1995 Island Packet 39' (11.58 m)
Harpswell, Maine, United States
Cay Paraiso is a well maintained example of the popular Island Packet 37. Her owners have cruised her extensively and provided her with many cruising upgrades over the years.
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: TDLUS023B595
Cay Paraiso is a well maintained example of the popular Island Packet 37. Her owners have cruised her extensively and provided her with many cruising upgrades over the years. A list of her upgrades in the last year include but is not limited to: New Transmission, New Lewmar H3 Windlass, New Yanmar Alternator, New Victron Multiplus Invertor/Charger, New Simrad NSS12 Plotter, New 130% Genoa, New Spectra 150 Water Maker, New Kuuma 11 Gallon Water Heater, Full Cockpit Enclosure....and much more. If you are in the market for a cruise ready and proven vessel, Cay Paraiso should be on your short list!
LOA: 38' 5'' (11.71 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 12' 2''
LWL: 36' 5''
Draft Max: 4' 6''
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 50 Gallons (189.27 Liters)
Fresh Water: 90 Gallons (340.69 Liters)
Ballast Weight: 8200 lbs
Photos click to view all
The forward compartment has a generous sized V-berth with stowage beneath. There is a privacy door to saloon and head and a cedar-lined hanging locker to stbd. The forward head has an S-shaped vanity with polished stainless sink. The toilet sits outboard between the vanity and the separate shower stall with a teak seat. Raritan head replaced. Dual access is through saloon and forward compartment doors.
The expansive saloon provides a feeling of openness when the fold-up dining table is not in use. Mounted on the bulkhead behind the table are built-in bottle and glass compartments. When in use, the table swings out to provide dining service to both settees. The table also drops down to convert into a double berth to Port. Also, the same settee has a bull-nose feature that provides comfortable seating at the nav station. Built-in stowage is outboard and under both settees. chart stowage drawer under starboard settee. A cedar-lined locker is to starboard across from the head and forward of the settee. All interior cushions are 5 inch foam.
The well thought-out galley lies aft with a wrap-around design would delight any talented culinary crewmember. It features an LPG 3-burner stove and an oven, polished stainless double sink with a separate sprayer and hand pump. It has more than ample stowage in the numerous built-ins, cabinets and drawers. The top-loading refrigerator is a Frigoboat with 12v compressor and has a drain pump for discharging condensation, etc. There is fiddled-in stowage bins/drawers for plates, silverware, and cutlery. And forward of the galley sink mounted on the bulkhead is a small flip-up table.
The spacious guest stateroom has a double berth and an upholstered seat for dressing convenience with a stowage and hanging locker.
There is a 3-way access to the engine room via hinged panels in the galley and the aft stateroom as well as a removable front panel. This nicely provides easy access to the engine for routine maintenance.
The main cabin sole is a unique mixture of the new and old. The galley are is molded fiberglass and slip resistant with a drainage grating and sump just forward of the entry ladder.
Forward of the galley, the sole is traditional teak and holley.
Island Packet designs superb galleys and Cay Paraiso's galley is no exception. She has excellent dish, silverware and cutlery stowage, which Island Packets are known for. The galley is spacious, yet secure.
- Gimballed Princess 3 burner propane stove with oven
- Huge top loading, energy efficient 12v Frigoboat fridge and freezer
- Polished SS double sink with separate sprayer and hand pump
- Dedicated trash bin
- Plenty of cabinets and lots of counter top area—including an additional small flip-up table when needed
The galley sole is molded fiberglass and slip resistant with a drainage grating and sump just forward of the companionway ladder. This is beneficial when coming in for a snack after swimming or when the watch person comes below in wet foul weather gear. The remainder of the cabins have teak and holly sole.
- 8 Foot contoured cockpit seats
- Closed cell cockpit cushion with Textalene covers, including helm seat with removable back rest
- The pulpit shaped console was jointly designed by Edson and Island Packet with a single lever control
- Elevated helm seat provides excellent visibility forward with removable seat and back cushions
- Rack and Pinion steering for superior feel and reliability
- Dodger & Bimini with Full Enclosure
- Cockpit shower
- Cavernous lazarette
- Built-in ice box
- Storage in combings
- Solid teak companionway drop boards (3) with center board fitted with safety glass port with etched logo. Locking pins for storm conditions
- Dinghy davits
- Wide side decks for ease of moving fore and aft
- Substantial bulwarks for safety while on deck
- Island Packet’s trademark non-glare gelcoat
- Island Packet’s trademark deck core material
- Lewmar Windlass (2022)
- 35 lb CQR Anchor on the roller
Cockpit and Helm Electronics:
- 12" Simrad NSS EVO3 GPS/Plotter
- Simrad AP24 Auto Pilot
- Simrad Radar
- B&G Wind, Speed & Depth
- Icom RAM Mic
- New AIS Receiver/Transponder
- ICOM IC-M504 VHF
- Wi-Fi Amplifier
- B&G Wind, Speed & Depth
- PYLE CD player, radio with IPOD interface
- Four Speakers (two in cockpit)
- (4) Lithium Iron 100ah House Batteries
- 1 Lead Acid Engine Battery
- Victron Multiplus Inverter/Charger (Control at Nav Station)
- Dual 30 amp service
- (3) 140 Watt Solar Panels (Bimini Mounted)
- Deluxe electric panels w/four way battery switch, circuit breakers for D-C & A-C systems, D-C & A-C gauges, battery test system, reverse polarity protection, indicator lights, elec. pump controls, LPG control, battery charger control
- Numerous interior outlets w/GFI protection
- Numerous 12V interior lamps and (3) courtesy lamps with rocker switch at companionway; dome lights in cockpit locker, forepeak, ice box and engine room
- Water heater - 11 gallon Kuuma (New 2022) w/engine heat exchanger & A-C operation, UL approved, foam jacketed hoses
- Pressure water system w/hot & cold water tap in galley & head, shower in head and cockpit.
Engine & Mechanical
- Yanmar 38 HP 3JH2E Diesel with approx. 3900 hours at listing
- 3 Blade fixed prop with line cutter on shaft
- New ZF Hurth 2.6:1 Transmission (2022)
- New Yanmar Alternator (2022)
- Cruiseair 16k BTU Reverse Cycle Heat and Air (Register in Main Salon)
- Frigoboat refrigeration/freezer
- New Spectra 150 Water Maker (2022)
- New Kuuma 11 Gallon Water Heater (2022)
Sails & Rigging
- Fully Battened Mainsail w/ Battcar system
- Reefing System
- Sail Cover
- Windex Wind Vane
- 130% Roller Furling Genoa (New 2022)
- Reefing System (single Line with two reefs)
- StackPac (including Jack Lines)
- Hoyt Jib Boom Has Been Removed
- Winches: Lewmar: 2-#44 2-speed Self Tailing, 1-#30 2- speed ST, 1-#16, 1-#8
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
Want more information?
Rob grew up on the coast of Maine where he began sailing at the age of 8 through a local yacht club program. He learned many important lessons about teamwork in those early days of sailing turnabouts and 420’s. Later he would become an instructor with that same program teaching kids and adults the joys of day sailing and racing. After graduating from college in 2002 he then moved to Annapolis Maryland and began his career as a yacht broker specializing in the sale of blue water trawlers and sailboats.
Upon his return to Maine in 2013 he opened a satellite office for a brokerage based in Newport at Handy Boat Service in Falmouth. Here he oversaw the sale of both new and used boats with an emphasis on cruising sailboats. In 2017 Rob joined the team at East Coast Yacht Sales in their Yarmouth office where he continues to develop and hone his abilities to coordinate custom boat builds and facilitate smooth transactions for both buyers and sellers on the brokerage market.