFECT ARRANGEMENT is reserved by the owners)
- Grand Banks
- Eastbay FB
- Jupiter, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Perfect Arrangement -reserved
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 47 ft - 14.33 meter
- 47 ft 6 in - 14.48 meter
- 15 ft - 4.57 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- 25 MPH - 21.73 KTS
- 28 MI
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Direct Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 705 (Individual), 1410 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 29 MPH - 25.2 KTS
- Fuel Tank:
- 700 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 206 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 68 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Cruising Speed: 22 kn, Cruising Speed RPM: 2000, Max Speed: 28 kn, Max Speed RPM: 2300, LOA: 47 ft 6 in, LWL: 43 ft 3 in, Beam: 15 ft, Max Bridge Clearance: 19 ft, Min. Draft: 3 ft 10 in, Dry Weight: 47900 lb, Fuel Tanks #: 1, Fuel Tanks Capacity: 700 gal, Fuel Tanks Material: GRP, Fresh Water Tanks #: 1, Fresh Water Tanks Capacity: 206 gal, Fresh Water Tanks Material: Aluminum, Holding Tanks #: 1, Holding Tank Capacity: 68 gal, Holding Tanks Material: Plastic, Number of Heads: 2
Engine#1, Engine Make: Caterpillar, Engine Model: C-12, Primary Engines: Inboard, Drive Type: Direct Drive, Location: Port, Engine Year: 2006, Hours: 1816, Power: 705 hp, Propeller Type: 5 Blade, Propeller Material: Alloy
Engine#2- Engine Make: Caterpillar, Engine Model: C-12, Primary Engines: Inboard, Drive Type: Direct Drive, Engine Year: 2006, Hours: 1825, Power: 705 hp, Propeller Type: 5 Blade, Location: Starboard, Propeller Material: Alloy
Grand Banks are known for their exquisite joiner work and this Eastbay 47 is no exception. Full satin finished varnished teak interior with gloss finished trim and varnished teak and holly sole. The companionway below is finished with white bulkheads above the chair rail. Accommodations for four, in a two stateroom layout. Superb natural light and ventilation with six opening ports, three and two smaller large hatches in the trunk cabin. The helm deck is surrounded in glass with three large windows P&S, one each side of which is a slider with screens, three windshield windows (centerline windshield opens) and three windows including one in the centerline sliding door aft. When nature does not provide, the four reverse cycle air conditioning units (heat & cool) will keep the interior at a comfortable temperature: from below freezing to temperatures above 100 degrees. Artificial lighting is equally well provided for with swivel style "tulip" lamps at each berth and settee. Numerous Cantalupi recessed lights elsewhere, most on dimmer switches. Headroom in the Salon is 6'-6" and 6'-5.5" headroom below.
Starting forward is the spacious Owner's Stateroom, featuring a centerline island queen berth below where there are two large cargo drawers. Further forward under the berth there is bin type storage for seldom required items. Aft and to port is a hanging locker and bureau, and opposite to starboard are two lockers with shelves. Access to the private Owner's Head is aft and to port; the Head features a separate stall shower, vanity with storage in lockers, Corian counter and undermount sink, fresh water supplied Dometic W.C.
Continuing aft and to starboard is the Guest Stateroom. This space features two fore and aft single berths with drawer storage under, a centerline bureau aft and large hanging locker forward and outboard.
The Guest Head is just forward and to port of the stateroom and features a separate stall shower compartment, Dometic W.C., Corian Vanity with undermount sink and storage in drawers and lockers.
Opposite the Guest Stateroom is the U-Shaped Galley featuring Corian counters, large stainless steel sink, an abundance of storage in lockers and drawers and one top load storage compartment. Chilled foodstuffs are easily handled in the Sub Zero front load refrigerator or Sea Frost top load freezer compartment With cold plates. A ceramic four burner cooktop and convection microwave handle the cooking requirements.
Up three steps (with storage under) to the Salon featuring an L-Settee to port and aft with drawers under. Dining is from Hi/Lo Pedestal table. Opposite are two swivel style barrel chairs with the entertainment system cabinet serving as an "end table" between them.
Forward and to port is a double bench seat on a high/low actuator and with a flip over back rest and chart table . Directly opposite is the lower Helm Station and starboard side door. The Lower Helm is fitted with a low back Admiral Stidd Chair.
Access to the cockpit with through the wide sliding door on centerline aft.
• KVH M4 Satellite Entertainment receiver • Sharp flat panel TV 20" in the Salon • Bose AM/FM/CD stereo in Salon with 6 speakers • Fusion Stereo AM/FM/Blue Tooth on Flying Bridge with 4 speakers • Raritan icemaker (in wet bar in cockpit) • Salon upholstery all renewed in Sea Green in 2018, Tweed on the L-settee and barrel Chairs and Ultra Suede on the bench seat • Staid Seat reupholstered in Ultra Leather Beige in 2020. • Custom wood teak blinds 2018 • Ocean Air rolling screen added to aft door 2012 • Chrome 4" clock and barometer set 2012 • Custom berth coverings and drapes in Staterooms 2020
Electronics Fully equipped for coastwise cruising at both upper and lower stations, cartography for the entire eastern seaboard is pre-loaded in the chart plotters, with extensive upgrading in 2016.
• 2 Simrad 19" flat glass color plotters 2016 • 4 kw open array Simrad radar 2016 • Simrad AIS 2016 • Simrad multi function display depth/speed 2016 • Simrad Autopilot 2016 • Icom M506 VHF with hailer and sound signals 2016 • ACR Searchlight • Ritchie 6" compass in binnacle • 3 double pantograph self parking windshield wipers with washdown • Kahlenberg air horn• Bennett Trim tabs • Side Power bow thruster control • Windlass control
• Simrad 19" color flat glass plotter with radar, GPS, AIS 2016 • Simrad Auto-pilot 2016 • Simrad multi function display for speed/depth 2016 • Icom VHF 2019 • ACR Searchlight • Standard horizon GX 2360 VHF with DSC • Ritchie 6" magnetic compass • Bennett Trim Tabs • Kahlenberg air horn • Windlass control
Wired for both 12 Volt DC and 110 Volt AC service. A 13.5kw Onan genset, showing 1100 hours as of 12/12/20, handles the heavier loads while off the dock while a 2008 Mastervolt 4000 watt inverter charger handles lighter loads.
12 Volt Service
• Switch panel with breakers • Digital Volt, Amp, & Frequency meters • (2) 110 Amp alternators • (4) 8D AGM house batteries December 2020 • (2) 8D AGM engine start batteries 2018 • Group 27 AGM Generator start battery December 2020 • DC outlets at both helm stations
110 Volt AC Service • Switch panel with breakers• Digital Volt, Amp, & Frequency meters • 50 amp shore power connection aft • Glendenning Cablemaster with 75' 50 amp shore power cord • Isolation transformer • 15 Outlets including 1 in engine room • Mastervolt 125 amp battery charger 2018 • 20 Isotherm Gallon water heater (also engine supplied) 2015
Twin fresh water cooled Caterpillar C-12 705 HP diesels with 1825 hours as of 12/12/20 turn 5 bladed propellers on 2 1/2" shafts through 2.5:1 reduction gears.
• Kobelt engine controls • Caterpillar Marine Power Displays • Dual Racor fuel filters • Fireboy engine room fire suppression with monitoring panels at helm stations • Dripless shaft seals • Fuel transfer pump • Computank fuel and water gauges 2016 • Tankwatch Waste tank monitoring system 2020 • 12 Volt engine room lighting • 110 Volt engine room lighting • Reverso electric oil change kit for engines, gears, and genset • 3 electric bilge pumps • 1 manual bilge pump • (2) Macerator pumps • Sidepower 125TC bow thruster • 3 reverse cycle air conditioning units ttl 48,000 BTUs serviced and updated 2016 • Hydraulic engine hatch lifter allowing walk in access to engine space
Recent Mechanical Service
• Engine Oil, Gear Oil and filters and fuel oil filters changed annually, "green label reports" • Cat aftercoolers changed out in 2016, pulled, cleaned and tested 2019 • Shaft seals serviced 2018 • New engine belts 2018 • All new engine hoses including exhaust hoses 2019 • New cutlass bearings 2016 • Headhunter fresh water system pump new 2012 • Dometic fresh water toilets with built in macerators 2020 • Heat exchangers, oil,and gear coolers removed cleaned and tested 2019 • Spare 4 blade propellers
The new 47 Eastbay FB reminds us that while the journey is often its own reward, it doesn't hurt to make port in time to grab a good slip. With standard twin 705-HP engines, getting there at 25+ knots leaves plenty of daylight for entertaining on the Eastbay's spacious flybridge, or unwinding in the warm glow of its graciously appointed salon. All atop a modified deep-V hull designed by Hunt Associates, for plenty of safety and stability no matter how fast - or slow - you choose to cruise. (from Grand Banks literature)
This 2006 Eastbay 47 was sold to an owner in December 2007, but the vessel never left the dealers dock nor did the owner ever spend a night aboard or put any owner gear on before deciding he preferred the Eastbay 49. It was immediately re-listed and the current, essentially original owners, purchased her in March of 2008. She was then brought north and cruised New England 4-5 months per year and stored inside each off season. Four years ago she went south with similar amounts of time spent cruising from early November through March and into April before again being stored inside in the off season.
The listing broker has over 100 hours of time running Eastbay 47s, they are truly an amazing sea boat, typical of the Hunt designed hulls - quiet, dry, and capable. They are equally easy to handle.
A list of substantive work in the past 10 years follows:
• Lower helm Stidd Seat reupholstered • New stateroom berth covers and drapes • Reupholstered Helm Stidd • All new house batteries December 2020• New Owner's head Dometic fresh water toilet • New Sealand holding tank monitor and controls • New salon carpet to compliment upholstery
• All new engine hoses • New Guest Head Dometic fresh water toilet • New generator sound shield • Aftercooler pulled, cleaned, tested • New engine hoses • New engine start batteries • Heat Exchangers, oil coolers, gear oil coolers, pulled cleaned and tested • New Flying Bridge VHF • Entire Salon reupholstered including L-Settee, barrel chairs and “navigator’s” bench seat
• Bottom stripped, barrier coated and refinished with ablative anti-fouling • Air conditioning equipment serviced and updated • Shaft seal serviced • Salon L-settee, barrel chairs and double bench seat reupholstered with tweed Sea Green upholstery • Custom teak window blinds in Salon
• Flying Bridge Stidd Seats and L-settee reupholstered
• New Sea Frost refrigeration and freezer with holding plates and external temp display • Helm and Flying Bridge electronics updates including new displays, radar scanner, GPS, AIS and depth, new Simrad multi function displays, auto pilot controls and VHF at lower station• Added Fusion stereo to flying bridge • New Bimini • New cutlass bearings • KVH system overhauled and updated
• New 20 gallon Isotherm hot water heater
• Hull Awlgripped Flag Blue • Custom Marquipt side boarding ladder with P&S side mounts • Folding transom seat reupholstered in Ultra Leather
• Custom teak covered bookcase forward of companion bench seat • Ocean Air rolling hide away screen door added to centerline door aft • New Headhunter fresh water pump
• New 4000 watt Mastervolt Inverter/Charger
Artwork, and the vessel's name do not convey with the sale.
Hull & Deck
Famous C. Raymond Hunt Assoc. designed deep vee fiberglass hull with solid fiberglass bottom and Divynicell coring above the waterline. The layout was vacuum bagged with Hydrex resin in the exterior laminate for superior blister resistance as well as being finished with epoxy barrier coat. Topside finish is Awlgrip Flag Blue and was done in 2014. The Boot top is likewise Awlgrip 2014. The bottom is finished with blue ablative anti-fouling and was stripped, barrier coated and refinished in 2018.
The decks and house are partially cored fiberglass with two tone non-skid painted on Moon Dust Awlgrip on white gel coat. The cockpit has a teak decking overlay which is glued down.
Spacious full width cockpit with spiral steps leading to the flying bridge and easy steps up to the side decks. Three large lazarettes capable of handling all of the loose gear one might desire to stow. At the forward end of the cockpit there is a locker with shelves to starboard and optional Miele electric grill and wet bar with Raritan ice maker and sink to port. On centerline the steps accessing the salon are on a hydraulic lift and pop up to provide walk in access to the engine room. PERFECT ARRAGNEMENT is equipped with the optional 3-4 person transom seat aft.
Wide side decks with waist high polished stainless steel safety rails with gates P&S provide easy access going forward. Polished stainless steel anchor pulpit, deep lockers for fenders and lines P&S at the bow.
The spiral steps from the cockpit access the flying bridge featuring a generous L-Settee to starboard under which there is bin type storage. A varnished teak pedestal table provides space for dining. Two Stidd high back seats for the Capt. and Navigator. The Stidd seats and L-settee were reupholstered in Ultra Leather in 2017.
• Maxwell Nilsson electric windlass with chain & rope drums; controls at the bow and both helm stations • 65 lb. plow with 300' chain • Fortress FX37 2nd anchor with 200' of chain and rode • Fresh water wash down forward • Blue bimini • L-Settee, table, Stidd seat, helm covers • Textaline covers for all windows, windshield and door windows • Fresh water wash down and H&C transom shower aft • Transom door • Teak swim platform • Flip down stainless swim ladder • Custom Marquipt aluminum side boarding ladder 2014 with P&S midship mounting brackets • Custom stainless steel Edson detachable davits 2008 • 4 fenders with cover• 6 braided docklines • 6 Type II PFDs • 6 Type II PFDs • Life Ring • Flare Kit • 4 fire extinguishers • Varnished teak ensign and yacht club burgee staffs • Stainless deck hardware including pop up cleats for fenders • Custom aluminum mast with Awlgrip finish with 21'-4" bridge clearance • Courtesy lights • Sunbrella hatch and name board covers • Stamoid cockpit "storage cover" • Stamoid cockpit harbor bimini
Disclaimer -The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.