2014 J Boats J 88
Yacht price :
Available now for the fall races, FREYJA has the superior North 3Di sails, B&G electronics, and ideal factory options like glare-reducing two tone decks and two opening window ports next to companionway. FREYJA shows like a new boat and she's in the water and ready to go.
- J Boats
- J 88
- Boston, MA, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 29 ft - 8.84 meter
- 29 ft - 8.84 meter
- 9 ft 6 in - 2.9 meter
- Draft - max:
- 6 ft 6 in - 1.98 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Sail Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 14 (Individual), 14 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- Fresh Water Tank:
- Holding Tank:
- Molded main salon liner with full length settee berths, molded backrests, storage access below and molded areas for sink (forward to port) and hinged utility counter (forward to starboard).
- Choice of fabrics for 3" standard main salon cushions.
- Teak and holly synthetic high-wear cabin sole in main cabin.
- Igloo cooler.
- Fabrication companionway ladder with teak treads.
- Foam insulated engine compartment.
- Molded V-berth and hull support liner. (V-berth cushions & platform top optional)
- Raritan PH-II marine head with holding tank and "Y" valve.
- Bin storage opposite head. Molded cockpit support liner surrounding engine and mechanicals.
- Low maintenance painted gelcoat finish on all interior hull & deck surfaces.
- Black anodized aluminum compression post to transfer mast loads to internal hull structure.
- J/88 hull & deck infusion molded with biaxial and unidirectional E-glass fabrics and balsa core in the hull for rugged durability. Corcell foam core in the deck for light weight. High density core material and additional glass reinforcements are placed in way of highly loaded hardware and components. All laminates are engineered and built to required ISO structural standards.
- Molded internal bulkheads and liners finished with gelcoat, bonded and/or tabbed to the hull and/or deck.
- White gelcoat hull with single boot stripe.
- 10 year transferable warranty against osmotic hull blistering, 5 year structrual warranty.
- Infused GRP molded structural grid with longitudinal and transverse keel support beams. One large cockpit seat storage locker.
- Open transom for easy access with lightweight ORC transom safety ladder.
- High strength, inward turning and overlapping hull to deck joint bonded with structrual adhesive.
- White gelcoat deck with molded non-skid on horizontal deck surfaces.
- 6.5' draft low VCG keel with lead ballast featuring molded GRP finish.
Engine, Steering & Systems
- 14hp, two cylinder diesel engine with Saildrive and geared folding propeller. (60 hours)
- Keyless start/stop engine panel and tachometer with alarms and engine hour counter.
- Engine throttle control with neutral safety switch.
- Waterlock muffler with exhaust run aft to transom.
- 15 gal fuel tank.
- High aspect transom mounted rudder with custom SS gudgeon hardware, molded composite tiller and adjustable tiller extention.
- Cockpit operated manual bilge pump operable from the helm position with GRP exhaust fitting.
- Molded foredeck toe-rails on deck.
- (2) AGM Group 27 battery (OPTIONAL OPTIONAL).
- 12V DC On/Off battery switch.
- 12V DC electrical distribution panel w/ 6 circuit breakers.
- Navitation & steaming lights.
- UL approved stranded, tinned copper ABYC color-coded wiring.
- Bonding system to meet ABYC regulations.
- Two swiveling reading lights in main cabin.
- Two red/white dome lights.
- Two DC charging plugs.
- Automatic electric bilge pump and panel switch for manual operation.
- Large self-draining cockpit with molded foot braces.
- Low maintenance stainless grab rails on cabin house (P&S).
- Companionway opening with PVC slider tracks, large gutter drains, molded seahood and sliding cover.
- Acrylic offshore removable drop board with inside/outside lockable hasp.
- SS custom fabricated chain plates for shrouds and backstay terminations.
- Interior flush ventilation hatch mounted on cabin house forward of mast.
- Two fixed cabin side portlights.
- Two 2-speed self-tailing primary winches in cockpit.
- Two 2-speed self-tailing secondary winches on cabin top.
- Two 10" lock-in winch handles.
- Two anodoized jib tracks with adjustable cars.
- 5:1 Mainsheet system leading to ratchet block and cam mounted on centerline swivel base.
- Integral 20:1 mainsheet fine-tune adjuster also mounted to swivel base cam.
- Adjustable mainsheet traveler with 4:1 control line and cam cleates P & S.
- Double ended backstay adjuster purchase system leading forward to P & S cam cleats.
- Internal bowsprit launching system to exit aft face of the cabin house to cam cleat.
- Belowdeck headsail furling system with control line exiting aft face of cabin house to cam cleat.
- Tack line side mount rope clutch mounted to starboard on cabin.
- (4) Spinnaker sheet blocks with (2) outboard of primary winches and (2) aft at stern rail.
- (4) Halyard lead blocks mounted at mast base.
- (6) SS stanchions, two SS stern rails at transom corners and custom SS bow rail with 9" lower lifeline height.
- SS double lifelines.
- Foredeck and transom mooring cleats.
Spars & Rigging
- Carbon fiber mast with double swept spreaders, long masthead grance and mainsail luff track. Deck step design and SS tabernacle system. Mast finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
- Boom with internal 8:1 outhaul, mainsheet attachment points, outhaul and single reef sheaves as well as provision for reef cleat and block at inboard end. Finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
- Carbon bow sprit with tack ferrule fitting, painted black finish. Bow sprit seal system mounted between sprit bearings.
- Rod headstay 1 x 19 compacted strand wire side rigging with adjustable open-body turnbuckles, and Dyneema backstay.
- Complete Running Package.
- Backstay flicker
- Main: North Sails 3Di 760i
- Jib: North Sails 3Di 760i M
- Spinnaker: North Sails A2-1 AIRX 650
- Spinnaker2: North Sails A3 (New 2015)
- Dodger (blue)
- Jib sock (1 black, 1 blue)
- Mainsail cover (1 grey, 1 blue)
- Lifeline cushions (black)
Also included on FREYJA
- Opening ports on aft end of cabin facing the cockpit.
- Cockpit Dodger with side curtains.
- V-berth Package with platform, two cushions and one swiveling reading light.
- Comfort Group Package - boom cover with J/88 logo, two cockpit cushions, and 4 padded lifeline covers. • Additional 90 amp battery.
- Loose gauge
- Danforth anchor with chain and rope rode
- Fire extinguisher
- boat hook
- life sling
- Type IV throwable
- Yanmar engine spare parts kit
- Privacy curtain in v-berth
- Medical kit
- (4) Life jackets
- GPS/Plotter: B&G T8
- Displays next to helm: (2) B&G Triton
- Displays on mast bracket: (3) B&G 20/20 displays
- VHF: Raymarine with wired remote at helm
2014 29' J 88