2006 J Boats J/42
Yacht price :
The "JULIET" J/42, Hull #76, the next to last to be built, is an exceptional vessel, on her second owner who has had her since near new she has cruised the shores of New England and been in storage 7-8 months per year. She has been maintained to a high standard as your personal inspection will verify. The full cherry interior with raised panel doors and the J/42L upgrade (see full specs) make her a delight to be aboard. Recent improvements include a 2014 head sail and 2016 main! One item of note is this J/42 was built using Ferro gel-coat and has NO CRAZING!
- J Boats
- South Freeport, ME, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 42 ft - 12.8 meter
- 42 ft - 12.8 meter
- 12 ft 2 in - 3.71 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Direct Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 56 (Individual), 56 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- Fresh Water Tank:
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Measurements-LOA: 42 ft LWL: 35 ft 1 in Beam: 12 ft 2 in Min. Draft: 6 ft 7 in Ballast: 7000 lb Displacement: 19700 lb Displacement Type: Dry Load Number of Heads: 2
Propulsion-Engine #1, Engine Make: Yanmar Engine Model: 4JH3-BE Primary Engines: Inboard Drive Type: Direct Drive Hours: unknown Power: 56 hp Propeller Type: 3 Blade Propeller Material: Alloy
Vessel Walk Thru-
JULIET benefits from the enhanced L (for live aboard) interior. All bulkheads and ceilings are cherry and extra storage abounds in all areas. The sole is teak and holly.
Starting forward, the V-berth is extra spacious with three drawers built into the aft face of the berth plus three more in the bureau and another locker at the forward end of the berth. Aft of the bureau is the Hanging Locker to starboard and aft to port is the Forward Head.
The Salon is next aft with a 6'-6" L-shaped settee to port and straight settee to starboard. The starboard settee has storage behind the back cushions with locking doors and two other louvered cherry lockers above with a book case in the middle.
The Port Settee features storage behind the cushions with locking doors and twin louvered cherry lockers and book case outboard. Dining is from a varnished cherry pedestal table with storage units built in and provides space to easily entertain six to seven.
Aft and to port is the classic "J" shaped Galley with three burner Force Ten stove with oven and broiler, (Xintex propane solenoid) double opening refrigerator and double stainless sink with hot cold pressure water. The refrigerator and freezer is 12 Volt Sea Frost and freezer is likewise cooled by a Sea Frost compressor.
Aft of the galley is the Guest/Day Head with generous wet locker outboard.
Aft and to starboard is the Nav. Station followed by the Guest Cabin which has a hanging locker, bureau and storage.
Sails & Rigging-
Keel stepped, double spreader, tapered aluminum mast and boom with 1x19 stainless steel wire rigging.
• Lewmar 50 ST 2 speed primaries (located further aft than standard to facilitate single handed sailing) • Lewmar 44 ST 2 speed secondaries • Lewmar 44 ST 2 speed jib/main halyard and reefing line winch • Lewmar 44 ST 2 speed spinnaker halyard, topping lift, Cunningham winch • Hall rigid quick vang • Harken Mark III Roller furling with removable drum • Harken adjustable Genoa tracks • Dutchman flaking system for mainsail • Mast top & spreader flag halyards • Mast top LED light for reading Windex • Vermont Sailing Partners full battened Dacron laminate main 2016 with 2 reef points • Maine Sailing Partners 100% cruise laminate jib 2014 • 3/4 oz. Quantum asymmetrical cruising spinnaker • Quantum storm jib (orange) used once to check fit 2007 • Quantum Mylar/Dacron main 2006 • Quantum Mylar/Dacron 140% Genoa 2006
Equipped for coastal cruising with all Navionics located in the cockpit.
• Raymarine C-120 color radar/GPS/plotter & 2 kw radome 2009 • Raymarine 7000 Autopilot with wireless remote • Raymarine ST 60 Wind Point & Speed • Raymarine ST 60 Depth • Raymarine ST 60 Speed/Log • Icom M402 VHF with DSC (at Nav. Station) • Raymarine ST 60 Tridata (at Nav. Station) • Single Side Band grounding plate molded into hull
The 56 hp Yanmar diesel is mounted aft of the companionway steps and is in a well insulated space that is easily accessible by virtue of removable panels on all sides. The engine turns a 3 blade Max Prop on a 1 1/4" Aquamet shaft through a Kanzaki 2.6:1 reduction gear.
• Dual Racor fuel filters • Edson engine controls • Seafrost 12 Volt refrigeration • Fuel tank gauges • Edson rack & pinion wheel steering • Electric bilge pump • Manual bilge pump • Marelon through hulls • "Spur" Line Cutter
Wired for both 12 Volt DC and 110 Volt AC service.
12 Volt DC-• Switch panel with breakers • Digital Volt meter• 3 Group 27 house batteries • 1 Group 24 engine start battery • 80 amp Balmar alternator • Guest battery isolator
110 Volt AC-• Switch panel with breakers • Outlets • 30 amp battery charger • Water heater (also engine supplied) • 30 amp shore power connection aft • 50' 30 amp shore power cord
Hull & Deck-
White gel coated hull with end grain balsa coring built with the patented SCRIMP process for superior strength, weight reduction, and insulation. Dark blue/white boot top and cove stripe. The bottom is finished in ablative black anti fouling. The outer laminates are laid up in Vinyl ester resin for superior moisture resistance and anti blistering. (J/Boats was the first company to offer a ten year warranty on blistering).
Partially cored two tone fiberglass decks (mist grey non-skid on white) with double stainless steel stanchion, bow and stern rails with gates P&S. Of particular note this J/42 was built using Ferro gel-coat well after the era of gel-coat crazing or defects, there is virtually no gel coat crazing anywhere, a huge plus over other J/42s.
An expansive cockpit provides plenty of seating and is long enough for one to lay out "under the stars". Voluminous sail locker port side the two large lazarettes aft as well as the propane locker with two bottles. Wide side decks lead forward. Large anchor locker easily handles the chain and rode while leaving plenty of room for additional items.
• Lewmar electric windlass with chain and rope drum • 53 lb Rocna with 50' chain and 150' rode new 2017 • 18 lb Danforth secondary anchor with chain and app 150' rode • Mid ship spring line chocks & cleats • Fresh water H&C cockpit shower • Outboard Motor Mount• Dodger • Cockpit cushions • Custom full cockpit enclosure with both screens and stratoglass • 3 fenders • 4 dock lines • 6 PFD's • Lifesling • Bell • Horn • 3 3 lb ABC dry chem fire extinguishers • Flare kit
Default Disclaimer -The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.