2013 J/70 - Honey Pi
The J/70 Speedster (22.75 feet) is J/Boats' first ramp-launch able, keel boat - designed to fulfill the need for an easy-to-own, high-performance one-design that's exciting to sail, stable enough for the entire family, AND easy to tow, rig, launch, and sail. Since its introduction in 2012, the J/70 has become the most prolific sport boat in the world with 1500+ boats sailing in 25+ countries. It all started with a boat that's a BLAST to sail!
Key J/70 Features
- Large comfortable cockpit with open transom.
- Deck-stepped carbon mast for easy rigging & stepping.
- Inexpensive three sail inventory with masthead A-Sail.
- Vertical lifting keel.
- Small cabin for storage and personal privacy.
- Easy to trailer to regattas, ramp launch and store at home.
- Only 1,750 lbs so most 6 cyl vehicles can easily tow.
- Fits inside most standard garage doors!
More comfortable to sail on deck
The 11' long cockpit and moderate height boom in the J/70 allow easy crew movement across the cockpit while tacking and jibing. For sitting and hiking comfort, mid-height padded backrests/lifelines run cockpit length, large cockpit floor mounted toe-rails for secure foot bracing and comfortable seat height and ergonomics makes J/70 one of the most comfortable small keel boats to helm. No need for hiking straps to keep you in the boat. Plus there are strict class limits on how to hike to make the boat less physical to sail.