2015 MJM Yachts 40z Downeast
Yacht price :
Delivered 2015. As new, 'equipped to the nines', HIGHLANDER's highlighted features are: Upgraded Twin Volvo-Penta D-6 435HP Diesel Engines (Only 134Hrs) w/IPS 600 Drives, 30-40kts, Joystick Docking, Dynamic Positioning System, Seakeeper Gyro Stabilizer, Northern Lights 6kW Generator, MarineAir Airconditioning, Raymarine e165 HybridTouch GPS/Plotter and Raymarine e95 Displays, Custom Helm Autopilot Knob, KVH SAT TV, (2) L ED HDTVs, Sirius SR6 SAT Weather, AIS 650, Power Front Windows, Automatic Trim Tabs.
- MJM Yachts
- 40z Downeast
- Essex, CT, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Express Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Doug Zern
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 40 ft - 12.19 meter
- 44 ft 2 in - 13.46 meter
- 12 ft - 3.66 meter
- Draft - max:
- 3 ft 3 in - 0.99 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 10 ft - 3.05 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- 35 MPH - 30.42 KTS
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Pod Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 435 (Individual), 870 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 350 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 110 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 30 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
MANUFACTURER PROVIDED DESCRIPTION
The primary design goal for the 40z was to create a 40 foot powerboat that would handle like a 30-footer at idle speeds in tricky docking situations. The Volvo-Penta IPS joystick control technology makes this goal a reality. The IPS system works with twin pod drives under the hull. When conventional twin-engine controls are in neutral, a single joystick takes over with fingertip control. There are no thrusters. Through a unique computer program, each drive unit is independently operated in terms of direction, rpm and forward-reverse gear. This system works far more intuitively than conventional twin shaft drives or joystick/thruster operated jet drives.
- Side-opening doors (P&S) overcome a common problem, getting aboard or getting off when handling docklines.
- Single-level seating for as many as 15 at cocktail time or for a family picnic
- Roll-up side/aft curtains and fully-opening windshields to regulate airflow in the pilothouse to suit conditions.
- Large (60" x 78") island berth and separate shower in owner stateroom.
- Two convertible guest cabins, one with dinette. - 40z can be trucked overland without penalty. Width does not exceed 12' and height on a trailer is less than 13'6".
MANUFACTURER PROVIDED PERFORMANCE FEATURES
- Upgraded Twin Volvo-Penta 435 hp diesels.
- Epoxy unidirectional tri-axial kevlar and S-glass hull and deck
- Joystick docking control with IPS systems.
- 40 knots top speed
Comfortable sleeping accommodations for 6.
Boarding HIGHLANDER is extremely easy - entering either by port, starboard or transom doors. The generous COCKPIT allows forward facing bench seating across the transom, with two aft facing seats on either side of the helm deck entrance. The bench seat and sole underneath lift up, with an electric operated lift arm (there is a manual backup), for easy access to the engine compartment below. There is storage beneath the two seats and courtesy lights offer ample evening lighting.
The HELM DECK features comfortable settee seating, on both sides of the helm deck, with high-gloss varnished hi-lo table on the port side. These settees may convert to 6'5" berths for extra guests. Forward are twin Stidd Chamois UltraLeather helm seats, with helm controls, instrumentation and electronics to starboard. The helm deck hardtop comes equipped with an overhead drop down TV for easy viewing. LED lights overhead in the helm deck may be dimmed when desired.
The HELM DECK is bright, open and airy with excellent visibility for helmsman and guests. Helm deck Strataglass side curtains are easily unzipped or covered with white Textilene inside privacy/shade covers. The aft curtain may roll up to remain open.
The sliding teak companionway door is gloss-varnished, paneled, louvered and lockable (from both inside and out) providing access to the salon, galley and accommodations below.
Two non-skid steps lead forward and down to the beautifully finished Herreschoff interior with off-white paneling and varnished cherry trim. Clear Awlgrip gloss-finished teak and holly cabin sole also runs throughout the interior. In the MAIN SALON, to starboard, are spacious and comfortable UltraLeather dinette seats with a Hi-Lo table in between.The dinette table lowers with electric control to form a 40"-44" wide by 78" long berth for guests. A vertical opaque curtain may be installed to provide privacy. There are opening ports, skylight hatches and port lights, all with screens and shades.
Across from the dinette is the GALLEY which features white Corian counter top, with framed and paneled cherry cabinetry both above and below. There are push button locks and drawer knobs for all lockers and drawers - pots, pans, cutlery, galley ware, china and glassware and waste. A polished stainless steel sink offers a Scanvik pullout faucet and a removable Corian cover. Excellent refrigeration is provided by a Stainless Steel Isotherm two-drawer refrigerator/freezer (factory installed new Fall 2015), with a separate drop-down freezer (factory installed new Fall 2015) in the counter. Cooking is a pleasure on a ceramic two-burner electric stove with pop-up retainers and in a five-way microwave/convection oven. There is ample counter and storage space for the chef's preparing the simplest fare or the most lavish feast.
Forward, to port, is the double-entry HEAD, featuring both head and shower, Corian counter with polished stainless steel oval sink, mixing valve spigot and pullout flexible hose with soft-spray to use as a second shower. The head is accessible both from the salon (as a day head) and from the master stateroom. There is a Vacuflush head, lockers above and under the sink and full length mirror inside the door.
Across and to starboard, is a stand-alone SEPARATE SHOWER, with seat, wall mounted Scanvik shower hose, shaving mirror and towel & toiletry storage.
The MASTER STATEROOM is next forward, with paneled cherry door, a 60"x 78" center berth with memory foam mattress, (4) storage drawers and one large compartment beneath, storage shelves above the berth, bookcases and the forepeak anchor locker with double access doors. Excellent space is available in the bureau, cabinet, hanging locker and storage shelves over the berth. A large dressing mirror is on the forward face of the entry door to the master stateroom.
Two separate MarineAir 16,000 BTU Airconditoning units provide excellent cooling in both helm deck and interior. Throughout are overhead hatches and ports, all with Oceanair dual action shade/screens. In addition, overhead LED lighting can be lowered with dimmer switches. The interior is tasteful, functional and comfortable and, overall, completed with style.
- Ritchie SS-2200 4.5 Supersport Compass
- Raymarine 4kW HD Color Radar w/Dome
- Raymarine e165 HybridTouch GPS Plotter w/WiFi For iPad Control w/Radar Overlay
- Raymarine e95 HybridTouch Display For Depth, Autopilot Control & Engine Data
- Raymarine E12200 Smart Pilot X-Can System.
- Navionics Platinum+ XL3 Mapping Software For Florida East Coast, & New England
- Raymarine 218 VHF Radio w/DSC On Helm Overhead
- Custom Added Helm Autopilot Knob (New 2016)
- Raymarine AIS 650 System (Factory Added Fall 2015)
- AIS Antenna (New 2016)
- Sirius SR6 Satellite Weather
- KVH M3 AST TV Receiver Dome on Pedestal w/Radar & All Round Nav Light
- Flomex HDTV digital Local TV Antenna w/Motorola Signal Booster
- 32" Drop Down Smart HDTV w/Wifi Streaming, Fusion A/V Connection in Helmdeck
- 22" LED HDTV, Fusion DVD Connection, Amplfier & External Speakers in Salon
- Fusion MZ-AV700 Stereo System w/iPod Jack, 5 Channel 1600W Amplifier, (6) 7" Speakers, (2) 3" Speakers & 8" Subwoofer. Wireless Connection is Through Bluetooth Receiver.
- Sirius SAT Radio
- Jabsco 400,000cp Bowrail-Mounted Halogen Spotlight (Controlled From Helmdeck)
- Kahlenberg D-OA Air Horn w/Auto Fog & Anchoring Operation
- 12v/110v Systems
- 110V AC System w/Mastervolt Inverter/Charger
- Volvo Penta Standard 125 amp Alternators
- (2) 50' 30 Amp White Marinco Shorepower Cords
- Galvanic Isolator
- (3) Electric Power Windshield Windows (Factory Installed New Fall 2015)
- Electric Powered Engine Room Hatch
- Electric Powered Salon Table Lift
- LED Cabin Reading lights Throughout
- Courtesy Lights
- Engine Compartment Lights
- Barnegat LED Hull Headlight
- (2) Group 8D House Batteries
- (3) Group 31 105 AH Engine & Generator Start Batteries
- LED Navigation and Anchoring Lights
- (4) Hella Turbo Fans Over Forepeak Berth & Salon Settee
- Dirt Devil Central Vacuum System
MECHANICAL & PLUMBING
Due to hull design, light weight and IPS Drives, the MJM40z is "ocean capable", extremely fuel efficient and environmentally friendly.
- Upgraded Twin Volvo-Penta 435HP Engines (134 HRS) w/IPS 600 Joystick Docking System
- Volvo 3 Year Warrantee Extension on Engines/Drives
- Volvo-Penta DPS (Dynamic Positioning System) (Holds Vessel in GPS Location at Current Heading)
- N5 Seakeeper Gyro Stabilizer
- Northern Lights 6kW 1800 rpm 3 Cylinder Generator
- Automatic Electric Trim Tabs (New 2016)
- Engines Spares Kit & Service Manual
- UL Approved Fuel Shutoff & Fuel/Air separators
- Racor Fuel/Water Separators w/Spare Cartridges
- (2) Dedicated 175 Gallon Aluminum Fuel Tanks
- WEMA SUF American Standard Fuel Level Sensors & Interconnect Line w/Shutoff Valves
- Dedicated Sump Below Engine & Transmisstion
- Seaflre Automatic Fire Suppressant System in Engine & Generator Compartment
- (2) 16,000 BTU MarineAir Reverse Cycle Airconditioning Systems
- Airconditioning Strainer Moved To Engine Compartment For Easier Servicing (2016)
- (3) Power Front Windows (Factory Installed New Fall 2015)
- Stainless Isotherm 5.5 Cu. Ft. 2-Drawer Refrigerator (Factory Installed New Fall 2015)
- Freezer (Port Corner Galley Counter) (Factory Installed Fall 2015)
- 13 Gallon Stainless Steel Hot Water Heater
- 100 Gallon Polyethylene Fresh Water Tank
- Dockside Water Inlet w/Check Valve & Pressure regulator
- General Exology Seagull IV Purification System
- Scanvik Hot & Cold Shower at Aft End of Cockpit
- (3) Jabsco Rule 1100 Automatic Bilge Pumps
- Vacuflush Head
- 30 Gallon Holding Tank w/Pumpout & Macerator Discharge
- Manual Bilge Pump
- Centralized Gray Water Discharge Through Transom (Minimizes Thru Hulls)
- Marelon Non-Corrosive Thru-hulls/Seacocks w/ Strainers & Double Clamped Hose
HULL & DECK
- Awlcraft 2000 Dark Blue Hull w/Gold Cove Stripe, Insignia White Boot Stripe
- Buff Non-skid Gelcoat on Swim Platform, Cockpit & Hard-Top
- Swim Ladder Under Swim Platform
- Esthec Synthetic Teak Cockpit & Helm Deck Soles w/Black Cold Caulking
- Micron Black Bottom Paint & Etched Drives With Propspeed Zinc Coat Barnacle Barrier (June 2016)
- (2) Stidd 36" Wide 500W Recliner Pilot Seats (Chamois UltraLeather) On Adjustable Swivel Bases
- Full Width Stern Seat in Bolstered Chamois UltraLeather w/Stamoid Rain/Sun Cover
- Chamois UltraLeather Upholstered Deck Cushions
- (8) Pilothouse Sunscreen/Privacy Curtains
- Aft Cockpit Bimini Top w/Boot (Stores on Aft Upper Hoop, Sailboat Style)
- 24" Edson Destroyer Wheel w/Varnished Teak Rim
- Triple Fully-Opening Electric Windshields (Factory Installed Fall 2015) w/Wipers & Washers
- Stainless Steel Handrails and Grabrails
- (8) Lewmar Overhead Hatches w/Oceanair dual Action Shade/Screens
- (6) Cabin Trunk Opening Ports W/Screens
- Pull Shades on Portlights
- Muir Anchor Windlass w/Deck and Cockpit Controls
- Lewmar Claw Anchor w/25' Stainless Steel Chain and 250' Rode Fresh Water Anchor & Rode Washer Control At Helm
- (4) Docklines
- (2) Fenders
- (3) Flares
- (15) Lifejackets
- Teak Varnished Flagstaff & Ensign
EXCLUSIONS to Inventory shall be personal possessions and any items not specifically mentioned in the above inventory.