2015 MJM Yachts 36z
Yacht price :
The "WHITE OUT (reserved)" The MJM line is famous for the innovative ergonomics, efficient use of space, and exceptional sea keeping ability and the 36Z is no exception. The first of the series to offer the side door entry and joystick control. This is one of the last MJM 36Z's built; with low hours the 2015 model includes all of the most desired features; Island Queen berth, stall shower, newer style transom in addition to which she has been nicely upgraded with electric opening windshields and dynamic positioning system (station keeping). On top of all of that she has been in inside storage 8 months a year at her builders yard.
- MJM Yachts
- Osterville, MA, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- White Out
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 36 ft - 10.97 meter
- 39 ft 3 in - 11.96 meter
- 11 ft - 3.35 meter
- Draft - max:
- 2 ft 6 in - 0.76 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- 28 MPH - 24.33 KTS
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Stern Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 260 (Individual), 520 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 35 MPH - 30.42 KTS
- Fuel Tank:
- 200 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 98 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 18 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Measurements-Cruising Speed: 28 mph Cruising Speed RPM: 3200 Max Speed: 35 mph Max Speed RPM: 4000 Range: 315 mi LOA: 39 ft 3 in LWL: 33 ft 3 in Length on Deck: 36 ft Beam: 11 ft Max Bridge Clearance: 9 ft Max Draft: 2 ft 6 in Dry Weight: 13100 lb Fuel Tanks #: 2 Fuel Tanks Capacity: 200 gal Fuel Tanks Material: Aluminum Fresh Water Tanks #: 1 Fresh Water Tanks Capacity: 98 gal Fresh Water Tanks Material: Plastic Holding Tanks #: 1 Holding Tank Capacity: 18 gal Holding Tanks Material: Plastic Number of Heads: 1
Propulsion- Engine #1,Engine Make: Yanmar Engine Model: 6BY Primary Engines: Inboard Drive Type: Stern Drive Location: Port Engine Year: 2015 Hours: 300 Power: 260 hp Propeller Type: 4 Blade Propeller Material: Stainless Steel
Engine #2, Engine Make: Yanmar Engine Engine Model: 6BY Primary Engines: Inboard Drive Type: Stern Drive Location: Starboard Year 2015 Hours: 300 Power: 260 hp Propeller Type: 4 Blade Propeller Material: Stainless Steel
Vessel Walk Thru - In addition to all of the standard features such as the side boarding doors, joy stick control , low maintenance no wood exterior, that make the 36Z a joy to own and operate; WHITE OUT (name reserved) has the preferred island queen layout with a stall shower in the enclosed head. vs the standard V-berth layout and ensuite shower.
Naturally bright and airy with 4 opening ports in the house, 2 hull ports, and a large hatch (all with screens) there is equally abundant 12 volt lighting for evenings. Varnished Cherry wood work and a varnished teak and holly sole. Equipped with the optional 16,000 BTU reverse cycle (heats & cools) air conditioning equipment with remote air handlers in the wheelhouse, the 36Z can be kept comfortable in a wide range of climates. A vast space of top access or bin type storage in the forward section below the berth and in cargo drawers aft as well as on shelves with fiddles above the berth.
Aft and to port is the galley with Corian counter tops, top load refrigeration box with 12 Volt DC Seafrost system, Princess single burner ceramic cooktop that may be run through the inverter and microwave oven along with storage in 3 drawers and a number of lockers including a hanging locker just aft of the galley.
The enclosed head is to starboard with Sealand Vacuflush W.C. plumbed to the holding tank, Corain vanity with stainless sink with H&C pressure water and separate stall shower compartment with seat, draining to a separate sump.
Up two steps (storage under) to the helm deck with helm station to starboard with all vessel navionics and controls and companion seat to port, both are Stidd 500N low back Admiral reclining seats with cargo drawers under. Aft of these are 6' settees P&S with what can only be described as voluminous storage space below, either locker is capable of holding two mountain bikes with the handle bars on. The settees extend under the Stidd seats so with the Stidd seats elevated and cushions put down the settees make very comfortable berths. Dining is from a varnished teak pedestal table that will easily handle 4-6 for a luncheon. Additional storage is found below the hatch on centerline which also accesses auxiliary equipment. The wheelhouse is fitted with two overhead hatches with blinds and screens and the side and rear curtains are a breeze to roll up.
The wheelhouse flows, without interruption to the cockpit on a level deck with its two aft facing seats forward and the full width transom seat aft there is space for 8-10 owners and guests! There are side doors that make this yacht so convenient to board just aft of the aft facing seats.
The engine compartment is directly below and it's hatch is on an electrically operated lift. Access to the transom is through a centerline passage in the transom seat, the cushions for which are easily removed.
A step to the side decks is thoughtfully moulded in at the forward end of the cockpit and grab rails are located where one automatically reaches for them to make transiting fore and aft comfortable.
◦ Fusion stereo with speakers below decks, helm deck, and cockpit ◦ 2 Hela 12 volt turbo fans at berth ◦ 6" memory foam mattress for island queen berth in Ultraleather Brisa Chamois ◦ Privacy curtains for helm deck ◦ Ultraleather Chamois High UV resistant upholstery on helm deck and cockpit ◦ Esthec decking in wheelhouse, cockpit and on swim platform ◦ General Ecology Seagull water purifier for drinking water
Electronics-All electronics are located at the starboard side helm station within easy reach. • Raymarine e165 touch screen (in lieu of the standard e125) color radar/plotter display • Raymarine i70R multifunction display • Raymarine Smart Pilot autopilot with ST70 control head • Raymarine 218 VHF with RAM mike at helm • Raymarine 24" 4 kw radome • Sirius satellite weather • Jabsco 400,00 cp bow mounted search light with remote control at helm • Ritchie 4.5" magnetic compass • Horn • 2 electric windshield wipers with wash down • Lenco trim tabs • Remote windlass controls• Electrically opening windshields 2016, the only 36Z so equipped!
Electrical -Wired for 12 volt DC and 110 Volt AC service. A Victron 3000 watt inverter handles lighter loads when off the dock while a Northern Lights 3.3 kw generator, showing 55 hours as of 2/1/ 19, handles heavier loads.
12 Volt DC: • Custom distribution panel with breakers • Digital amp and volt meters • 150 amp alternator • (2) 4D AGM house batteries • (2) Group 27 AGM engine start batteries • Group 25 AGM engine start battery
110 Volt AC: • Custom distribution panel with breakers • 2 30 amp shore power inlets at transom • 2 50' 30 amp shore power cords • Digital amp & volt meters • 6 110 volt outlets • Victron 3000 watt inverter/100 amp battery charger • Isotherm 10 gallon water heater (also engine supplied)
Mechanical Twin 260 hp Yanmar diesels with less than 300 hours as of 2/1/19 turning dual counter rotating propellers through Yanmar ZT-730 stern drives. Cruise speeds at approximately 28 knots at 80% engine load and 35 knots at wide open throttle.
• Yanmar electronic engine controls • Yanmar joystick control for docking • (2) Yanmar i560 digital engine displays • Yanmar dynamaic positioning or station keeping added 2017 the only 36Z so equipped! • Racor fuel filters • Seafire automatic fire suppression for engine compartment • Marine Air 16,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioner for interior with remote air handlers on the helm deck • 2 Rule 1100 electric bilge pumps • High capacity manual bilge pump • Tankwatch system on holding tank • Macerator pump
Construction, Hull and Deck - Doug Zurn designed deep-vee hull with Kevlar out skin and bi axial knit E-glass in epoxy resin in all laminates with CoreCell closed cell foam vacuum bagged construction. Solid E-glass/ Kevlar on centerline, at the chines and deck hull joint. Once molded the hull structure was fully post cured by heating in an oven to 145 degrees The bottom is finished with a hard epoxy black anti-fouling with no build up. The topsides are finished with Majestic Blue Awl grip with 3 coats of Awlcraft clear for superior gloss and color retention as well as ability to touch up, white boot stripe and gold cove stripe. The decks/house are finished win white Cook Armour Coat off white gel coat, with sand tex non-skid in a buff color in all appropriate non-skid area.
• 10 year transferable blister warranty • Muir low profile electric anchor windlass with controls at hem and bow • Lewmar polished stainless steel anchor with 250' of chain & rode • High pressure anchor wash down operable from helm • Stainless bow, grab rails and other deck hardware • Fiberglass swim platform • H&C transom shower • Centerline walk thru access to swim platform from cockpit • Side boarding doors P&S • 4 braided dock lines and 4 fenders with covers • USCG package of 12 Type II PFD's, flare kit, first aid kit, life ring and 3 fire extinguishers • Tool kit • Ensign on varnished teak staff and stainless steel burgee staff • Air compressor with both high volume low pressure and low volume high pressure setting for inflating dinghies, inflatable stand up paddle boards etc. • Wichard flush mount D rings on house top for securing sea kayaks or paddle boards • Fold down step on windshield mullion for ease of access to house top
This low hours MJM 36Z has been used seasonally on Cape Cod by summer residents and in inside heated storage for approximately 8 months per year. As we are taking her in trade we have had a full structural survey done including testing as many systems as possible. Once re-commissioned in June we will have the survey completed with oil analysis taken after 20+ hours are put on the engines. All of this will be made available to prospective buyers on request. Her care has been exceptional and she is the only 36Z on record that has had electrically operated windshields installed and the Dynamic Positioning System or station keeping added to her engine controls.
Manufacturer Provided Description MJM’s goal for all its models has been threefold:
(1) Create boats that can be easily operated by one person, meaning husband or wife, in the most demanding situations such as when docking or handling in rough seas.
(2) Be sure that the boat is as comfortable for 2-person cruising for its size as possible AND fun to use with friends (e.g. 2-3 other couples) on a daily, spur-of-the-moment basis to, for example, go out to dinner, go on a short sunset cruise, watch the local sailboat races, or to take the kids to a secluded beach or island. Boats that remain tied up to a dock except for 3-4 trips a year are not very practical unless they replace one’s year-round home.
(3) Be easy to own, e.g. minimal maintenance, operating issues and few restraints when docking, mooring or shipping by truck between residences..
The 36z admirably fulfills all these goals: (1) Handling with a combination of a natural-response destroyer wheel in seas and it’s IPS-like joystick control with twin engines at idling speeds around docks. (2) Welcoming for all ages with side-opening doors and single-level cockpit/ pilothouse that seats 12 comfortably on a good day, 6 in any-weather. (3) Ease of Ownership? We know of no other boat that combines the 36z benefits of: Having no exposed wood to maintain on deck; Stern drives that bounce up, then back down, when striking an underwater object, which when raised are reachable from the swim platform to clear props without going swimming, which can be raised part way for shoal water navigation or all the way for mooring in 17” of water or beaching the boat; Having height dimensions to fit under all 21 bridges (under 9.5 feet) between Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale; Having height and width (12 feet or less) to be trucked without need of chase cars and alternate routing at the price of a 30 footer.
Default Disclaimer -The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.