2013 Gozzard 41
Yacht price :
The Gozzard 41 is a solidly constructed, extended range, blue water yacht designed primarily for the live aboard cruising life style. Particular attention has been made towards the needs, comfort and safety of a cruising couple while offering ample accommodations for guests. The quality of the vessel is such that it will have an extended service life and maintain its value well beyond a more standard production yacht. FOXY LADY is fully loaded with furling mainsail, generator, A/C, solar panels, bow/stern thrusters and much more! A showing will not disappoint!
- Stonington, CT, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Foxy Lady
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 41 ft - 12.5 meter
- 47 ft - 14.33 meter
- 13 ft - 3.96 meter
- Draft - max:
- 5 ft 3 in - 1.6 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Direct Drive
- Fuel Type:
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 151 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 115 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 52 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
The Gozzard 41 is a solidly constructed, extended range, blue water yacht designed primarily for the live aboard cruising life style. Particular attention has been made towards the needs, comfort and safety of a cruising couple while offering ample accommodations for guests. The quality of the vessel is such that it will have an extended service life and maintain its value well beyond a more standard production yacht.
Sail Plan: Foxy Lady utilizes and optimized traditional cutter rig. To eliminate having to manually tack both head sails and the need for a club footed staysail, a self-tending staysail on a curved traveler track forward of the mast is used. To simplify things further, the typical mainsail traveler has been eliminated; instead the mainsail leach control is maintained with the use of the solid boom vang with a cascade purchase system which is lead afte into the cockpit. With the extremely wide chain plate base, the slots can be more open reducing back winding and the need to have the boom near the centerline for the boat while sailing upwind.
The sail plan for the G41 is designed to be a powerful rig to take full advantage of the improvements made with the new hull form. Of note, the aspect ratio and overall size of the staysail has been increased over older designs to help fill the gap at 15 to 18 knots when most crews tend to shorten the topsail by furling it completely away. The combination of the self tending staysail and mainsail makes the G41 very easy to sail in the higher wind ranges while being very powerful in the lighter air conditions when all sails can be utilized.
- The standard interior wood is American cherry. The louvered cabinet doors feature a 4-way adjustable hinge to allow easy adjustment to compensate for wood movement. All drawers are dove tailed and are installed on sliders.
- All main bulkheads are FRP cored structures with cherry veneer faces. All trims, fiddles, face frames, kicks and doors are solid cherry and have the backside and end grain cuts sealed. All furniture and cabinets constructed with plywood have the end cuts finished with solid stock so they can not absorb water. All end grains are sealed.
- Cabin soles are teak and basswood (tongue and groove) and are made from solid stock not veneer. The sole is glued to a structural FRP structure and access panels are provided where required. All bilge panels have locks or are fastened securely.
- Red/white overhead in the aft cabin, forward cabin, galley and nav station.
- Hella high intensity fluorescent lights in head and main cabin
- Nicro LED courtesy lights are located on the companionway stairs, main walk way and galley kick with the switch at the companionway
- LED reading lights are mounted where required
- LED counter light package.
- Large wrap around galley countertop. The counter is made of cultured marble. All sinks are recessed under the counter for total drainage and have back splashes.
- Deep stainless steel sink with Hot/cold water pressure, seagull filtered water system and manual seawater pump.
- (2) 120v outlets
- Kenmore microwave. This oven can be used both at the dock using the shore power or underway using the inverter.
- Force 10 3-burner stove top and oven
- Top access seafrost refrigerator with additional cold drawer below
- Top access seafrost freezer
- Sea Frost refrigerator and freezer units with digital displays (12v)
- Generous storage throughut the galley
- Fireboy propane gas sniffer
- The Xantec propane detector
- Walking down the companionway the head is immediately to starboard
- Sink vanity with storage below
- Additional cabinets outboard
- Raritan marine head
- Solar powered electric fan
- (2) opening window ports and overhead hatch
- (2) LED lights
- separate shower stall with molded seat
- Hooks in shower stall for wet gear
- 120v outlets
- Fore/aft seating with mounted table
- Storage under table top for charts and accessories
- Access to electrical panel and other ships systems
- For privacy there is a divider that easily pops up
- Ultrasuede mattress
- (3) opening window port
- overhead hatch
- (3) lights)
- Large vanity with deep cabinet storage below and hanging storage outboard
- Additional cabinet storage just aft of vanity with shelving
- 12v fan
- 120v outlets
- Convertible settee into double berth
- Centerline Hi-Lo table with seating for 8 adults
- Dickenson gas fireplace with tile surround
- Flatscreen TV w/ stereo and CD player
- Large hanging locker
- Privacy partition
- Privacy door
- (2) stereo speakers
- (2) 12v fans
- The cabin truck is low profile to reduce windage and increase visibility from the cockpit. The cabin sides are sloped to allow opened ports to be drip free. The multi leveled cockpit permits good access to the side decks and a sizeable bridge deck offers excellent protection from down flooding into the interior. All sail controls are designed to be lead aft.
- well laid out to easily and safely walk about
- solid teak decking in cockpit for superior nonskid
- transom drops down with the push of a button to create a walkthrough for easy boarding from a tender or water
- centerline is a table with leafs for dining
- Hard FRP bimini has light mounted underneath
- (2) stern pulpit seats
- Hard FRP dodger with upgraded makrolon windows
- Curtains for cockpit bimini for additional shade
- connector canvas between bimini and dodger
- side curtains for bimini for added shade
- Teak hinged companionway doors with louvers and built-in keyed lock set.
- Interior locking bolts allow the doors to be secured from inside while on board.
- Built in storm panel tracks allow for drop panels to be mounted inside the companionway doors.
- Overhead sliding screen and screened companionway doors allows for maximum ventilation while keeping insects out.
- Fold down walk-thru transom with SS swim boarding ladder make man-over-board recovery and boarding the dinghy easy (especially with a dog or supplies).
- Built in hot and cold fresh water cockpit shower.
- Spring loaded storm drain (blast gate) is built into the transom. This drain has over 8 times the capacity of the more traditional scupper drains normally found in modern cockpits. The transom maximizes emergency draining should the cockpit ever be swamped.
- Electric lift with remote control.
Electronics, Instrumentation and Equipment
- Raymarine Hybrid touch MFD w/ AIS receiver unit
- Raymarine autopilot, with wireless remote
- (2) raymarine repeaters (ST 70)
- Maxwell anchor control with chain counter
- Wired remote for raymarine VHF
- Speaker for raymarine VHF
- Side-Power variable speed bow and stern thrusters
- 12v electrical distribution accessory panel
- (2) Sea & Symphony stereo speakers
- Ritchie compass
- 12v outlet
- Raymarine Hybridtouch MFD screen w/ AIS receiver unit
- Ray 54 VHF
- Vectron Energy BMP 501 battery monitor
- Wema Liquid Level Monitor System
- Bilge Pump Auto/Manual switch
- Map light
- Electrical distribution panel (see electrical for more details)
Rigging & Sailing Hardware
Foxy Lady utilizes an optimized traditional cutter rig. To eliminate having to manually tack both headsails and the need for a club footed staysail, a self-tending staysail on a curved traveler track forward of the mast is used. To simplify things further, the typical mainsail traveler in the cockpit has been eliminated; instead the mainsail leach control is maintained with the use of the solid boom vang with a cascade purchase system which is lead aft into the cockpit. With the extremely wide chain plate base, the slots can be more open reducing back winding and the need to have the boom near the centerline fo the boat whil sailing upwind.
- Selden gray anodized aluminum Mast and Boom
- In-mast roller furling
- Deck stepped with rated 96,000 pound GRP compression post
- Double spreaders
- Masthead tri-color light
- Steaming and fore deck light
- Burgee halyard to starboard and flag and reflector halyard to port
- (2) Mobri type S-2 radar reflectors
The Evolution (Toronto) sails are designed and built to fit the boat's intended operating parameters. The sails are built to withstand the higher wind ranges that the boat is capable of being used in. Careful detail has been given to correctly position reinforcing and chafe patches to increase the sail life span.
- Furling Cross-cut Dacron Topsail with White UV strip
- Furling Cross-cut Dacron Staysail with adjustable clew board with White UV strip
- OPTIONAL furling Mainsail with vertical battens.
All wire is 1x19 316 SS. All upper terminals are swaged except for the fore stays and sprit shrouds. All other terminations are Stalok. Open bronze body Stalok turnbuckles are used.
All running rigging is color coded for easy identification. All lines are sized for load, ease of use and storage.
Components and Hardware
- All controls are lead aft through Spinlock sheet stoppers to a Lewmar 46 chrome self tailing winch on the port and starboard side of the companionway
- The staysail sheet is lead aft to a sheet stopper (starboard side). The traveler control is used to adjust the traveler car to induce twist or park the car in the center of the track when furled. This control is also lead aft to a Harken jam cleat.
- Selden Rigid Boom Vang with a cascade 4:1 purchase system leads aft to a sheet stopper.
- OPTIONAL electric Lewmar 54 Chrome Self-Tailing primary winches.
- OPTIONAL electric lewmar 46 Halyard control winch
- Lewmar 46 utility winch
- The headsail furling lines are lead aft internally under the fore deck and then exit externally onto the cabin top before continuing aft to a forward facing sheet stopper near the port halyard winch. Controls can be operated facing the sail with a minimum amount of friction and can be tailed to a winch if necessary. Furling includes Selden 300S and 200S units.
- The hull is molded from female production tooling. The laminate is a "sandwich" cored construction. The Corecell foam core increases panel stiffness, strength, impact resistance and sound/thermal insulation while maintaining an excellent weight to strength ratio. Only marine grade Vinylester laminating resins are used in the hull laminate. The core is installed using both vacuum bagging and full resin infusion techniques. The core runs from the cove stripe to approximately 10" from the centerline. The coring material is eliminated and replaced with a solid glass laminate in the areas of the sheer line, centerline, keel, rudderpost, and thru-hulls.
- The hull is constructed using both hand lay-up and vacuum assisted resin infusion techniques using Hydrex-100 vinylester laminating resin to eliminate osmotic blistering and provide superior strength numbers.
- The hull laminate is constructed of knitted double bias E-glass cloth. Additional reinforcing is utilized in the bow, trail-board, chain plate, mast step and transom areas.
- The deck, like the hull, is finished with Off White gelcoat and is a molded FRP sandwich construction with 1/2inch, 3/4inch and 1inch SPS Corecell. In areas where equipment is to be installed, the coring material is eliminated created a solid laminate. The Deck flange is solid and built up to 1/2" in thickness. Extra reinforcing is added to cleat, mast step and winch attachment areas as well as high stress areas and corners.
- The hull deck joint is bedded in 3M 5200 and bolted on Stainless Steel machine screws with ny-lock (aircraft) nuts.
- Keel: The extended fin keel sump is constructed using an extremely heavy duty solid laminate that makes up the top three quarter of the keel's profile. The lead ballast is fitted to the bottom of this structure in the form of an externally mounted shoe which covers the entire length of the bottom of the keel. This provides extreme abrasion and puncture protection against accidental grounding while maximizing the righting arm and creating a very large lightning ground plain.
- Upgraded bow and stern thrusters to variable speed Side-Power thrusters with an automatic hold function
- Custom tender davit system
- Forespar outboard engine crane
- Outboard engine bracket
- Plastimo rescue sling
- (2) winch handles
- (4) dock lines
- (4) fenders
- (2) Mobri radar reflectors
- 30amp shore power cord
- (4) life jackets
- Emergency tiller
- Boat hook
- (3) type IV PFD
- EPIRB (Battery expires April 2020)
- (3) fire extinguishers
- Hatch covers
Anchoring System:equipped to handle 2 bow anchors located at the end of the sprit. This position allows the anchors to be deployed without fouling or chafing on the sprit stays when a bridal is not necessary. The primary anchor is self-launching so it can be launched from the cockpit in an emergency.
Butterfly fore deck hatches provides access to sail and equipment locker. The entire anchor/sail locker is drained aft through the side of the hull and is considered part of the exterior and not the interior of the boat.
Maxwell VWC 1500 vertical electric windlass with foot controls forward and remote switch at helm station is used for anchor handling. A safety switch is conveniently located on the DC panel primary anchor is a ROCNA if permanently carried on the sprit.
- Fresh/salt water washdown on bow
- Upgraded stainless steel bow roller
- Rona Anchor w/ 275' 5/16 inch HT of chain rode
- Fortress secondary anchor w/ chain
- The hull-deck joint is covered with a solid teak cap rail. In addition to being visually attractive, it provides a second and completely independent seal for the hull to deck joint.
- All pulpits, stanchions, etc. are manufactured (welded) using hand polished 316 Stainless Steel.
- The stanchion bases are mounted to the side of the bulwark (not on the teak) for improved rigidity with SS backing plate.
- Lifelines fitted with pelican hooks at bow for finger pier boarding.
- Rigid SS aft lifeline railing from gate aft.
- dinghy hoist is a 4:1 tackle with snap shackle attachments that is lead forward within easy reach from the cockpit. Cleats are also installed for securing the dinghy to the davit to prevent movement in a seaway.
- custom rear arch integrated into the bimini hard top with removable davit arms
- 6 Gozzard bronze Chock/Cleats are capable of handling 2-3/4" dock lines each while keeping the deck clear. The cleats are strategically located for correct mooring at the bow, mid forward, mid aft and stern.
- Safety Harness pad eyes in cockpit.
- Jack Line pad eyes on working deck.
- Chrome cleats and dolphins.
- Beta 60 -4 Cylinder Kubota based diesel rated at 65HP w/ 900hours
- Pre-cup combustion system for quieter operation.
- Glow plugs to aid cold weather starting.
- Fresh water enclosed cooling system with raw water heat exchanger.
- 3 inch wet exhaust to custom-made oversized water lock with drain.
- Instrument panel includes gauges for tachometer, hour meter, oil pressure, voltmeter and water temperature with an audible alarm for low oil pressure and high water temperature.
- Automatic shut down system is included for low oil pressure and hi water temperature.
- Dual racor fuel filter with selector valve
- 12 Volt 190 Amp Series 27 large case alternator with twin drive belts and multi stage voltage regulator.
- Water connection for domestic water heating.
- Perko clear glass bowl type intake strainers.
- Forespar engine flush-out valve. This specially designed valve allows you to easily run fresh water through the engine for storage or winterizing and it can be used to turn your engine intake into an emergency bilge pump.
- Serpentine belt upgrade for alternator with tensioning pulley.
- Water pump tensioning pulley.
- Built in manual oil change pump.
Generator (Optional Equipment):
- 5kW Onan generator (less than 25 hours) c/w sound box. Includes exhaust system, intake fuel pickup and return, 120VAC wiring, distribution panel wiring, 12VDC wiring and additional sound proofing.
- The transmission is a Twin Disk marine gear with 2.8:1 reduction ratio.
- Aqua Drive System (constant velocity joint with thrust bulkhead and super soft motor mounts) is used to reduce engine noise, vibration and the need to align the engine mounts.
- 316 SS 1.25" drive shaft.
- PSS No-Drip shaft seal system with vent.
- 3 Bladed bronze MP Michigan Wheel propeller.
Engine Room and Equipment Room
- All efforts are made to provide a maintainable and easy to clean area. The engine room is heavily sound insulated. All removable panels have neoprene gaskets to further reduce noise levels.
- Large access panels (including the stairs (front) and berth tops (aft)) to the engine are hinged with stays. These access panels allow instant access without having to remove furniture or panels and then find a place to put them while you work on the engine.
Steering System and Controls
- The engine is controlled using a Kobelt single lever shifter. This control has no moving steel parts that can affect compass accuracy unlike most other controls.
- Custom Edson Cobra rack and pinion steering system
- Separate 12-inch Edson tiller arm with autopilot linear drive mount. This allows the autopilot to steer the boat should the primary steering system fail.
- The emergency tiller is a 3 part assembly easily accessible and stored under an adjacent cockpit locker lid.
- Reverse cycle heat/air conditioner: 12000 BTU services the Aft cabin
- Forward air conditioner 16,000 BTU to service the galley and forward stateroom. Outlets are louvered with the cold air return at floor level. The single water pump centrally located for ease of servicing. Drains from the condensation tray are run to an enclosed sump pump where possible.
- All ship's wiring is marine grade tinned copper including primary battery runs and is installed in accordance with CE and ABYC full specifications. All wires are coded and colored for easy identification. All circuits are fused except the main engine starter in accordance with manufacturer's specifications.
DC Electrical System
- The ship's main DC Voltage system is 12 Volt. There are 2 separate battery groups - one of the deep cycle house consumption and the other dedicated to starting the engine. The house bank consists of 12 industrial quality lead acid 2-Volt cells grouped into 2 banks.
- total of 900 amp hours at a 100 amp discharge rate (1500 at the the more conventional 20 amp discharge rate)
- battery installations designed to be close to the center of buoyancy and as low as possible actually increasing the vessels overall stability.
- OPTIONAL solar panels mounted on bimini with MeTer solar charge regulator
- The primary system is wired for total redundancy. The house bank can be divided in half if a single cell goes bad. Each battery bank is equipped with a main disconnect switch and each of these switches can be linked in parallel or in isolation to the other battery banks for emergency access.
- To charge the batteries, the engine is fitted with a 190 amp 12-volt alternator that charges the house battery bank directly.
- Alternatively, when the vessel has access to a 120 volt AC shore power source, the batteries may be charged from the Victron Energy Phoenix Inverter Charger at up to 120 amps.
- The engine battery is charged with a battery combiner that allows the engine battery to see the house batteries charging source.
- The DC system is monitored by the Victron Energy Battery monitor, (a power consumption meter for your main battery bank).
- Both the inverter/charger and the alternator are controlled by multi stage voltage regulators.
- For redundancy the original 55 amp internally voltage regulated alternator that was supplied with the engine is mounted as a spare with all brackets, wiring and belts. This gives you a completely spare engine charging system that bypasses all the high tech equipment should it fail.
AC Electical System
- The ship's AC system is a 120-volt single-phase 60 cycle. AC power is supplied by ship to shore connection, the generator, or from the 12 volt DC system via the inverter.
- All circuits are GFI protected. The system also incorporates a galvanic isolator to control stray electrolysis.
- The ship to shore connection is made through a 30 Amp 120-volt shore cord. The connection is normally located at the stern with optional additional bow connection available with a transfer switch to isolate the connection not being used.
- The Inverter can generate 120 volts AC using the ships DC system which will easily power the 700 Watt microwave located in the galley, a laptop computer, recharge a handheld VHF or cell phone battery.
- To operate the entire AC system away from the dock a diesel generator is installed. 5KW generator with less than 25 hours!
- Bonding System:The vessel is fully bonded and is equipped with a Canada Metal ZC-5 external zinc anode located aft. The optional thruster is equipped separate zinc. The propeller shaft is isolated because of the Aqua Drive and is tied in a protected by brush type shaft contractor.
- Lightning Protection: The lightning protection system has all pulpits, lifelines and antenna arch grounded with 4 gauge tinned copper braid to a large Dyna-Plate (approximately 64 square feet) and the externally mounted lead keel.
All hoses are premium quality marine grade and are UL and CG approved for specific application. The fresh water system uses the Whale 2000 tubing system. Made of hard plastic and colored blue for cold and red for hot, this system does not use hose barbs and clamps, rather quick disconnect fittings that are much easier to service.
Fresh Water System
- Two separate water tanks supply fresh water, each with its own fill, vent and draw tube. A manifold is used to control water draw from each tank thus allowing you to control the boats trim as the water is consumed or isolate a contaminated tank.
- bow water tank: 47 Gallons
- port quarter berth water tank: 68 Gallons
- Jabsco water pump offers variable water flow lowering amp draw and sound levels. A chromed bronze Fynspray hand water pump is installed for manual backup and is connected to both the fresh water system and seawater via a check valve and manifold located under the sink.
- An 11-gallon Force 10 SS hot water heater supplies hot water. This heater can make hot water using a 120-volt electric heating element or a built-in heat exchanger using the closed loop engine coolant system.
Waste Management System
- Single Raritan PH2 marine head. The discharge is pumped via a vented loop to a Forespar combination thru-hull/Y-Valve that directs the flow either directly overboard or to the on-board holding tank. Premium quality Sealand sanitation hose is use throughout and is double clamped.
- The FRP holding tank emptied using a deck fitting and shore pump out station or the onboard macerator system. Waste capacity is 52 US gallons.
Diesel Fuel System
- Diesel fuel is stored FRP fuel tanks. These tanks are manufactured specifically for the boat by Gozzard Yachts and are totally corrosion resistant.
- Connected by a manifold system, fuel can be returned and picked up in any combination allowing you to maintain trim or to polish your fuel supply.
- Large clean outs are built in to the tank tops for easy servicing.
- Fuel filtering is achieved with a Racor 500 primary and a finer micron on-engine secondary filter. Fluid levels are measured electronically with the fuel gauges located near the helm stations.
Gozzard 41 FOXY LADY