2012 MJM Yachts 40z Downeast
Yacht price :
This MJM 40Z is in immaculate condition.
Located at Dodson Boatyard in Stonington, CT available and ready for your private showing.
- MJM Yachts
- 40z Downeast
- Stonington, CT, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Deep Vee
- Hull Color:
- Flag Blue
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 40 ft - 12.19 meter
- 12 ft - 3.66 meter
- Draft - max:
- 3 ft 3 in - 0.99 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 10 ft - 3.05 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Volvo Penta
- IPS 500
- Cruise Speed:
- 28 MPH - 24.33 KTS
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Pod Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 370 (Individual), 740 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 40 MPH - 34.76 KTS
- Fuel Tank:
- 350 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 110 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 30 gallons - 1 tank(s)
The primary design goal for the 40z was to create a 40 foot powerboat that would handle like a 30-footer at idle speeds in tricky docking situations. The Volvo-Penta IPS or joystick control technology makes this goal a reality. The IPS system works with twin pod drives under the hull. When conventional twin-engine controls are in neutral, a single joystick takes over with fingertip control. There are no thrusters. Through a unique computer program, each drive unit is independently operated in terms of direction, rpm and forward-reverse gear. This system works far more intuitively than conventional twin shaft drives or joystick/thruster operated jet drives.
- Side-opening doors (P&S) overcome a common problem, getting aboard or getting off when handling docklines.
- Single-level seating for as many as 15 at cocktail time or for a family picnic
- Roll-up side/aft curtains and fully-opening windshields to regulate airflow in the pilothouse to suit conditions.
- Large (60x78) island berth and separate shower in owner stateroom.
- Two convertible guest cabins, one with dinette option.
- 40z can be trucked overland without penalty. Width doesn’t exceed 12 feet and height on a trailer is less than 13.5 feet.
• Fixed 78"x60" island double berth in quilted Ultra-Leather memory foam mattress.
• 4 storage drawers and large below-berth storage compartment
• Storage shelves over berth (P&S) also serve as handholds when rising from berth
• Framed cherry wood forward bulkhead with 2 recessed book cases and double access doors to the large forepeak anchor locker.
• Combination bureau/entertainment center with cabinet, drawer & shoe locker, Corian counter and upper storage shelf.
• Hanging locker to port with storage over shelf
• Private access to head and shower
• 3 Stainless double hooks for clothing
• Dressing mirror on forward face of entry door Head
• The portside combination head/shower is accessible from either the forward stateroom or the main salon
• Corian counter with polished stainless oval sink. The sink has a mixer valve spigot and a pullout flexible hose with soft-spray to use as a second shower accessible from the main salon.
• Paneled cherry storage locker outboard with sliding doors and towel storage shelf above.
• Full length mirror inside door
• Locker under sink with stainless TP holder
• Towel rings and hooks
• Vent hatch and port light.
• Floor drain and gray water overboard system
• Spacious dinette table lowers with electronic control to form a 40"-44" wide, 78" long berth. Heavy opaque linen curtain anchors to ceiling to form a private double cabin with vertical zipper entry. 5" Ultraleather covered memory foam insert is stored in a vinyl bag.
• 2 large opening ports with screens, 2 skylight hatches and 2 cabin portlights to maximize ventilation, sense of space and light.
• The companionway is designed to function like a normal stairway with stainless grab rails and safe, sanded teak companionway with 2 steps down. Shoe locker and/or tool storage under steps.
• 6'4" of standing headroom on centerline
• Clear Awlgrip gloss-finished teak & holly cabin sole with storage compartment for large plastic bins.
• Off-white Nevamar HPL paneling with cherry trim. Foam backed vinyl headliner with satin-varnished cherry ceiling battens.
• Access door to head with integral shower.
• Corian counter top with framed and paneled cabintry with push-button hardware.
• Recessed polished stainless steel sink with removable Corian cover and stainless combination faucet.
• 3 Flatware & utensil drawers with Rubbermade organizer
• Stainless Isotherm 5.5 cu.ft. 2-drawer fridge/freezer with icemaker plumbed from the water purifier.
• Dry goods cabinet with sliding doors and intermediate shelf running the full length of the galley.
• Chinaware & glass storage and rinsing compartment outboard of the sink with drain and vent.
• Under counter storage locker for large pots/pans and cleaning supplies.
• Flip lid access panel to large Rubbermade trash bin.
• Overhead safety handrail and towel drying bar.
• Ceramic 2-burner electric stove with pop-up retainers
• Convection/microwave 5-way oven
• Double stainless hooks for hotpads and dishtowels.
• Extended shelf with grab-rail fiddle above the galley suitable for chart storage, cutting boards, etc.
• Raymarine E-127 Chartplotter at the helm station
• Raymarine E-95 Chartplotter with separate GPS antenna at Nav Station
• Raymarine I70 Depth Display
• Raymarine P70 Autopilot
• HD Digital Radar Dome
• Icom IC-M504A VHF/Hailer
• Raymarine AIS650 Transceiver
• Clarion Stereo with Ipod/MP3 Jacks, 400W Amp, 2 Bose Cubes & 6 Clarion Speakers Electrical
• Northern Lights 6KW Generator
• Marineair 16,000 BTU air conditioning system servicing both the pilothouse and interior
• Wallas thermostat controlled diesel heater with adjustable louvered vents to the pilothouse, main saloon, head and forward cabin.
• Custom backlit electrical panel with 25-12v DC breakers and 12-110v AC breakers, stainless breaker guards and digital DC and AC monitors
• 110v AC system with Mastervolt inverter/charger
• Shore power system with 2-50' white Marinco cords
• 6 stainless GFCI duplex outlets
• Volvo-Penta standard 125 amp alternators
• Blue Seas battery combiners
• Galvanic isolator
• LED lighting throughout----4 Cabin reading lights, 4 Over head lights in the galley, 2 in the head, 2 in the shower, 4 in the saloon, 4 in the forepeak, 2 at the piloting console and 4 in the pilothouse on dimmer switches
• 3 courtesy lights in the cockpit and head
• Engine compartment lights
• 700-ampere hour absorbed glass-mat battery capacity with 2-Group 8D 245 AH house and 3-Group 31 105 AH engine and generator batteries
• LED navigation and anchoring lights
• Bonded electrical system and underwater fittings
• Field serviceable electrical system with bundled/numbered wires with Deutsch O-ring waterproof connectors. Plumbing
• Pressure hot/cold water with Johnson Aqua Jet Duo variable-speed water pressure pump.
• 13-gallon stainless steel hot water heater
• 100-gallon polyethylene fresh water tank
• Dockside water inlet with check-valve pressure regulator
• General Ecology Seagull IV purification system
• Scanvik hot/cold shower on swim platform
• High pressure fresh water washdown in port cockpit locker with 50' of hose & nozzle.
• 3 Jabsco Rule 1100 automatic bilge pumps
• Vacuflush head system with 30 gallon holding tank equipped with pump out and macerator discharge.
• Back-up Bosworth high-capacity cockpit-operated manual bilge pump. • Centralized gray water discharge system through transom to minimize thru-hulls.
• Gray wayer sump with inspection port for shower, head, icebox and AC condensate.
• Marelon non-corrosive thru-hulls/seacocks with strainers and double clamped hose.
Hull & Deck Hull
• Modified deep-V offshore hull design with sharp entry and moderate beam having dual lifting strakes, chine flats, 19-degree transom deadrise carried forward 13 feet for stability at rest a dry ride and level acceleration.
• ISO (CE Mark) Certified for Ocean Category A use and further engineered to meet ISO structural standards for a vessel capable of 45 knots in 21ft. seas.
• Solid keel, stem and transom corners backed by a structural grid using unidirectional E-glass/epoxy GRP to minimize damage from impact.
• 2 Side entry doors onto the cockpit sole
• Transom door to swim platform
• PVC guardrail and quarter-guard with high-polish stainless steel rub strips.
• 4 Lewmar hull opening ports in forward cabinand main saloon with screens and shades.
• Molded swim platform with recessed dinghy cleats.
• Custom Armstrong stainless swim ladder and grab rail
• 17 Stainless Steel grab rails located on the pilothouse corner posts, hardtop, cabin top, under the hardtop, on the aft seat backs, galley overhead, outboard on the piloting consol and either side of the companionway entrance.
• 29" cockpit guardrail
• 24' bow rail with 400,000 c.p. spotlight and 16" burgee staff mount
• Muir anchor windlass with both deck and cockpit controls.
• Auto-launching polished stainless claw anchor with 250' of rode and 25' of stainless chain.
• Anchor & chain and rode fresh water washdown
• Polished stainless steel bow guard
• Custom stainless steel multi-directional bow chocks
• Varnished teak storage drawers under the piloting seats
• Large pilothouse settee lockers both Port and Starboard with piston-activated lockable lids, vinyl flooring and mesh organizer bags.
• Cockpit seat lockers both port and starboard side
• 36"x30" single-leaf gloss-varnished teak table with fiddles
• Pilothouse settees with Ultraleather cushions and backrests(color: Promessa Cashmere) that convert to 6.5' berths.
• 8 Lewmar overhead deck hatches
• 6 cabin trunk opening ports with screen in the forward cabin, head, shower, galley and main saloon.
• Gloss-varnished, paneled & louvered, lockable (from inside and out) sliding teak companionway door with 4 sectioned hinged cover. The cover is equipped with a chartbook retainer and fiddle.
• Teak & Thiokol pilothouse decking
• Teak & Thiokol aft cockpit decking and deck step
• Cockpit cover to protect the teak cockpit
• Full width stern seat in bolstered Ultraleather (color: Promessa Cashmere)
• Stamoid rain and sun cover for stern seat